Introducing XIaudio (Eleven Audio) Broadway and Broadway S.
Jan 19, 2018 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 139

audionewbi

Headphoneus Supremus
XIaudio is a new brand which is created by a guy who isn't new at all when it comes to high end audio. XIaudio is the brain child of Michael Xiao, a person who was behind the infamous Lotoo Paw Gold, a dap that shall remain a true DAP reference for many of DAP enthusiast for a long time.

The brand currently has three products, one of which is ready for Prime time and two of which due in a near future. For now

They are:
  1. Formula S: (3-4 K USD I think) Their current flagship, designed closely for Abyss 1266.
  2. Broadway: (2099 USD) Class A, fully discrete balance in/out
  3. Broadway S: (1299 USD) Class A, fully discrete single in and balance out/single ended out.
I dont have a lot of detail at this stage about all the amps but below are the detail that I received regarding the two amps that I have a very deep interest and I have the permission to share the specs for.
=================
Broadway :
Full Balanced, Class A design with more output power, and is made for the headphones which are hard to drive.
For example Abyss 1266phi, Abyss Diana, Hifiman HE1000, and Sennheiser HD800 which are High impedance or/and Low in sensitivities.

MSRP : USD 2,099
Input : XLR
Output : XLR 4 pins and 4.4 mm
Battery life: 6 hours

Broadway S :
Single End, Class A design, and tuned for the low impedance or/and high sensitive headphones/IEM.
Examples can be brands such as Grado headphones, Focal Utopia, Fostex TH900, Final audio, Sony, and Denon headphones.

MSRP : USD 1,299
Input : RCA
Output : XLR 4 pins and 6.35 mm
Battery life: 11 hours
*We still use XLR 4 pins in Single End model is for being friendly to the users, just like Formula S.

Broadway and Broadway S, they are all battery powered headphone amplifier.
By using 18650 batteries, they provide very pure power to the headphones. You can charge the battery and listen to music at the same time. All power come from batteries even it's on charging.
The performance of Broadway series is wonderful, especial the noise floor is incredible low. So it's no problem to drive IEM at all. it's designed in special way.
With the compact dimension, it's movable amplifier, and being able to go with you in traveling, and also is perfect desk top amplifier.

Dimension of Broadway and Broadway S :
212 mm *38 mm (not include feet)*156 mm (not include in/output terminal and VR)

============ 7.jpg====

Link:
http://xiaudio.net/

=======
I have requested to purchase Broadway S however I don't know at this stage how the balance out works on it and more importantly which model will have the new Sony Pentaconn balance out.
All I know is I trust the designer of this amplifier and I can't wait to see what he will release next year, maybe true successor of LPG, one can hope.

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 139
I hope soon. I have put request in buying one, my order accepted just they are finalising their payment options.

By the way they have a picture of the final housing on their Facebook picture.

Feb 5, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 139
I didnt get the Broadway, I got the Single Ended model Broadway S. I would have loved the true balance however it is high gained and he can lower the gain however noise level will not be lowered, it is just quieter.

Feb 12, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #7 of 139
If I had the money I love a Formula S paired with my chord Hugo.

Just in case people might be wondering XIaudio owner is the distributor of Abyss product and due to the love he has for that product he designed amps.

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 139
very very interesting;

As a proud & VERY Happy owner of an AnalogSquarePaper TU-05 portable "all Tube" Amp, I was about to buy their new balanced version, the TUR-08, which is also battery powered.

TUR-08.png

I am hesitating now between the Hybrid TUR-08 and the BROADWAY !

Mar 3, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 139
The two are very different, one is SS and other tube based. However after talking to few people who have listened to Broadway S they told me it is lush sounding.

Apr 23, 2018 at 9:32 PM Post #11 of 139
The two are very different, one is SS and other tube based. However after talking to few people who have listened to Broadway S they told me it is lush sounding.

Wait, I thought you already got Broadway S?

Apr 23, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #12 of 139
I've got the Broadway here for my Diana review and boy do I love this combination! Forget about sounding great for a portable rig...it competes with some of the very best desktop rigs too!

Apr 24, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #14 of 139
I've got the Broadway here for my Diana review and boy do I love this combination! Forget about sounding great for a portable rig...it competes with some of the very best desktop rigs too!

Waiting for Broadway S to arrive for review. Very excited to check out Michael's latest creation! For iems, S should be fine, especially since it doubles the battery life, should make it more transportable. So, what do you think of a tonality? Is it on a warmer side or still too early to tell if you are going through burn in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back