Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jul 23, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #1,141 of 3,645
Quote:
Does the mac(c)(r)(tm)(sueyou) offer to initialize the disk or just.. nothing ?
It is absolutely 100% certainly related to the device being rockboxed..  It doesn't happen with non-boxed iPods .
(Well, actually I think it's emCore, and whatever it is it does to the HDD when you instal the first time, screwing things up . )

The first time I rockboxed it, my mac showed the disk in finder but all the contents were hidden/invisible. The second time I tried, it wouldn't even show up. So I'm back to the regular ipod firmware until OS X support I guess. 

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #1,142 of 3,645
Quote:
Does the mac(c)(r)(tm)(sueyou) offer to initialize the disk or just.. nothing ?
It is absolutely 100% certainly related to the device being rockboxed..  It doesn't happen with non-boxed iPods .
(Well, actually I think it's emCore, and whatever it is it does to the HDD when you instal the first time, screwing things up . )

No, I meant that it probably didn't matter whether you rockboxed it in Windows or Mac OS. That's what anoxy was referring to at first.

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #1,143 of 3,645
What if you uninstall iTunes on a Mac? Don't know if that's even possible, but I do believe that iTunes/OSX might panic when connecting because it still recognises the Classic but the mounting process is completely different. And what about using Wine?

Jul 23, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,144 of 3,645
With the latest build, everything works perfect except for line out from the dock connector. I've held down menu to allow it to charge without pulling up the usb screen but there is no signal to the dock connector. 

Do you think I should try an earlier build?.

P.S. Thanks for this amazing piece of work you've done. I'm never going back to stock firmware.

Jul 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #1,146 of 3,645
Well it isn't working with my 7th gen classic. I'm using the latest emCORE and 120722 and just tried a build that was 6 weeks old and nada.

No signal whatsoever going to the amp.. It was working fine before rockbox =[ .... Where can I get emCORE r866?

I want flac files on my stereo!!! lolol 

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #1,147 of 3,645
Quote:
Well it isn't working with my 7th gen classic. I'm using the latest emCORE and 120722 and just tried a build that was 6 weeks old and nada.

No signal whatsoever going to the amp.. It was working fine before rockbox =[ .... Where can I get emCORE r866?

I want flac files on my stereo!!! lolol 

http://builds.freemyipod.org/

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #1,149 of 3,645
problem solved with usb connecting in FS, apparently it was a mix of damaged cable and laptop port. Fortunately, i could connect in HS using other ports/PCs!

so now, i'm enjoying my ipod with emCore r859 and rockbox-ipod6g-856a6cfM-120722.

thx 2 all 4 support!

Jul 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #1,150 of 3,645
Don't think my dock is compatible with rockbox.. just found this

Once you RB your pod, it won't work with any dock that extracts purely digital signal from the Apple device, I'm afraid. But since RB operates over the Apple stock firmware.

But with any other iPod dock that extracts only the analog signal, the device should work fine even with RB installed.

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #1,151 of 3,645
ride, in most cases a good cable with a jack in one end and a pair of RCAs in the other does the job, specially if your stereo doesn't recognise some or the majority of the RB's features while connected through the dock.

sometimes the simpler the solution, the better!

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #1,152 of 3,645
That's where my other problem comes in lol. The aux in has a loose solder connection and one of the channels cuts out. I was hoping to tide myself over until I could get myself a new solution for my room. It's just a cheap $150 sony micro "hi-fi" system that only has an ipod dock, aux in, cd, and radio. No RCA =[ It's about 4 years old now.

I could always get a soldering iron.

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #1,153 of 3,645
Quote:
That's where my other problem comes in lol. The aux in has a loose solder connection and one of the channels cuts out. I was hoping to tide myself over until I could get myself a new solution for my room. It's just a cheap $150 sony micro "hi-fi" system that only has an ipod dock, aux in, cd, and radio. No RCA =[ It's about 4 years old now.

I could always get a soldering iron.

Indeed !!!, Long live the soldering iron!!! (Besides, you have nothing to lose except for a blister or two you may get in the process...LOL ;-p)

No RCA sockets?, Two jacks then! (and you can also have the chance to swap channels with this cable, a bug that i believe is still present in Rockbox)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back