Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Nov 27, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #586 of 657
Hello Guys, I have been using vantam R627 mkii for a long time and a tragedy happened. My micro usb plug was torn down and now I cannot use the micro usb to transmit DSD signal, however, other input are normally functioned. Do you guys know that how can I repair it or just leave it alone?

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #587 of 657
If still under warranty you can bring it to the distributor for repair... or you can repair yourself if you have good soldering skills..., where are you based?

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #589 of 657
  I am from Hong Kong, and the warranty is over. Also, I bought this product in Japan last year, so the local distributor are unwilling to fix my product

Is this directly from VC HK?  If not, PM me for some contact info.

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #591 of 657
  6 months have passed since previous FW update was issued...
No hope for a new one?...

Why?  Most of the major and even minor issues had already been resolved.

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #592 of 657
  Why?  Most of the major and even minor issues had already been resolved.

Two issues left:
- the screen turns on every time you touch volume control knob
- no "carousel" scrolling yet (not sure it's called that way - I mean when you scroll to the end and want to return to the top, you should scroll all the list backwards again).

When/if these issues are solved, Valoq woul be a perfect device (for me, at least)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #595 of 657
perhaps silly questions but i don't think they're covered within the thread (if they are, apologies):

1) can it be used to accept stream from iDevices (with CCK) as a USB DAC - for my spotify and TIDAL needs 
2) is gapless playback true gapless now? 
3) if I don't intend to op amp roll, should I opt for something else?
4) in stock form, is it quiet enough for super sensitive IEMs (CA andromeda, fitear etc)
5) if the answer is No in 4), which op amp would users here suggest for super sensitive IEMs

thanks in advance!

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #596 of 657
Valoq is a pretty dedicated purpose piece of kit. It does one thing and does it exceedingly well. I own the limited edition and had the chance to audition the Sony WM1Z. The limited edition Valoq surpassed the Sony in resolution and naturalness by a wide margin to my ears.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #597 of 657
Valoq is a pretty dedicated purpose piece of kit. It does one thing and does it exceedingly well. I own the limited edition and had the chance to audition the Sony WM1Z. The limited edition Valoq surpassed the Sony in resolution and naturalness by a wide margin to my ears.

so, it's a player only device that can't be used as a DAC?

also, are you using it with high sensitivity iems? if so, is it hissy?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back