iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : )
Dec 5, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #17 of 144
Quote:

Doesnt Work on the E17, with the USB charge turned off, this CCK is kind of useless to me now.

EDIT: this was already known on the ipad 2, just going to have to return the CCK now

There's lots of other cool dac/amps to try with it! The digital out is one of the best things about the ipad (mini) imo.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #18 of 144
Quote:
There's lots of other cool dac/amps to try with it! The digital out is one of the best things about the ipad (mini) imo.

I agree.  And its extremely portable too.  Bringing my Ipad mini + leckerton UHA-6s mk2 with me traveling this winter.  

I tried with a lot of Dacs now.  Seems like it works with a majority of them.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #19 of 144
Hi guys! Been lurking for a little while, and seen this posting, was wondering if anybody has tried the iPad mini + CCK + FiiO E07?

Read previously that the FiiO E17 doesnt work.

Dec 28, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #20 of 144
Quote:

They have it and i like the design a lot better than the old CCK: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=3a

Thank you for the info :D

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #24 of 144
Sorry but IPhone 5 or older doesn't work.

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #27 of 144
cck on iphone 5 and ipad 4  doesn´t work with stello u3 which i need for the mentrum octave dac and not with stello da100 signature.
cck works fine with onkyo nd-s1 and teac ds-h01 which are my digital docs for ipad and iphone.
i really cant belive it is that easy to get an digital signal out of my ios-devices, maybe the only exception is the ipad mini?

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #28 of 144
A few combinations tested during the holidays...

iPhone 5 + Lightning cck + Fiio E7 = no dice. (Maybe jailbreaks will bring fixes like for iphone4)
Ipad 4th gen + lightning cck + Fiio E7 = works flawlessly
Ipad 4th gen + lightning cck + Fiio E17 with powered usb hub = works flawlessly
Ipad 4th gen + lightning cck + MATRIX 24bit/96khz usb to spdif = works flawlessly
Ipad 4th gen + Lightning to 30-pin adapter + old school cck - just doesn't seem to work with anything

Jan 9, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #29 of 144
I can confirm that the iPad Mini ->CCK Lightning -> Dr Bott T3 hub -> NuForce HDP and that the iPad Mini ->CCK Lightning -> Dr Bott T3 hub -> AudioQuest DragonFly works perfectly.

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #30 of 144
Well - I just tried my new CCK (lightning) for the first time with my ipad4, and I'm sad to say that it does not work with the Topping tp30 I'm using in my office setup and gives me the "this device uses too much power" error message.  This is pretty frustrating for a couple of reasons: (i) the Topping is a self powered device (actually running off a pyramid ps4kx regulated bench ps), and (ii) the Topping has been confirmed to work with android devices.  /sigh @ apple.

What powered usb hubs are you guys using to circumvent this issue?  

Sometime soon (probably this weekend), I'll also make sure to test, and report back on compatibility with, my blue circle usb transport and jds odac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back