Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 22, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #1,114 of 3,645
Quote:
Before I take the plunge, is it fairly easy to remove rockbox if it turns out I don't like it?

Take the plunge.  You will never go back to the regular ipod.

Jul 22, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,115 of 3,645
K I'm gonna do it. One more question, and I'm sorry if it has been asked a zillion times already. Will the rockboxing process erase all the music currently on my iPod?

Jul 22, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #1,116 of 3,645
Quote:
K I'm gonna do it. One more question, and I'm sorry if it has been asked a zillion times already. Will the rockboxing process erase all the music currently on my iPod?

Yes, it erased mine.  I had to restore my ipod to winpod before I could install rockbox. 

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #1,122 of 3,645
well i think i solved the issue, i was trying to keep my settings but apparently that interfere with the new release somehow...so i erase the entire folder .rockbox and then copy the new one...i could then listen to the track that cause the harddrive freeze...

so the new release is ok, EXCEPT for the fact that in USB mode it connects in FULL SPEED, NOT HIGH SPEED, which means turtle speed when read/writing files...

did the same happen to anyone?

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,123 of 3,645
Is there some way to know if the USB connection is 'full speed' or 'high speed'?  I could check mine.

(Actually I found it in Devices by Connection under the UMBus Enumerator, second in the tree, but it doesn't show the connection type.)

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,124 of 3,645
yes, enter the device manager in control panel or execute devmgmt.msc (in xp/vista/7), then click to show devices by connection and explore the usb tree...if the device connects in high speed  mode it should be seen under a EHCI (USB2) host not the UHCI (USB1.1).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back