iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Nov 29, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #423 of 881
As long as there will be a lightning to 3,5 adapter with DAC I don't think there will be any problem. It's even possible, depending on the DAC used, that SQ will be higher...

OMG, I can just see audiophile companies coming out with fancy DAC lightning adapters for headphones...

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #425 of 881
OMG, I can just see audiophile companies coming out with fancy DAC lightning adapters for headphones...

They won't want to pay the exorbitant license fee that Apple will demand. Similar to the current situation with amps, docks and DAC's.

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #427 of 881
I doubt that they will really get rid of the headphone jack.  Alienates too many headphone users.  There might be a slimmer port that doesn't require a DAC but requires an adapter.  Otherwise IEMs with build in DACs are about to get really popular.  But that still doesn't make sense as the iPhones already have DACs.  I stand by my original guess that it would be a slimmer port with adapter available.  And eventually HP makes will make a i headphone cable.  

Nov 30, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #429 of 881
As long as there will be a lightning to 3,5 adapter with DAC I don't think there will be any problem. It's even possible, depending on the DAC used, that SQ will be higher...

The problem disappears with a DAC.

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #430 of 881
Wouldn't the iPhone draw more power if earphones are plugged into the lightning connector unless Apple use a bigger stronger battery in the iPhone 7. If this is the case then it's a bad move from Apple and I'm afraid my iPhone 6S+ will be the last iPhone I will own as I use my iPhone mainly for listening to music, making music on the go and the internet.

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #431 of 881
Wouldn't the iPhone draw more power if earphones are plugged into the lightning connector unless Apple use a bigger stronger battery in the iPhone 7. If this is the case then it's a bad move from Apple and I'm afraid my iPhone 6S+ will be the last iPhone I will own as I use my iPhone mainly for listening to music, making music on the go and the internet.

The info leakages present that iPhone 7 will have a completely new battery with much more juice...So, no need to worry...

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #432 of 881
TBH i'm more worried about iPhone 7 shielding than about anything else. I'm 100% sure that i will be able to use my SE846 out of iPhone 7 one way or another. Buzzing will prevent me from doing so hence it's my main worry atm.

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #433 of 881
TBH i'm more worried about iPhone 7 shielding than about anything else. I'm 100% sure that i will be able to use my SE846 out of iPhone 7 one way or another. Buzzing will prevent me from doing so hence it's my main worry atm.

I guess they will work on preventing the issue since the phone will export digital signal only from its lightning port. I think the whole concept gives more guarantees without being 100% sure though...

If the adapter cable with DAC is of good quality implementation (why shouldn't it be), the result will be better, I guess...

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #434 of 881
I am using the iPhone 6S+ and the LG V10 concurrently. I have to admit that the LG V10 simply beats iPhone hands down this time with the Hifi DAC function on. The good thing is that it works on music streaming apps too, not just on the stock player. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #435 of 881
So the issue isn't been fixed with the latest batch?  After I returned my iPhone 6S plus I thought about buying an other iPhone 6S plus at the end of the year hoping it would be fixed by then. But it seems to be a waste of time since people still have this problem? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back