iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Dec 4, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #453 of 881
It still sounds better than $300 headphones. 

And a $1000 IEM should work on a cell phone normally because with my iPhone 5S or iPad Air 2 it doesn't have this problem (ok, if you charge the iPhone 5S you can get buzzes but I never listen while charging my iPhone).

While charging an iPhone 6 I don't get any buzz if I listen to music at the same time...

Dec 4, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #454 of 881
  Reality check 1.  Complain to Apple about the buzzing and they'll tell you they don't hear it on the earbuds supplied with the phone - hence it does not exist.

Reality check 2.  Using a $1000 headphone with a cell phone is just silly.

Whenever i plug the SE846 into my iPhone 6 i feels that silliness is everywhere around me cause people is wasting their iPhones with Earpods.

Actually listening to an iPhone 6 + SE846 IS the reality check i would encourage you to perform.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #455 of 881
Whenever i plug the SE846 into my iPhone 6 i feels that silliness is everywhere around me cause people is wasting their iPhones with Earpods.

Actually listening to an iPhone 6 + SE846 IS the reality check i would encourage you to perform.

You are right but really there are good headphones that cost much less and offer some quite acceptable SQ. You took the 2 extremes (846 vs EarPods), but there are many high quality solutions in the middle of the rope. I feel the same with you by using my Shure SE215 which I think it's more than enough for me since I am not that extreme audiophile. I just like to enjoy good quality audio, coming also from the music production world...

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #456 of 881
Hi,
Am new here and not at all a serious audiophile, but wanted to humbly add my 2c. I had 2 iPhone 6S. The first one was sent back to Apple, the second has been bought in a store, it's even a different colour. Both have sound issues, and they clearly seem caused by lack of proper shielding. What is more, the issues are clearly audible with the standard Apple earbuds. Not while listening to music, I should add. But I often have my earbuds in my ears with nothing playing. The iPhone 6s is in these cases very noisy, a lot of scratching in my earbuds when opening or closing app, etc.
Call me very disappointed.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #458 of 881
Hi,
Am new here and not at all a serious audiophile, but wanted to humbly add my 2c. I had 2 iPhone 6S. The first one was sent back to Apple, the second has been bought in a store, it's even a different colour. Both have sound issues, and they clearly seem caused by lack of proper shielding. What is more, the issues are clearly audible with the standard Apple earbuds. Not while listening to music, I should add. But I often have my earbuds in my ears with nothing playing. The iPhone 6s is in these cases very noisy, a lot of scratching in my earbuds when opening or closing app, etc.
Call me very disappointed.

If it happens with the supplied earphones then I would think you can return the phone as faulty.

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #460 of 881
You are right but really there are good headphones that cost much less and offer some quite acceptable SQ. You took the 2 extremes (846 vs EarPods), but there are many high quality solutions in the middle of the rope. I feel the same with you by using my Shure SE215 which I think it's more than enough for me since I am not that extreme audiophile. I just like to enjoy good quality audio, coming also from the music production world...

Guilty.

I had twice the SE215s and i loved them. Much of the time i use the SE535 instead of the SE846.

My point was that iPhone is not the weak link of the portable audio chain. It's a fine source actually.

Dec 5, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #461 of 881
Guilty.

I had twice the SE215s and i loved them. Much of the time i use the SE535 instead of the SE846.

My point was that iPhone is not the weak link of the portable audio chain. It's a fine source actually.

You're not getting the best out of the Shure SE846 from an iPhone. In fact, iPhone's aren't even suitable for IEM's due to the high output impedence. Same story with the AK products.

But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it out of an iPhone though. I leave my Chord Hugo at home sometimes and just my iPhone directly since I'm not a super audiophile guy. I even can listen to music with my Apple Earpods (no joke).

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #462 of 881
You're not getting the best out of the Shure SE846 from an iPhone. In fact, iPhone's aren't even suitable for IEM's due to the high output impedence. Same story with the AK products.

But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it out of an iPhone though. I leave my Chord Hugo at home sometimes and just my iPhone directly since I'm not a super audiophile guy. I even can listen to music with my Apple Earpods (no joke).

Blanket statement is blanket :p

How abouts the GR07, ER4S?
Really, anything >= 32Ohm will work optimally, per the one criteria you note with the 6S, or the 6, or the 5 or 5S, and definitely with the 4 and 4S (mostly anything would work fine with a 4/4S per the criteria above), and thems be iPhones for sure O_o

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #464 of 881
Blanket statement is blanket :p

How abouts the GR07, ER4S?
Really, anything >= 32Ohm will work optimally, per the one criteria you note with the 6S, or the 6, or the 5 or 5S, and definitely with the 4 and 4S (mostly anything would work fine with a 4/4S per the criteria above), and thems be iPhones for sure O_o

Well, high impedance IEM's should work probably, but as the impedance varies with the frequency, at certain frequencies the output impedance could be much lower.

If it's not a tube amp, I don't see a reason why the output impedance is not 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back