iPhone 4 Case that Supports Oversized Headphone Plug
Oct 18, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #31 of 35
Glad this thread was resurrected!  I have a Speck Fitted case and just wanted to let you all know that the Westone plug DOES NOT fit.  I really love this case and don't care to just have a "snap" case without any protection on the top and bottom, so I went to Radio Shack and got an 8" volume extension.  Not the best solution, but for $8, it'll do for now.

Another dilemma is the dock connector.  My connector coming from my DICE interface in the car is too big for the case also.  It seems to be hollow-ish sounding plastic on the base to just try to Dremmel it down slimmer so I'm stuck as to what to do there also.  Buy an adaptor that's slimmer/smaller?? Buy a nice ProClip holder with passthrough?? All this to keep a free case that I really love for my phone!

Any advice on the dock connector issue?

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #32 of 35
I had to look at a lot of cases for my iPhone 4 because I have the JH16's, one of the biggest plugs around. I ended up with the Seidio Innocase Active X from Amazon. I wanted the protection of the Otterbox Commuter without having to take a Dremel to the headphone opening. This case has a large silicone headphone opening and I knew I could cut easily if needed. It fit my headphone plug with just enough room.

Jan 25, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #33 of 35
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #35 of 35
Another resurrection. Im thinking about the Vapor 4 case on my 4S but not sure about being able to fit my AT5's which have a standard Westone type cable. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back