Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Jan 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #361 of 3,645
I have done the upgrade...all sounding good. I am wondering still if the stereo channel swap is a model-based thing? Again, I am running it on an old, thicker 160GB Classic and am not having issues...has anyone installed on an older 160GB like mine?

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #362 of 3,645
Thanx to all the developers that made rockbox on Classic a reality...

I tried r859 (r31516) on my Classic 2G (120GB) and it works well but the channels are indeed swapped. Addind a 'Swap channels' option in rockbox sound config menu will solve it...but i'm too noob in this to start coding it by myself...LOL

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #363 of 3,645
Yes, I have to eat poop on this too. After insisting that they weren't for so long, someone gave me a test track that specifically says "left, right" in the appropriate channels. I was soooo wrong. They are swapped. I have been looking for a build with the channels fixed/a channel swap option, to no avail so far, but I am willing to bet someone has one out there somewhere...

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #365 of 3,645
In fact, several of us have asked for a channel swap feature in the past. In my case, I wanted to test the left right symmetry (i.e. matching) of IEMs.  However we could never convince the Rockbox team to add this feature.

Jan 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #366 of 3,645
I noticed that there were a few requests out there...it makes sense to include something like a channel swap feature, and I was a little surprised when I realized you couldn't already do this...

Still not a deal breaker for me oddly enough. Just got a Sansa Clip Zip and Rockboxed it too. The official firmware was just annoying...no ability to change font size, get rid of the annoying standard backgrounds, etc, etc...

Jan 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #368 of 3,645
Do you mean the 3G?

http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/Classic_3G

If so, yes...I could be wrong though. Everyone seems to have a different "number for their "G" :).

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #370 of 3,645
Oh...I am sure you are good then :)

http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/Chronology

The above labels each generation so you know what they are on about when they refer to Classic 3G, etc...

I must join the chorus though and mention that the stereo channels are still swapped. I don't particularly care, but some might be concerned.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #371 of 3,645
HI I have the iPod classic 160 thin model and I would really like rock box on there is it stable enough for the slim ipod now or should I wait bait longer? Can't believe apple removed iPod click wheel games now so now I have to revert to rock box long live rock box.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #372 of 3,645

Quote:
Oh...I am sure you are good then :)

http://www.freemyipod.org/wiki/Chronology

The above labels each generation so you know what they are on about when they refer to Classic 3G, etc...

I must join the chorus though and mention that the stereo channels are still swapped. I don't particularly care, but some might be concerned.

UGH!!! So much WORK!!! I wish the Rockbox Installer worked with this,.....any hope of that I wonder???

Jan 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #374 of 3,645
it would be fantastic if someone could post the changelog for this project to date. I tried getting to it but apparently you need SVN configured or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back