Introducing XIaudio (Eleven Audio) Broadway and Broadway S.
Apr 12, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #61 of 139
With Diana V2, C9 and Broadway sound mostly at the same level to me. The Broadway is slightly better for its soundstage and tuning. So I guess you can just compare your C9 and A90 to draw a conclusion.

I sold my Broadway after I get my C9. :sweat_smile:

I’ve just bought the Broadway to be able to experience the “recommended” desktop system for the Diana’s and compare it with the C9 :laughing: The C9 is part of my bedside/transportable system.

May 29, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #62 of 139
With Diana V2, C9 and Broadway sound mostly at the same level to me. The Broadway is slightly better for its soundstage and tuning. So I guess you can just compare your C9 and A90 to draw a conclusion.

I sold my Broadway after I get my C9. :sweat_smile:
This is just why I was here. :) My Solitaire P likes clean sound with a good level of treble extension, with fast transients. Especially the mids clarity. Which one would you recommend? C9 or Broadway? This is what my desktop sytem is (T+A HA200), so I would like to have something similar but with batteries - easier to move around at home.

May 29, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #63 of 139
This is just why I was here. :) My Solitaire P likes clean sound with a good level of treble extension, with fast transients. Especially the mids clarity. Which one would you recommend? C9 or Broadway? This is what my desktop sytem is (T+A HA200), so I would like to have something similar but with batteries - easier to move around at home.
Do you expect the use case to be a transportable system or just a desktop system? To me, the main differences between C9 and Broadway are really just the size and the way they charges. C9 is much smaller and (trans)portable, yet it cannot be constantly plugged in like a desktop device; I basically treat it like a phone and charges every night. Broadway is bulky but it can be constantly charged like any desktop devices.

Sound-wise, I consider the two to be very close to each other in terms of general performance. C9 of course had the additional advantage of choosing between tube and SS.

May 29, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #64 of 139
Do you expect the use case to be a transportable system or just a desktop system? To me, the main differences between C9 and Broadway are really just the size and the way they charges. C9 is much smaller and (trans)portable, yet it cannot be constantly plugged in like a desktop device; I basically treat it like a phone and charges every night. Broadway is bulky but it can be constantly charged like any desktop devices.

Sound-wise, I consider the two to be very close to each other in terms of general performance. C9 of course had the additional advantage of choosing between tube and SS.
Let's say, a movable desktop system. I am mostly doing home office, so it is moving around the house, from one desk to another. Soundwise I think I will stick to the SS sound, so I don't think I will miss the tube sound.

If the SS sound is that close, then I will go for C9 but if Broadway has a clearer and more analytical sound with more treble extension, then I will go for Broadway.

May 29, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #65 of 139
Let's say, a movable desktop system. I am mostly doing home office, so it is moving around the house, from one desk to another. Soundwise I think I will stick to the SS sound, so I don't think I will miss the tube sound.

If the SS sound is that close, then I will go for C9 but if Broadway has a clearer and more analytical sound with more treble extension, then I will go for Broadway.
With my Diana V2, both in SS mode I think they are really close. Broadway might have a slightly wider soundstage but that’s basically the only meaningful difference I have noticed.

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #66 of 139
I just hooked up this monster and it is blowing my monolith aaa THX Dac/Amp out of the water!

I am trying to assess which segments of the music specifically have improved but its EVERYTHING!

Dynamics, Sub Bass, attack, speed, clarity, sound stage, power, transitions, everything is just better by a discernable margin even to my fairly un-seasoned ears (not having access to many different hi-fi sources).

The opening of Time-Pink Floyd, the transition in Money for Nothing-Dire straights, the overlay of Cash's voice and acoustic guitar in Hurt, Even the ear-drum slicing crispness of the drums in Billie Jean by MJ.

Running PC tidal USB->Monolith DAC/AMP->RCA/dual XLR cable->XI audio broadway->Drop+ DCA ether CX

Ive got Hart Audio making me a 4 pin mini XLR/dual 3 pin XLR as this seems to be the only way to get actual balanced analog feed out of the unit and to the Broadway.

I suppose this is amped twice, but i don't think there is a way to bypass the amplifier on this unit.

Amazed and Inspired to believe that there are levels beyond lol.

Note to self: Set volume back off of 0 dB when A/B'ing back to DAC/Amp.......yikes.

I am now playing with which DAC to progress to next. I am torn between Topping D90 to keep it clinical, Bifrost 2 for balance, or Denafrips Ares ii for wide and smoothe.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #67 of 139
I posted this elsewhere, but im going to C/P it here as i have Q's for other Broadway owners!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just hooked up this monster and it is blowing my monolith aaa THX Dac/Amp out of the water!

I am trying to assess which segments of the music specifically have improved but its EVERYTHING!

Dynamics, Sub Bass, attack, speed, clarity, sound stage, power, transitions, everything is just better by a discernable margin even to my fairly un-seasoned ears (not having access to many different hi-fi sources).

The opening of Time-Pink Floyd, the transition in Money for Nothing-Dire straights, the overlay of Cash's voice and acoustic guitar in Hurt, Even the ear-drum slicing crispness of the drums in Billie Jean by MJ.

Running PC tidal USB->Monolith DAC/AMP->RCA/dual XLR cable->XI audio broadway->Drop+ DCA ether CX

Ive got Hart Audio making me a 4 pin mini XLR/dual 3 pin XLR as this seems to be the only way to get actual balanced analog feed out of the unit and to the Broadway.

I suppose this is amped twice, but i don't think there is a way to bypass the amplifier on this unit.

Note to self: Set volume back off of 0 dB when A/B'ing back to DAC/Amp.......yikes.

I am now playing with which DAC to progress to next. I am torn between Topping D90 to keep it clinical, Bifrost 2 for balance, or Denafrips Ares ii for wide and smoothe.

Aug 24, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #68 of 139
BTW anyone have a link for instruction manual? Got mine used and not with unit and having a hard time finding online thanks.

Aug 24, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #69 of 139
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 24, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #70 of 139
I posted this elsewhere, but im going to C/P it here as i have Q's for other Broadway owners!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As asinine as this may sound. Go for the best DAC you can afford. I think the Broadway is proof enough that you get what your pay for.
I know this hobby has a Venn diagram type lay out but if you think about all the cash you've already dropped on your cans and amp. Did it not pay off?

I enjoy my lower priced components. It doesn't mean they're inferior but I wouldn't compare them as equals.
For example, I love bass guitar. I like Paul McCartney but he's not Gary Willis.

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #71 of 139
For iems listening, which model do you prefer?
Thinking about some iems like softears RS10 or other with Est Drivers, are hungry vrms, but noise flor is important too.

Thank's in advance

Oct 10, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #72 of 139
For iems listening, which model do you prefer?
Thinking about some iems like softears RS10 or other with Est Drivers, are hungry vrms, but noise flor is important too.

Thank's in advance
If you are only running IEM’s go with the Broadway S to be sure, savings and no loss in quality. SUPER low noise floor due to the battery, even got rid of a ground loop issue from PC I didn’t know I had until I swapped to less-buffered gear

Oct 11, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #73 of 139
I'll be pairing with a Shanling M8 or Cayin N3Pro, hope they will be good enogh for Broadway

Oct 11, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #74 of 139
I'll be pairing with a Shanling M8 or Cayin N3Pro, hope they will be good enogh for Broadway
Just consider your source as a dac only. The best dac you can get will give you the best you can get, assuming that each of those has a dedicated line out, and not just plugging into HP port.

Oct 17, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #75 of 139
For those who might be interested :dt880smile:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/xi-audio-broadway-s.25498/
DSCF2939.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back