Introducing XIaudio (Eleven Audio) Broadway and Broadway S.
Jan 23, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #136 of 139
Update to anyone having the same problem as myself. I had to get the unit replaced. New one is good and working as expected. :)

(Noisy Amp, but sounds great with Diana and 1266

Yup sounds good with abyss. The noise right is due to the charger. Use it purely on battery. Is the best. Alternatively getting a better charger does reduce the noise. I never tried with a good linear power supply like the hypsos, but with a better Switching power supply, it gets significantly quieter

Jan 23, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #137 of 139
Yup sounds good with abyss. The noise right is due to the charger. Use it purely on battery. Is the best. Alternatively getting a better charger does reduce the noise. I never tried with a good linear power supply like the hypsos, but with a better Switching power supply, it gets significantly quieter
Interestingly… switched from Mojo as source to My Cayin N30LE DAP with LO and the noise is almost gone now. Clearly I need a better DAC as well.

How is Formula S compared to Broadway in background noise?

Jan 23, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #138 of 139
Interestingly… switched from Mojo as source to My Cayin N30LE DAP with LO and the noise is almost gone now. Clearly I need a better DAC as well.

How is Formula S compared to Broadway in background noise?
the noise may not be amplifier self noise and may be more of a grounding issue as it disappears when the wall wart is disconnected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back