Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #1,081 of 3,645
Quote:
I've read 2/3 of the 72 pages here and Im still not 100% sure about my question.

I have a 2012 VW Golf TDI with Tech Package. It has a dock connector for an IPOD in my center armrest. With a RockBoxed 120G IPod, will I be able to play music through that connection and have the IPod charged at the same time? If NO, is this simply a limitation of the version of the Classics RockBox, or will this be a problem with Rockbox on a 5G Ipod?

Specific control functions like 'fast forward', 'previous song' or 'play random' commanded from the dock itself will not work. But audio out through the connector works fine, you can play and charge at the same time by simply holding the 'menu' button while connecting it to your dock/USB. Holding this button will also bring you to the quickscreen menu, press 'select' to go back.
You can check the USB charge settings in: Menu -> Settings -> General Settings -> System -> Battery -> Charge during USB connection.

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,082 of 3,645

Specific control functions like 'fast forward', 'previous song' or 'play random' commanded from the dock itself will not work. But audio out through the connector works fine, you can play and charge at the same time by simply holding the 'menu' button while connecting it to your dock/USB. Holding this button will also bring you to the quickscreen menu, press 'select' to go back.
You can check the USB charge settings in: Menu -> Settings -> General Settings -> System -> Battery -> Charge during USB connection.

Thanks for the quick response! That's great to hear. It's not perfect, but I can make due.

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,083 of 3,645
Just got a used 80Gb ipod and Rockboxed it.  I had Rockboxed my Clip before this but I have to say it was super easy to install.  A no brainer. 

Just a shout out for Rockbox.....now I want to get a C421 to complete my rig.

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #1,085 of 3,645
Quote:
Does anyone know how I can get foreign font (eg. Korean) to be displayed properly? All I see right now are squares for the Korean language.

Original font is 15-Adobe-Helvetica ( FNT + GC files ). .rockbox - fonts , you can see it.
For JAPANESE, my friend sent me 16-GNU-Unifont ( FNT + GC files ). Put them into Fonts folder.
Settings - Theme Settings - Font. Chose it and no problem + easy to read for a old man. 

Jul 20, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #1,087 of 3,645
aroldan, the 10 band equalizer is not working reliably. I can prove this by applying a massive Precut and then turning it on and off. Sometimes it kicks in, sometimes it doesn't.

I would love to try your latest build with the original 5 band equalizer if that is possible please. Thanks!

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #1,088 of 3,645
@cooperpwc : I have also this issue, the Q curve setting of the LS band resets itself to 0.0 after a shutdown. There are some changes quite recently into EQ handling code, and the patch needs to be sync'ed with the latest source. I tried to make a build a month ago with only the "10-band eq" patch, and all settings were working fine, some references have been replaced by myself.

Jul 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #1,090 of 3,645
Quote:
I plan to do a full rewrite of that patch by this weekend. I'll post the build soon.

You're the man! Thanks... 
beerchug.gif

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #1,091 of 3,645
hQuote:
@cooperpwc : I have also this issue, the Q curve setting of the LS band resets itself to 0.0 after a shutdown. There are some changes quite recently into EQ handling code, and the patch needs to be sync'ed with the latest source. I tried to make a build a month ago with only the "10-band eq" patch, and all settings were working fine, some references have been replaced by myself.

Yes, I was going to mention the Q of 0.0 issue for the LS band too. Glad to know that  it is not just me with these issues.

Quote:
I plan to do a full rewrite of that patch by this weekend. I'll post the build soon.

Thank you! I really do like the 10 band equalizer. 

Jul 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #1,092 of 3,645
So for clarification, the iPod Classic 7th Gen. is rockboxable? I just bought one and was looking at this guide: http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/EmCORE_Installation/iPod

Jul 21, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #1,094 of 3,645
Quote:
So for clarification, the iPod Classic 7th Gen. is rockboxable? I just bought one and was looking at this guide: http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/EmCORE_Installation/iPod

I did it this week to my newly bought iPod 160GB! Just follow that wizard closely and you should be fine... 
wink.gif

Oh, and get the latest Rockbox build from user aroldan from this thread! See page 65, I believe... 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back