iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Jun 19, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #1,907 of 1,973

You are such a tease Maurice. :wink: A man of restraint and integrity. :)
Do you know when Westone will announce this?
Doh! Just read it properly. June 24th.

Jun 19, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #1,909 of 1,973
They were but it's changed in the last week or so. There is information stating the headphone jack in intact on the smaller 7.

Bollocks - I was using the no headphone jack situation as an excuse to justify buying those Audeze SINE HPs with Cypher cable.

That said, if the new iPhone comes with an HP jack then I'll be very happy. I'll probably still pick up a SINE though.

I have an android and an iOS phone but I don't find myself using the iPhone that much because it's such a pain to get music onto the device.

Eh - I just connect whatever iToy I have to my Mac and everything just syncs. Admittedly I don't do Hi-Res files as I feels that there's no point, especially for mobile use. Maybe that's your problem, having to use that awkward file transfer in iTunes to get FLACs across to a specific music app, in which case I can fully understand your frustrations.

Jun 19, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #1,910 of 1,973
They were but it's changed in the last week or so. There is information stating the headphone jack in intact on the smaller 7.

I have an android and an iOS phone but I don't find myself using the iPhone that much because it's such a pain to get music onto the device.

Well, I certainly wish WiFi sync would work reliably. I've tried it with two different computers, using three different routers, and it stops working very quickly. 

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #1,912 of 1,973
I've personally completely stopped adding music through iTunes and alternatively use Spotify and TIDAL, downloading offline files as well to listen in areas where wifi/cell service isn't available for near instant listening.

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,913 of 1,973
I've personally completely stopped adding music through iTunes and alternatively use Spotify and TIDAL, downloading offline files as well to listen in areas where wifi/cell service isn't available for near instant listening.

Yup. Tidal FTW. :)

Jun 19, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #1,914 of 1,973
Tidal is awesome but there is no EQ. The "CapTune" app helps, but it has not "offline mode"

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #1,915 of 1,973
Tidal is awesome but there is no EQ. The "CapTune" app helps, but it has not "offline mode"

Ah. So that's why I cannot find my albums. Strangely one album only appears in CapTune and I assume it is playing offline???

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #1,916 of 1,973
It turned out to be a bluetooth cable. Protocol i don't believe in for the time being.

ef9d3833a3554e5f29da89f5ca878f89.jpg

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.

Jun 20, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,918 of 1,973
If bluetooth is the way to overcome the removal of the headphone jack the i'd be sticking to my iPhone 6 for a looong time.

I was hoping for Audeza like applications (Cipher cable).

If the tonality it's not right, then nothing else really matters.

Jun 29, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #1,920 of 1,973
Another indication that the upcoming iPhone may be sans headphone jack.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/new-lightning-headphone-dev-kit-another-sign-hinting-at-a-jackless-iphone/

I may be keeping my 6s Plus 2 or 3 years. I don't think even having 256GB storage is enough to get me to upgrade. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back