iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's
Aug 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #122 of 149
Ok, so when I use a Vamp Verza I believe I can tell a difference on my JHA 13s with freqphase soundstage. It's noticeable to me.

That said, if youre looking for an iPhone cable, likely youre plugging in directly... so...

If I use the UE Cables plugged in "facing down" all seems fine.

Either way, I'm done in this quest and will suffer with the big-ole JHA iPhone cable or UE reversed cable. I have spent a few hundred chasing this and agree its ludicrous that JHA can't get a decent control like UE's. Ill wait for someone to release a nice $125 cable :wink:

:triportsad:

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #123 of 149
Does anyone know if the polarity is the same in 1964ears and UE?

UE has a cord with the iPhone mic and controls. I really want one for my V6's but don't want to risk the money if they are not compatible.

Thanks!

Aug 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #127 of 149
Post a thread named "sunricky cables quality" with pictures and write your experience, that way someone looking for info about will see your thread first. Don't forget to mention from where does he ships.

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #128 of 149
I sent Zee a mic control from the UE cable I bought a month or two back, and his replacement cable with this new control just arrived. Physically its exactly what I want:
Small Mic control with volume and control button.
No memory wire- but rather memory sleeving.
Good quality silver cable and jack.
Correct polarity :wink:

Total cost is $49 for the UE donor cable and $99 for Zee's cable... and $5 shipping.... $153

Ill have to bum around with this for a few weeks before I can tell if it's going to stand up to everyday use...

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #130 of 149
I find that some memory wire- especially the stuff in the ultimate ears cables - is actually too stiff. It doesn't actually conform well, or at least you have to mess with it every time you put the iem in.

The tubing wants to always go back to the shape you see above but is very flexible as well, so that bending it "open" to put it on doesn't make you have to bend it back into shape

Hope that makes sense

Sep 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #133 of 149
I have spent a lot of money and time (even developing an iOS app to test that your Mic is working - called MicCheck/MiCheck - free on app store) to try get the set of cables I really wanted. I have sent cables and connectors back and forth to China a few times, and think I have as close as I will get to a perfect solution.

Recap:

I sent Zee/SunRicky a mic control from the UE cable I bought a month or two back, and his replacement cable with this new control just arrived. Physically its exactly what I want:
Small Mic control with volume and control button.
No memory wire- but rather memory sleeving.
Good quality silver cable and jack.
Correct polarity :wink:

Total cost is $49 for the UE donor cable and $99 for Zee's cable... and $5 shipping to China.... $153

So far, doing great:

It has been two weeks, and I have to say I am very happy. These cables approach 95% of what I want, and the only issue is that I had to order a UE cable, hack it, and send the control to them. All in all a long time, but the issues with these guys controls is the controls - give em a good one, and it works great.

Their email: ebayttstore@gmail.com  aka SunRicky

Here are some detailed images:

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #134 of 149
Here is my latest, and final, attempt - a custom cable set from Moon Audio.

Moon does custom interchangeable cable sets using a MiniXLR - which allows you to keep cables connected to the actual IEMs, while swapping the terminations:

Moon Audio standard Silver dragon cable for JHA, with MiniXLR Male:

Terminations they sell as standard - minijack and RSA balanced:

My custom iPhone termination from Moon, with my own control added. Superb quality from jack to phones:

I had to do the actual iPhone control myself... Full info and article on my blog here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back