iPhone 4S
Oct 5, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #16 of 187
Memegenerator is finally back online 
atsmile.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #17 of 187
Joke?

The A5 is a serious chip, it has more RAM, the camera looks terrific, and the iPhone 4's form factor is my favorite so far. It should be an excellent phone.

If it weren't for the contract, I'd get one. I especially like the camera. Apple is taking aim at the point'n'shoot market. In a few years, I would not be surprised i the majority of cameras are cellphones with a DSLR market for the serious.

A major update will come next year, which makes sense. A lot of users are on contract still and won't upgrade. Plus it looks like Microsoft will make a major push for WP7/Windows 8 in 2012. Apple will roll out iOS 6 plus a killer iPhone and iPad. They'll flatten Microsoft. Assuming Microsoft can release on schedule.

Also smart is dropping the 3GS to free and the 4 to $99, plus adding Sprint. Those should get a lot more people onto the platform.

Yes, I was a little disappointed not to get something really sexy, but the 4S looks like a solid upgrade to the 4.

As for a bigger screen, I'm not entirely sure I want one. The iPhone screen is just right for typing and using with one hand. The bigger screens I've tried are uncomfortable for typing and cannot be used with one hand. I'd like a thinner and lighter one, though.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #20 of 187
having had an iphone 4 and shifted to wp7 i think the only way microsoft would get flattened would be through lack of people wanting to pick up and try they're platform.   The OS is just so incredibly slick and pleasing.

As for iphone, the phone will be outdated in 2 months (starting with the prime a week http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/05/samsung-teases-next-weeks-unpacked-offers-a-momentary-glance/), god forbid anyone picks up a 2 year contract on this thing, by the time your out your contract you would essentially have a 3 1/2 to 4 year old form factor.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #21 of 187

Quote:
having had an iphone 4 and shifted to wp7 i think the only way microsoft would get flattened would be through lack of people wanting to pick up and try they're platform.   The OS is just so incredibly slick and pleasing.

As for iphone, the phone will be outdated in 2 months (starting with the prime a week http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/05/samsung-teases-next-weeks-unpacked-offers-a-momentary-glance/), god forbid anyone picks up a 2 year contract on this thing, by the time your out your contract you would essentially have a 3 1/2 to 4 year old form factor.

True. Give the WP7 a chance and it will mature. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #22 of 187
The danger is, like the Zune and other mobile phone platforms before it, MS will suddenly decide to can WP7. I do think that it has the potential to be a viable competitor and not the typical circus of mediocre crap Android has been.

From when the iPhone 4 came out, I stopped using my video camera as I could get decent HD video with the iPhone. Any improvements in photography and video are welcome to me, especially with iOS 5 fixing a number of issues.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:35 AM Post #23 of 187

Quote:
The danger is, like the Zune and other mobile phone platforms before it, MS will suddenly decide to can WP7. I do think that it has the potential to be a viable competitor and not the typical circus of mediocre crap Android has been.

Hey!! 
mad.gif
 Don't bully the little guys. As we speak, they're taking over the world. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #24 of 187
Agree wm7 is quite slick. However, don't get carried away with specs on these new wonderful hi tech phones. It's what and how you use them. Where Apple wins in the combination of tightly integrated software with the hardware. Look how long before it brought out copy and paste.

Also, ask yourself what is important. Do you need the latest chip, what does it do for you. An iPhone has the sound advantage of the line out dock. Is that not worth a lot. And even though I wanted a new iPhone form factor, in reality the current size is fantastic for the public at large. People don't want 4 inch plus phones in their pockets, geeks do though.

The 4S offers a Apple designed chip which provides great speed enhancements, and importantly good battery life. Siri voice assistant which is very slick. Cards. iCloud - apps, docs plus changes, books, films, contacts, reminders, music , backups and photos all syncing with all your devices wirelessly and automatically. A 8mp camera with decent optics, image stabiliser, up to 64gb, AirPlay which with an Apple TV is awesome, plus iOS 5 which has over 200 new features, some really significant. I have the iOS 5 GM installed on my 4, and the difference is like a new handset. Very impressive.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #25 of 187
i think that the strong point of the iphone has always been that they have the dedicated audio circuitry of a dap with a decent DSP and amp. and playback time being a secundary point.

In most other smartphones music and video playback is featuer provided by an add on app. while in the iphone its one of the core components.
and you notice it in the sound quality and playback time.

If they could just put a microUSB and get rid of itunes. i´d buy one tommorow.

Oct 5, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #26 of 187
I am a little disapointed there is no new form factor but overall its a great phone. I am debating whether to get it now or wait until the iPhone 5 comes out in June of next year and I think I will wait as next year it will be better than ever.

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #27 of 187

Quote:
I am a little disapointed there is no new form factor but overall its a great phone. I am debating whether to get it now or wait until the iPhone 5 comes out in June of next year and I think I will wait as next year it will be better than ever.

Wait for it.. The iPhone 5 will perhaps be more revolutionary then evolutionary. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back