Introducing XIaudio (Eleven Audio) Broadway and Broadway S.
Feb 23, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #122 of 139
does anybody have a chance to compare the new xi audio k-dac vs chord hugo2? . i have the broadway paring with hugo 2 and wondering if k-dac is a better dac than hugo 2, thanks
Never heard a Chord DAC (not even the Mojo) but I would imagine they sound different. I hear nothing but praises for Chord but also for Soekris which the K DAC is internally. The K DAC sound changes quite noticeably with the different filter settings.

It’s a quite resolving DAC and I prefer the “soft” filter since it adds a more analogue sound with the upper trebles being reduced noticeably. The opposite is the “linear” filter which sounds a bit closer to the ESS sound presentation.

Sorry it’s not jus help since I can’t compare it to Hugo 2. Honestly though, DAC impressions are everywhere and there’s nothing like trying it yourself.

Anyone have an issue with their power switch on the back of their Broadway sticking preventing the amp from being turned off? I usually have to flip it down multiple times before it turns the amp off.
I haven’t had any issue turning it off or on. It always does with one flip of the switch.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #123 of 139
Never heard a Chord DAC (not even the Mojo) but I would imagine they sound different. I hear nothing but praises for Chord but also for Soekris which the K DAC is internally. The K DAC sound changes quite noticeably with the different filter settings.

It’s a quite resolving DAC and I prefer the “soft” filter since it adds a more analogue sound with the upper trebles being reduced noticeably. The opposite is the “linear” filter which sounds a bit closer to the ESS sound presentation.

Sorry it’s not jus help since I can’t compare it to Hugo 2. Honestly though, DAC impressions are everywhere and there’s nothing like trying it yourself.

I haven’t had any issue turning it off or on. It always does with one flip of the switch.
thanks for your thought about the k-dac. i wish i can attend NYC canjam to try it. i might looking for used one though

May 7, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #124 of 139
Are there others here that have tried K-Dac and Sagra? I recently purchased a Sagra and I wanted to move up my experiance and go to a Sagra / Formula stack so ill be ready for 1266 when I move that route. Ive been using the Sagra last few days but I feel like I want to go back to the K-Dac. I like the footprint but I think what I miss most about the K-Dac was I was able to setup a with a -10db so I could listen with more power. I feel like with the Sagra I barely need volume on my Broadway to get it where I like it. I seem to listen to music quieter than other people so that could be contributing.

May 8, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #125 of 139
Id like to hear the differences as well on K DAC vs Sagra.

Ive been using my K DAC for over 6 months now. Im not sure how I feel about it.

It sounds really good. Paired with the Broadway and my new HEKv2 Stealth it sounds quite engaging.
Im just not entirely sure the R-2R sound (or perhaps this particular DAC) is for me.

The filters on the K DAC change the sound considerably. The soft filter rolls off the highs quite notably (the NOS filter) and I suppose gives the music a more soft, analogue sound at the expense of some impact and resolution.
My Matrix Element just seems to get out of the way when I pair it with the Broadway. I get a neutral, highly detailed reference that I think I prefer meanwhile I'll often wonder if Im missing out on any important details with the K DAC.

I tend to go between the linear and soft filter since theyre both opposite ends. The linear seems to provide a clearer sound in the treble and mids along with a more authoritative low end compared the soft filter. Now my issue is that these filters demonstrate colored this DAC is.
The mids become sort of strange on the linear setting that is noticeable when I jump between the K DAC and the Element M. Switching back to soft to linear has you realize how the trebles and higher frequency details are muted now. Not sure how I feel about all that coloration.

I don't play with the other filters as much but they definitely alter the sound much more than the filters on my Matrix. Im on the camp of "cables shouldn't make a difference" but I still like quality cables and so I use Mogami and Canare interconnects and headphone cables. Perhaps Im leaning toward the side of "DACs should just convert 1010101) because Im not sure I want my DAC to color the sound. A great measuring DAC is pretty much it.

