iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality
Apr 26, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #1,786 of 1,973
Would have to sound amazing for me to put up with such a messy workaround. I queried on the Mojo thread why Chord had not got MFI licensing. Apparently Apple want too much info about Chords design.

Apr 26, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #1,787 of 1,973
Would have to sound amazing for me to put up with such a messy workaround. I queried on the Mojo thread why Chord had not got MFI licensing. Apparently Apple want too much info about Chords design.

I agree with you. This is so funny, for someone to carry around, iPhone, this huge bulky connector plus a whole second device attached on the iPhone:))) Plus second device to charge, which drains battery like hell, as said... I mean what's the real reason for all these??? Is it so different to your ears? Would you get it in a volume matched blind test?? I believe not...

Be simple & love music...

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #1,789 of 1,973
Who said anything about carrying it around? 

Ah ok then. If you buy an iPhone to listen to music at home with iems, then we are talking about cases far beyond my mentality... If you are at home why don't you buy a high quality turntable, treat your room and buy an awesome speaker system and get over with it? I assure you that the sound produced by that system can never be dreamt even by any Mojo and by any iem...

And in order to help you further; between turntable in an open space sound reproduction and iPhone with iems there is a real and 100% audible difference. Between mojo with iems and iems straight from iPhone there is no audible difference in a blind test with volume matched sources...

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #1,790 of 1,973
I don't understand why this conversation needs to turn into an attack of people's usage? There's room for all kinds of use cases. Turntables and speakers are not practical for everyone's home use, neither is stationary desktop equipment. Vive la difference.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #1,791 of 1,973
Ah ok then. If you buy an iPhone to listen to music at home with iems, then we are talking about cases far beyond my mentality... If you are at home why don't you buy a high quality turntable, treat your room and buy an awesome speaker system and get over with it? I assure you that the sound produced by that system can never be dreamt even by any Mojo and by any iem...

A speaker system may not be appropriate to circumstances. I would think it possible to put together a better desktop system though.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,792 of 1,973
You're 0/2 in your assumptions thus far.  Don't use IEMs, headphone is Fostex TH900 MKII.  Your other points were addressed nicely in subsequent post so will not perpetuate this any longer than it needs to because it is already bordering ridiculous.  

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #1,793 of 1,973
I don't understand why this conversation needs to turn into an attack of people's usage? There's room for all kinds of use cases. Turntables and speakers are not practical for everyone's home use, neither is stationary desktop equipment. Vive la difference.
+1

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #1,794 of 1,973
A speaker system may not be appropriate to circumstances. I would think it possible to put together a better desktop system though.

I edited my above post by adding the below line:

And in order to help you further; between turntable in an open space sound reproduction and iPhone with iems there is a real and 100% audible difference. Between mojo with iems and iems straight from iPhone there is no audible difference in a blind test with volume matched sources...

I don't mean to attack anyone of course. Everybody is free to buy and use whatever they like. I just express my opinion that I believe wrong for some people to believe that they hear some difference between mojo with iems and iPhone with iems, when the real revelation, especially for younger people who probably never listened to a real open space-high quality system, would be between iems and high quality speaker sound. Regarding iPhone music, I just propose to everybody to have a blind test and then they will realize that an iPhone is more than enough for the already closed space audio universe of iems. It is quite good though for what it is and for sure practical...

Apr 26, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #1,796 of 1,973
I agree with you. This is so funny, for someone to carry around, iPhone, this huge bulky connector plus a whole second device attached on the iPhone:))) Plus second device to charge, which drains battery like hell, as said... I mean what's the real reason for all these??? Is it so different to your ears? Would you get it in a volume matched blind test?? I believe not...

Be simple & love music...

+1

Apr 27, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #1,798 of 1,973
Yeah that's right- all digital filters sound the same; all output impedance sounds the same; all caps sound the same; all amounts of jitter sound the same; all mathmatical approaches to conversion sound the same. This conversation is going nowhere.

If you can hear the difference of the mathematical approaches to convertion in a volume matched blind test, then by all means, choose the one that sounds best to your ears. In any case my opinion is that iPhone is very very good by itself. Plus that it keeps the practical approach of mobility in enjoying your music which is rather important to me. And yes you are right that this conversation is going nowhere. You have your opinion, I have mine...Everything is fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back