iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Dec 23, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #571 of 881
That battery case is ugly! I just glanced at the blurb and noticed
"known for its ability to create an insane buzz" !!!

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #572 of 881
Apple should spend more time in designing before making another battery case.

But one thing is true, battery cases aren't the most sexy thing out there and is applicable to all. Apple got one thing right though, you can easily detach the phone.

I am guessing apple want us to use it as an external battery pack only in need...

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #573 of 881
Yes I have got a pair of Solo2 and it's one of my all time favorite HPs. No I had not seen that battery case. I cannot comment on Android because I've never had another "smartphone", just iPhone!...I have been psychologically attached to Apple for the last 10 years...

By the way, did you have a chance to try 6s with solo2? Does that mosquito exists there?

fyi: I have re initiated my fingers on 6 and it now magically works much faster, than it did a year ago.

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #574 of 881
Sure, but do you have a pair of the Solo2?  To even worry about hi-res, you need to go to basically TOTL headphones.  I've tried many times and can't tell the difference (same master).  

Mainly because the battery life is superior.  Both Android and Apple both make great mobile OSs now.  

First time I've seen 'battery life' as being a reason for buying an IPhone

You'll get about twice as long out of a Sony Z3(or Z4?)compact plus ability to a listen in HR through its headphone jack. Just a thought. Sorry

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #575 of 881
By the way, did you have a chance to try 6s with solo2? Does that mosquito exists there?

fyi: I have re initiated my fingers on 6 and it now magically works much faster, than it did a year ago.

I do not own an iPhone 6s, I have a 6 with 64gb (the one on video), that's why I never had so much time with a 6s to test it in detail. But I have listened to different 6s devices in apple stores (not that noisy environment the times I was in), as well as briefly from a friend. I heard the mosquito slightly with my Shure SE215 (strange because I would not consider them much sensitive with 107) and a little more with my Apple in ears double driver armature which are a little more sensitive. I never tried with my Solo2 nor with any other of my HPs, but I guess there will not be mosquito to full size if impedance is higher...

Good that your 6 is OK now! It's a good phone and still usable even just for music listening if you prefer so...

I think 9.2 software update made the 6 kind of snappier...

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #576 of 881
First time I've seen 'battery life' as being a reason for buying an IPhone

You'll get about twice as long out of a Sony Z3(or Z4?)compact plus ability to a listen in HR through its headphone jack. Just a thought. Sorry

I don't know anyone with the Sony, but Samsung phones are a huge battery drain. This is an issue with Android 5.x. That was one thing they are trying to fix in Android 6. I'm not sure where you get the twice the battery life on a z3. It's alright. Different strokes for different folks.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #577 of 881
I do not own an iPhone 6s, I have a 6 with 64gb (the one on video), that's why I never had so much time with a 6s to test it in detail. But I have listened to different 6s devices in apple stores (not that noisy environment the times I was in), as well as briefly from a friend. I heard the mosquito slightly with my Shure SE215 (strange because I would not consider them much sensitive with 107) and a little more with my Apple in ears double driver armature which are a little more sensitive. I never tried with my Solo2 nor with any other of my HPs, but I guess there will not be mosquito to full size if impedance is higher...

Good that your 6 is OK now! It's a good phone and still usable even just for music listening if you prefer so...

I think 9.2 software update made the 6 kind of snappier...

Thank you for the info. That is interesting, because I have apple in ears too and there is no noise at all. Just double checked in super quiet room. May be it's just my ears though

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #578 of 881
Thank you for the info. That is interesting, because I have apple in ears too and there is no noise at all. Just double checked in super quiet room. May be it's just my ears though

Maybe you are right and yours does not catch any noise, because there are mainly 2 different models of ADDIEM, first I think it was a 2009 model which was still selling until last year, and the second most recent model which came out at 2014 and bears the same remote and cable as on earpods. These 2 models have different FR with the second one getting a larger high frequency extension and a little more sensibility. I have both models but I conducted the test with the second, the most recent model. Which one do you have?

By the way, they are awesome iems, isn't it? They have been counted among the 10 most balanced FR for multi drivers armatures at innerfidelity. Compared to ER4 and others. So accurate and exiting sound indeed...

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #579 of 881
mines are certainly the older model, so that explains the difference. They are good, but UE super.fi5 (in all terms, except comfort), are considerebly better to me. Maybe I should try the latest version of apple's

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #581 of 881
I'm on my 3rd day without recharging on my brand new iPhone 6S plus with the Samsung chip. Impressive battery life. Guess the amazing battery life compensates for the terrible audio quality. 

Happy X-mas everybody.

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #582 of 881
I had the 6 and now the 6s+ . My wife got my old 6 . I regularly compare both phones and the 6s+ sounds better than the 6 with my sennheiser i.e. 800 and I have no buzzing problems. There are only a small amount of people who experience buzzing problems 99% (more than
25 million sold 6s ) do not . I have not seen any review of the 6s where the buzzing is noted . I think it is not an issue for Apple as long the 6S sounds for most people better than the old 6. Most people don't care as long it doesn't affect the sound quality.

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #583 of 881
I'm on my 3rd day without recharging on my brand new iPhone 6S plus with the Samsung chip. Impressive battery life. Guess the amazing battery life compensates for the terrible audio quality. 

Happy X-mas everybody.

I don't know what you are hearing that you describe as terrible audio quality. Apart from the buzzing when using the phone at the same time as listening to music no one else has been unhappy with the SQ.
To get three days battery life out of it you must be barely using it at all.

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #584 of 881
I don't know what you are hearing that you describe as terrible audio quality. Apart from the buzzing when using the phone at the same time as listening to music no one else has been unhappy with the SQ.
To get three days battery life out of it you must be barely using it at all.

I have been mostly using whatsapp, playing games and browsing internet with it. The battery of my iPhone 5S would have been drained before the day would have ended. If I look under usage, most of the battery drain comes from games. 

Buzzing is part of the sound quality. So it's the worst sounding device I have. The only reason I keep the iPhone 6S plus is because the battery life is amazing in comparison to my iPhone 5S.

Dec 26, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #585 of 881
I bought the iPhone 6S in switching over from a Blackberry.    I use Shure 535s with an iPad Air.    I would like to use it with the iPhone 6S, but because I need the ugly external battery, I can not use the 535s or even my Etymotics without some kind of adapter or without removing the battery.     Is anybody aware of a straight through adapter which will work with the Apple Smart Battery and enable my earphone usage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back