Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #1,096 of 3,645
Just Rockboxed my classic.  Been using a 4 gig Nano with Rockbox and needed something with a larger drive. 
Now I have 80 gigs of flac files on the go.  Rockboxed Classic + iBasso PB2 + LCD-2 v.2= Portable bliss.

Jul 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #1,097 of 3,645
Jul 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #1,098 of 3,645
Jul 21, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #1,100 of 3,645
aroldan, the EQ seems to work nicely now. Fantastic!

Since you have requested feedback, a couple of small issues that I have found:

- The Default EQ setting has the PK4 line the same as as the HS line. It can be fixed by the user but it's a lot of scrolling from 16,000 to 500.

Also, when I go to Delete a file, it now takes two clicks to confirm. (Edit: The same double click is also needed for "Erase dynamic playlist")

Jul 22, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #1,101 of 3,645
Quote:
aroldan, the EQ seems to work nicely now. Fantastic!

Since you have requested feedback, a couple of small issues that I have found:

- The Default EQ setting has the PK4 line the same as as the HS line. It can be fixed by the user but it's a lot of scrolling from 16,000 to 500.

Also, when I go to Delete a file, it now takes two clicks to confirm. (Edit: The same double click is also needed for "Erase dynamic playlist")

My bad, fixing now. New build in a few seconds.

Thank you!

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #1,104 of 3,645
Quote:
New build at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/JRCK6zFxkw/rockbox-ipod6g-d5eca37M-120722.zip

I rewrote the 10 EQ band patch completely. Now it can be modified using the Graphical, Simple and Advanced EQ. I tested it several times and works perfectly. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Other patches:
  1. filesystem events: Add events when files are added/removed/modified
  2. BatteryBost
  3. ipod6g charger

I can't imagine all the time and effort that you've put into this project.  I would like to personally thank for your work and please keep it up.
I have a couple of questions with regard to updating the build.   Do I just download the file and replace the old build file?  Will this upgrade erase my music files?

Jul 22, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #1,105 of 3,645
Quote:
I can't imagine all the time and effort that you've put into this project.  I would like to personally thank for your work and please keep it up.
I have a couple of questions with regard to updating the build.   Do I just download the file and replace the old build file?  Will this upgrade erase my music files?

No. Just overwrite the .rockbox folder and you're good to go.

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #1,106 of 3,645
So a quick question about file formats.  The m4b in particular.  Does rockbox play it natively or not?  I have some files in that extension that play fine whilst others do not.  It's becoming a pita to sort out and convert those that won't play.

Thanks

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #1,107 of 3,645
New build at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b5xbw6cp4ikfxwn/x9dcZISRjp/rockbox-ipod6g-856a6cfM-120722.zip

I rewrote the 10 EQ band patch completely. Now it can be modified using the Graphical, Simple and Advanced EQ. I tested it several times and works perfectly. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Other patches:
  • filesystem events: Add events when files are added/removed/modified
  • BatteryBost
  • ipod6g charger

Thanks a lot for all your effort! :wink:

To update it, can we copy the .rockbox folder using normal USB connection or do we need to boot emCORE? :rolleyes:

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #1,108 of 3,645
Putente, I'm not going to answer your questions unless you stop misusing the rolling eyes smiley. A line in the sand must be drawn.  :) 

aroldan, I am afraid that the selection problem is more serious than I first discovered. I use the Dynamic Playlist constantly. Normally when adding a song, if I accidentally do a short push on the Select button instead of long push I get the warning: "Erase Dynamic Playlist? SELECT = Yes, Any Other = No". With the current builds, not only does it require a double click to say yes (I can live with that) but the "Other" keys are all disabled. In other words, there is no way to reverse and avoid erasing my Dynamic Playlist.

I know that this has nothing to do with your EQ patch. It must be a flaw in the latest Rockbox release. In any event, I am back to using your rockbox-ipod6g-5544220M-120709 build. I can more easily live without the EQ than having my Dynamic Playlist erased every time that I have clumsy fingers.

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #1,110 of 3,645
hi e1,

just to let u know my xp so far...

in january i installed emCore r859 and rockbox r31516 (we were discussing the stereo swapping at that time, page 25), i've been using it without major problems (couple of tilts due to excessive button pressing) till now when i decided to try the new rockbox builts around. Yesterday tried the 5544220M-120709 (didn't work, in fact it skipped all the tracks during playback with a morse legend?) and then tried the d5eca37M-120722. With this one i tried a couple of tracks (mp3's all i have in my ipod) and while playing one of them a tilt occurred leaving the hard drive making a strange noise (louder that the usual reading one)...then i reverted back to the built i've been using but now when trying to playback the very same track, the same tilt happens every time (but without that strange disk access...fortunately). I know the track was alive and kicking before the change of version because is one of my favorites so i listened to it a lot...

Any ideas? Did the new version had something to do with it or do i have to suspect that my harddrive is failing now? (F*&%$^#@) LOL!!!

Thanks for any suggestion or updates regarding this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back