Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 16, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #1,052 of 3,645
Ok, it's my turn to try it! Just opened the iPod's box, and I didn't even turn it on! It's straight to Rockbox then!!! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #1,053 of 3,645
And... Success!!! I have Rockbox now running on my iPod! 
biggrin.gif

davidcotton, I just followed the EmCORE installation wizard and it's pretty easy! If you also followed it, I can't see why it isn't working for you! OK, some of the messages displayed on the device are not exactly the same as described in the wizard, but it's easy to relate the differences... 
confused.gif

Now, a question...  If I set the bootmenu to autoload Rockbox on startup (fastload option, I believe), how can later de-activate this setting and have the normal bootmenu with all the options? 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #1,054 of 3,645
Quote:
And... Success!!! I have Rockbox now running on my iPod! 
biggrin.gif

davidcotton, I just followed the EmCORE installation wizard and it's pretty easy! If you also followed it, I can't see why it isn't working for you! OK, some of the messages displayed on the device are not exactly the same as described in the wizard, but it's easy to relate the differences... 
confused.gif

Now, a question...  If I set the bootmenu to autoload Rockbox on startup (fastload option, I believe), how can later de-activate this setting and have the normal bootmenu with all the options? 
rolleyes.gif

See I told you :)  I'm cursed :)

Jul 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,056 of 3,645
And... Success!!! I have Rockbox now running on my iPod! :D

davidcotton, I just followed the EmCORE installation wizard and it's pretty easy! If you also followed it, I can't see why it isn't working for you! OK, some of the messages displayed on the device are not exactly the same as described in the wizard, but it's easy to relate the differences... :confused:

Now, a question...  If I set the bootmenu to autoload Rockbox on startup (fastload option, I believe), how can later de-activate this setting and have the normal bootmenu with all the options? :rolleyes:

I also want to know the above question :frowning2:

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #1,059 of 3,645
Thanks to everyone... finally got the nerve to rockbox my classic and works great so far!!  Again thank you..Now all my players are Rockboxed.

Goodbye itunes. Hello regular file transfers. You my friend have made the world a better place. :wink:

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #1,060 of 3,645
Does anyone know of a good program to sync your music library on computer with the rockboxed ipod? I've been using winamp before and it was great, but now I want to put folder.jpg cover art files in each folder instead of the tagging all my files so I need a way to sync entire folders including music files AND cover art files. 

Jul 17, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #1,061 of 3,645
Quote:
Holding the Menu key  during the boot sequence will take you to EmCORE.

Thanks! 
beerchug.gif

Another question, now about charging... Yesterday I was charging mine from a wall charger, and I noticed there was a picture of a USB cable on the screen. As I was trying to fully charge it, I didn't   used it much. Now I started wondering if it's possible to listen to music on a Rockbox'ed Classic while charging (from HO or LOD), at least from a wall charger? There's a new adapter/LOD from FiiO, the E11, and according to the manufacturer it ables you to charge and use the LO at the same time! This, with the original FW, but will it work with Rockbox??? 
confused.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #1,063 of 3,645
Quote:
Thanks! 
beerchug.gif

Another question, now about charging... Yesterday I was charging mine from a wall charger, and I noticed there was a picture of a USB cable on the screen. As I was trying to fully charge it, I didn't   used it much. Now I started wondering if it's possible to listen to music on a Rockbox'ed Classic while charging (from HO or LOD), at least from a wall charger? There's a new adapter/LOD from FiiO, the E11, and according to the manufacturer it ables you to charge and use the LO at the same time! This, with the original FW, but will it work with Rockbox??? 
confused.gif

Same advice as before. Hold the Menu key as you plug in the charging cable. This will prevent it from going into USB communication mode. (Instead you will enter the Quick Menu mode which is what a long press of the Menu key always does in Rockbox. Pushing the centre key will then exit that.)

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #1,064 of 3,645
Quote:
Same advice as before. Hold the Menu key as you plug in the charging cable. This will prevent it from going into USB communication mode. (Instead you will enter the Quick Menu mode which is what a long press of the Menu key always does in Rockbox. Pushing the centre key will then exit that.)

Mate, you must be the Rockbox'ed iPod Classic Guru or something similar! You really know a lot about it! And it seems the "Menu" key is always the answer to my questions! 
biggrin.gif

Many many thanks, again... 
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #1,065 of 3,645
No problem, putente. I used to run Rockbox on an iPod Video also and, but for EmCORE, it is identical.

There are a lot of cool features. It is worth downloading the manual and finding out what is possible. I suggest learning to use the Dynamic Playlist (long press of the Select key to access the functions). It is an amazing feature which I use constantly. Section 4.4 in the manual.

Any questions, just ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back