iPhone 6s Sound Quality
Dec 2, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #436 of 881
  So the issue isn't been fixed with the latest batch?  After I returned my iPhone 6S plus I thought about buying an other iPhone 6S plus at the end of the year hoping it would be fixed by then. But it seems to be a waste of time since people still have this problem? 

Not a single iPhone 6s/6s Plus that i have tried with the SE846 & SE535 has been free from buzzing when performin certain actions (Siri, App Switcher). And God knows i have tried quite a few at different locations from different people and different Apple dealers.

I don't think it can be fixed without changing hardware specs.

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #440 of 881
I really don't get this thing of people wanting to mess about with their phones when listening to music.

Phones are a great way of consuming on line content, reading etc. away from the work station. Now I am away from my computers using my 6S to check the news and forums while listening to my HD800 headphones and a Chord Mojo. Pink Floyd The Wall, just passing "Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls". I keep most of my library on the phone as I always have it with me. Good use for a 128GB phone even if it isn't for everyone.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #441 of 881
I really don't get this thing of people wanting to mess about with their phones when listening to music.

I don't mess with my iPhone while listening to music. But the buzzing hints at an issue that might arise while just listening to music with the phone doing some background tasks.

Hence i wish shielding is engineered flawlessly on next iPhone (as it has been on ALL iPhones till the 6s).

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #442 of 881

I don't mess with my iPhone while listening to music. But the buzzing hints at an issue that might arise while just listening to music with the phone doing some background tasks.

Hence i wish shielding is engineered flawlessly on next iPhone (as it has been on ALL iPhones till the 6s).

the problem here is nobody has said this is audible, ever. Which means its only happening to a noticeable level in VERY remote cases that are absolutely no legit use cases for listening to music. Its kind of absurd how much people obsess over this

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #443 of 881
  the problem here is nobody has said this is audible, ever. Which means its only happening to a noticeable level in VERY remote cases that are absolutely no legit use cases for listening to music. Its kind of absurd how much people obsess over this

Not true, I had problems with the iPhone 6S plus in real world situations. So now you are telling me I listen to music the wrong way which I have been doing on my iPhone 5S for years? 

The iPhone 6S Plus doesn't even sound better than my 5S, just different (it has more bass probably due to a higher output impedance?). Now add noise issues on top of it and it's a downgrade over my iPhone 5S in terms of sound quality. Not paying $1049 for this. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #444 of 881

Not a single iPhone 6s/6s Plus that i have tried with the SE846 & SE535 has been free from buzzing when performin certain actions (Siri, App Switcher). And God knows i have tried quite a few at different locations from different people and different Apple dealers.

I don't think it can be fixed without changing hardware specs.

Really? It still hasn't been fixed with the latest batch?

Too bad because I really really liked the battery life of the iPhone 6S plus i had (it was a TSMC model). 

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #445 of 881
Reality check 1.  Complain to Apple about the buzzing and they'll tell you they don't hear it on the earbuds supplied with the phone - hence it does not exist.

Reality check 2.  Using a $1000 headphone with a cell phone is just silly.

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #447 of 881
Why? I'm getting excellent enjoyment from my K10's and an iPhone.
I have tried an AK and Hugo and found little difference.

With the Shure SE846, the difference between the iPhone 6S Plus and the Chord Hugo was quite big in favor of the Chord Hugo. It's bigger than going from the iPhone 5S -> iPhone 6S plus which is mostly bass.

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #448 of 881
  Reality check 1.  Complain to Apple about the buzzing and they'll tell you they don't hear it on the earbuds supplied with the phone - hence it does not exist.

Reality check 2.  Using a $1000 headphone with a cell phone is just silly.

It still sounds better than $300 headphones. 

And a $1000 IEM should work on a cell phone normally because with my iPhone 5S or iPad Air 2 it doesn't have this problem (ok, if you charge the iPhone 5S you can get buzzes but I never listen while charging my iPhone).

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #449 of 881

It still sounds better than $300 headphones. 

And a $1000 IEM should work on a cell phone normally because with my iPhone 5S or iPad Air 2 it doesn't have this problem (ok, if you charge the iPhone 5S you can get buzzes but I never listen while charging my iPhone).

I hope a $1000 set of IEMs would sound better than a $300 set - no matter what the circumstances!  My point is that with the limited storage, hopeless entrapment by iTunes and Apple, and the environments in which phones are generally used, you would be just as well served by a set of $300 IEMs.

As for your other Apple devices, maybe someone was paying attention to audio quality when they were designed.  It would appear that person left the building for the 6s meetings.

But take what I say with a large grain of salty sarcasm - I'm a long time Apple hater.

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #450 of 881
I hope a $1000 set of IEMs would sound better than a $300 set - no matter what the circumstances!  My point is that with the limited storage, hopeless entrapment by iTunes and Apple, and the environments in which phones are generally used, you would be just as well served by a set of $300 IEMs.

As for your other Apple devices, maybe someone was paying attention to audio quality when they were designed.  It would appear that person left the building for the 6s meetings.

But take what I say with a large grain of salty sarcasm - I'm a long time Apple hater.

:) I use Tidal so iTunes is pretty irrelevant to me.
I have a theory that Apple have never been interested in ultimate sound quality. I don't think that their engineers design by ear. I reckon that they implement devices to run at their potential. That's why Apple devices measure so well. It's all done by numbers.
Happily that results in good SQ.
As I say it's only my theory...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back