Id still love try out more DACs but the ones that call my attention are way out of my budget.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #126 of 139
Hi all. I need to file a warranty claim with XI audio but their website is heavy on Chinese with no clear contact information.

This is a used purchase of a unit less than a year old. Anyone know the US distributor or have contact info?

Issue is that the amp won’t turn on. Rather the switch will flip, the red LED will
shine very briefly then dim out. , No sound. It does this regardless of how long it’s been plugged in to charge the batteries with the device off. When off it also does not display any LED when plugged in indicating it is charging.

If I lift and hold the toggle, the amp does activate and play music.

So either the batteries are toast, the switch is broken, or perhaps the power supply is bad.

Before testing into the unit to check batteries I’d love to troubleshoot this or get advice from Eleven audio directly. But can’t find anyone to reach or a way to reach them.

Thanks!

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:46 PM Post #127 of 139
Oct 8, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #128 of 139
Now that we've got even nicer options like HAA Resolute by Thrax as well as Enleum HPA-23RM, even the most demanding headphones out there could find a better match

https://www.headfonia.com/haa-resolute-review/
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-enleum-hpa-23rm-discussion-thread.969546/

$2,599 versus $2,999 wouldn't be such a big deal, right?
My journey led me from THX 789 to RME ADI2 with XI Broadway, then to Chord TT2 and finally TT2 feeding Enleum amp 23R.

RME with the little HPA-23R could be a VERY nice compromise at about half the investment, but I can hear the difference to my chain.

Nov 27, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #129 of 139
I just got this amp as I saw it on some 2nd hand sale. I think at full price, the Enleum HPA-23RM feels like a better deal as its 2 amp in one. But if you want to drive balance with a very clean sound, I think this is still it. HAA Resolute by Thrax is non portable (no batt.eries) and it doesn't even have a knob. It does sound good though, passes my baseline of better than my M17. Both HAA and Enleum cost a good 500 more then the broadway

Nov 28, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #130 of 139
just want to check if anyone here uses the broadway plugged in. I notice it is really low in noise if on battery but once you plug in the power, there is significant power noise. I also tried utilising another power supply that’s better, notice the power hum still there just lower. Plugging it into a power conditioner do not change things so I believe it’s due to power supply unit. So the question is do anyone use it plugged in or you guys always plug out when listening to music.

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:19 AM Post #131 of 139
Hello Everyone,

Just got a brand new Broadway and would like some inputs on why my unit doesn't turn on.

- when I toggle up the power switch the front left LED blink red once and then turns off. It has been plugged to the wall for about 5h already and still the same.

Any suggestion on how to proceed?

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:30 AM Post #132 of 139
U tried pushing the toggle another way ? Downwards

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #133 of 139
Hi all. I need to file a warranty claim with XI audio but their website is heavy on Chinese with no clear contact information.

This is a used purchase of a unit less than a year old. Anyone know the US distributor or have contact info?

Issue is that the amp won’t turn on. Rather the switch will flip, the red LED will
shine very briefly then dim out. , No sound. It does this regardless of how long it’s been plugged in to charge the batteries with the device off. When off it also does not display any LED when plugged in indicating it is charging.

If I lift and hold the toggle, the amp does activate and play music.

So either the batteries are toast, the switch is broken, or perhaps the power supply is bad.

Before testing into the unit to check batteries I’d love to troubleshoot this or get advice from Eleven audio directly. But can’t find anyone to reach or a way to reach them.

Thanks!
hey mate, did you end up finding a solution for this issue? I am having the same here...

@tassardar , tried everything, including everything @RJHD3 did.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #134 of 139
so you tried pushing down the power switch instead of lifting. Maybe check all your gain switch below the chassis are aligned to one side. If both of the thing are done, it’s likely something inside is dead. Be it the battery is dead, short circuit and it went into protection, or the charging circuit no longer working. There’s not much things you can interact with externally for it

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:47 AM Post #135 of 139
Update to anyone having the same problem as myself. I had to get the unit replaced. New one is good and working as expected. :)

(Noisy Amp, but sounds great with Diana and 1266.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back