Introducing Vokyl & The Erupt Headset
Sep 27, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #76 of 403
Gosh, those sold QUICK. Right when I'm out of cash ,__,

Sep 27, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #77 of 403
I can tell you with 100% unwavering certainty that this headphone sounds MUCH better than the Nighthawk.
How can you be so sure in this subjective appreciation dominated world?
Instead, your statement can be false in the same degree of probability.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #78 of 403
How can you be so sure in this subjective appreciation dominated world?
Instead, your statement can be false in the same degree of probability.

I’ve listened to the Nighthawk. It is terrible. If you prefer: in my opinion, it is terrible. But really... it is terrible.

Sep 27, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #79 of 403
@Joong I’m just having a little fun with you, by the way. I don’t like the Nighthawk, but I realize tastes are subjective and a lot of people do like it. And that’s totally okay.

Sep 27, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #80 of 403
I’ve listened to the Nighthawk. It is terrible. If you prefer: in my opinion, it is terrible. But really... it is terrible.
I respect your opinion for Nighthawk.
However there are some people who love the sound of Nighthawk including me.
I like Nighthawk for the timbre, and details where Nighthawk has enough resolving power for the complex passage of big band.
Of course one phone cannot cover all those sonic landscape for vast musical world where people appreciate in subjective way.
This is the reason why there are so many different phones to cover those different patches of the sonic landscape.

Sep 28, 2018 at 1:43 AM Post #81 of 403
I can tell you with 100% unwavering certainty that this headphone sounds MUCH better than the Nighthawk.
Dave - what are you doing buddy? Already bought 2 (!) headphones in September... :angry:
Besides, I missed out on the $250 option, so now with shipping it is almost $300. Sigh.
Now if it came with BOTH pads... :thinking:

Sep 28, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #82 of 403
Dave - what are you doing buddy? Already bought 2 (!) headphones in September... :angry:
Besides, I missed out on the $250 option, so now with shipping it is almost $300. Sigh.
Now if it came with BOTH pads... :thinking:

They were a lot of fun. I only had em for a week, and I’m kinda missing them already.

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #83 of 403
I hate Indiegogo, this is already my 3rd campaign I signed up for this year....

Audeze Mobius, Ora GrapheneQ and now Vokyl Erupt. It turns out Mobius didn't work that well out for me as the "the gaming/VoiP headset" so this might work better, especially as it's a wired headphone so I can more easily tune the sound signature with an external amp.

My biggest worry with these are as the soundstage is pictured as exceptionally wide if I find that natural or not as I quite enjoy when there's a clear center image too.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #85 of 403
Haven't read through the pages yet but will there be an option to order the 2nd choice of pads if it turns out the one we picked didn't end up working well. I went for non-ventilated as I'm a bit of a bass junkie so likely prefer added bass but then again if it's just muddy poor controlled (Philips X1/X2 type) addition of that then perhaps vented had been better option so it all depends.

Had been great to be able to order both.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #86 of 403
I hate Indiegogo, this is already my 3rd campaign I signed up for this year....

Audeze Mobius, Ora GrapheneQ and now Vokyl Erupt. It turns out Mobius didn't work that well out for me as the "the gaming/VoiP headset" so this might work better, especially as it's a wired headphone so I can more easily tune the sound signature with an external amp.

My biggest worry with these are as the soundstage is pictured as exceptionally wide if I find that natural or not as I quite enjoy when there's a clear center image too.
Z says even with the massive soundstage it still manages to retain clear imaging in the centre with vocal clarity and detail.

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #87 of 403
Haven't read through the pages yet but will there be an option to order the 2nd choice of pads if it turns out the one we picked didn't end up working well. I went for non-ventilated as I'm a bit of a bass junkie so likely prefer added bass but then again if it's just muddy poor controlled (Philips X1/X2 type) addition of that then perhaps vented had been better option so it all depends.

Had been great to be able to order both.
If there are option to replace the mic by 2 pads is really great for us the non-gamer.

Sep 28, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #88 of 403
The mic is on the cable. Change the cable and you have a non gaming headphones

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #89 of 403
The mic is on the cable. Change the cable and you have a non gaming headphones
Really? That means with the stock cable, even I listen music only I'm still have a mic on the phone always?!! Or there have 2 stock cables one with mic and one without.

I just think the mic is a kind of adapter which has a jet to let the right cable plug in. But the photos shows somethings else.
hvfgivshfrdhsjxhtaap.jpg

ea7qos1txhzyp0eihtpi.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #90 of 403
"While Erupt’s drivers make it a great choice for games, music, and movies, the mic setup is just as unique. This boom mic is fully detachable, mutable, and houses two separate microphones that the user can toggle on the fly."

It says the mic is fully detachable. What I'm wondering then is, when the mic is attached, does that mean one side of the cable will be slightly (~1 inch/height of the mic) longer than the other? Not a big deal, but I'm sure this will come up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back