iPhone cable (with mic) for UE or JH IEM's
Jul 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #107 of 149
same here, the center button on the iPhone control got wonky. would randomly press by itself. when I would use the camera with the cable connected, iphone would take pictures on its own. music would randomly pause by itself. kept getting progressively worse.
i have sent back to them for repair (at my own expense).

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #108 of 149
Quote:
Anyone did try this and can give feedback ?

http://social.logitechue.com/promos/inline-remote-and-microphone-cable-for-custom-in-ear-monitors/

I want these.  Next extra spending money my wife lets me spend I'll snag a pair and report back.  I'm still using my TF10 cables, but I would like volume buttons.

I just spent a few grand on a massage chair, so i'll have to catch her in the right mood.

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #110 of 149
My Ultimate Ears cables came in, and so I have used my trusty dremmel to remove the soft plastic sleeve:

The buttons are fantastic, Mic works fine

I will say that my initial feeling is that the memory wire on these, and the angle of the exit arent great. Ill follow up later to see if I have managed to tame them...

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #113 of 149
Quote:
Subscribed. Not sure why these cables are so rare or hard to make. Seems easy enough to make a 3-button remote for regular IEMs but for some reason the CIEM ones always screw up :S

It's because cIEMs are marketed towards professionals/enthusiasts. Now, with the "Head-Fi effect" (sort of like the Top Gear effect where the feature car in an episode has an explosion of sales, if reviewed positively) cIEMs are becoming more desired and accessible. Personally, I don't use Microphone integrated cables as I feel that creates one more thing that can go wrong and I prefer the aesthetics and benefits of aftermarket OCC cables, such as DHC primarily.

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #114 of 149
At this point I would go with the UE cable and do some trimming. I have ordered two separate eBay cables both of which are physically great but quality was bad with the remote/mic. I like the fact that on eBay I can get a set with flat cables, good IEM-side connectors as well as the better over-the-ear solutions such as the "memory tubing"... but each and every one had a bad iPhone control with non working mic and within a few days random "button presses" and very mushy buttons.

My guess is that Apple has a tight control on these things and that the eBay folks are essentially getting reject controls through the black market.

The UE cable is pretty basic (I removed the memory wire) but the control is MUCH better than the eBay stuff.

If you do buy a custom on eBay be sure to test it - I went so far as to write an iOS app that tests that the iPhone detects a working mic is attached... since the eBay folks "tested" without knowing the audio was actually being picked up from the iPhone internal mic. (App is called MiCheck - dm me for a freebie code for the App store)

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #116 of 149
Jeremy -  You might want to check the polarity of that UE cable.  I've seen some mention that that UERM pins are wired opposite of the JH pins which would mean that cable is 180 degrees out of phase.

Aug 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #118 of 149
Excellent - that is good to hear!  It is an excellent cable too. I use it with my UERM.  I like that the connector can work with most iPhone cases compared to all the other oversized connectors.

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #119 of 149
I think I am going to replace the IEM connectors with ones from PlusSound (http://www.plussoundaudio.com/diy/connectors.html) but I am wondering if anyone knows where I could also source the over-the-ear tubing that this uses:

The tubing has no memory wire, its "memory tubing" which I REALLY like.

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #120 of 149
WARNING: (I think)  I have a new set of UE cables in and I tested the polarity - Bummer -  it looks like they ARE reversed (my older ones I replaced the connectors with new ones) This means your cables would have to exit down ala standard earbuds for these to have correct polarity.

I took a look at: http://www.head-fi.org/t/527715/reverse-polarity-in-iems

Now that said, since both are reversed, is this actually  an issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back