iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Jun 12, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #1,876 of 1,973
What is this occupation that you all have found about all these bricks??? Really, it's beyond me!! Just celebrate the awesome sound quality of your iPhone and save your money!! Just plug your favorite iems straight in this unique Apple device and enjoy!!!!

I think you are absolutely right. I have just ordered a Dragonfly but I am fully prepared to back it!
The trouble with good SQ is that it is easy to take for granted and want the excitement of a new sound signature all over again! :wink:

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,877 of 1,973
Search more and you will find even more enjoyment with iems especially when you will release your head and ears from this extra volume:)))

Yep, I am sure there are iems that sound just as good if not better, but I know that those iems aren't in the $60 price range that the t40rp mk3 can be had for.
In fact I have tried iems that are upwards of $500 that sound worse than the fostex planars

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #1,878 of 1,973
Yep, I am sure there are iems that sound just as good if not better, but I know that those iems aren't in the $60 price range that the t40rp mk3 can be had for.
In fact I have tried iems that are upwards of $500 that sound worse than the fostex planars

You are right, they are not in that price range! But in that case it is much more effective to give more money for a high quality pair of iems and using them straight from the awesome DAC of your iPhone, than spending your money to any doubtful Mojo...

Jun 13, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #1,879 of 1,973
There is a distinct beauty in the simplicity of just plugging your iems into the iPhone, hit Play and get wrapped in music.

At the very moment that you begin to add cumbersome stuff to that setup the beauty, simplicity and ubiquity go down the drain.

On a desktop environment for full size headphones adding stuff is OK.

But for iems adding crap is pointless.

0'02

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #1,880 of 1,973
I agree.  Or take it one step farther and go wireless.  I've been listening to more Bluetooth devices/IEMs connected to my iPhone, and the sound of my newest Bluetooth IEMs are simply stellar, giving wired IEMs a run for their money.

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #1,881 of 1,973
I agree.  Or take it one step farther and go wireless.  I've been listening to more Bluetooth devices/IEMs connected to my iPhone, and the sound of my newest Bluetooth IEMs are simply stellar, giving wired IEMs a run for their money.

This is very interesting and I would like to hear more from you about this Bluetooth issue; is there delay when you watch videos? Which Bluetooth iems do you recommend? If they are the ones wraped around your neck, isn't it disturbing and volume consuming to carry around on your neck?? I think that Apple will come up with something new about wireless listening with the new iPhone 7, so we will see...

Also one more question; if they are the ones that are completely wireless, going together with just a charger box, aren't there any sound cuts on left or right ear, randomly??
Thanks for updating...

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #1,882 of 1,973
Who compared a battery drain of stock Music app vs Onkyo/others? And FLAC vs ALAC

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #1,883 of 1,973
This is very interesting and I would like to hear more from you about this Bluetooth issue; is there delay when you watch videos? Which Bluetooth iems do you recommend? If they are the ones wraped around your neck, isn't it disturbing and volume consuming to carry around on your neck?? I think that Apple will come up with something new about wireless listening with the new iPhone 7, so we will see...

1. ...is there delay when you watch videos? 

Not with the ones that I like and use with the iPhone 6 and Microsoft Surface Book.

2. Which Bluetooth iems do you recommend?

For now my top choice is the JLab Epic2 (review will be published in the near future).

3. If they are the ones wraped around your neck, isn't it disturbing and volume consuming to carry around on your neck??

I'm really not sure what you mean by this question.  Disturbing to carry around a very lightweight Bluetooth in-ear draped over my neck?  No.  Volume consuming to carry around my neck?  I don't understand that question.  All that I can say about that is even if the volume was at its highest, it would last a long time (12 hours of play time for the Epic2).

4. ...if they are the ones that are completely wireless, going together with just a charger box, aren't there any sound cuts on left or right ear, randomly??

I don't fully understand this question either, my apologies.  Charger box?  If you mean the remote that's used to charge, I have the ones that are remotes, not the ones that have a separate box, yet (such as in the middle of the Bluetooth IEM).  I haven't listened to a Bluetooth in-ear that is 100% perfect with regards to sound cuts, but the newer Bluetooth IEMs sound cut for a couple of seconds every once in a while (like every 30 minutes or more), not cutting on individual ears, based on my experiences.

Jun 13, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #1,884 of 1,973
  Who compared a battery drain of stock Music app vs Onkyo/others? And FLAC vs ALAC

from my experience Neutron music player drains the battery very fast due to audiophile resampling, 64bit processing and I have also enabled 32 bit Output and onkyo also drains fast compared to stock music player,so stock music player gives the best battery backup.

FLAC or ALAC drains equally on Neutron music player.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #1,885 of 1,973
Thanks! Here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/699741/audiophile-ios-audio-player/90#post_12648935 I made a RMAA Frequency Response tests for different audio player for iPhone. Onkyo HF plays the same as stock apple music (from headphone output). Vox - is not good and cut some high-freq.

Jun 13, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,887 of 1,973
Nice, Actually If you can do neutron vs stock that would be interesting .
I love both the players, neutron though good sounding has cringe worthy UI.

Done.

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #1,889 of 1,973
  Thank you, so neutron and Onkyo are similar in measurements but the power consumption is huge in case of neutron.
Having listened to both the players, I think neutron sounds better than Onkyo.

I did not do a sound comparison yet. Sound differences may caused by your memory. 

Jun 14, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #1,890 of 1,973
Thanks! Here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/699741/audiophile-ios-audio-player/90#post_12648935 I made a RMAA Frequency Response tests for different audio player for iPhone. Onkyo HF plays the same as stock apple music (from headphone output). Vox - is not good and cut some high-freq.

I don't know if I understand correctly but this info is quite revealing since many people here used to praise the different players like Onkyo, Neutron and others but seems like Apple Music is offering same audio quality level with less battery consumption!!! If things go on this way it seems like there won't be place anymore for others in the whole audio chain!!! That's not necessarily bad news for us audio consumers since we will know what we want and where we will get it without much hassle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back