Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Apr 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #616 of 659
Hi everyone, is there still many users of the valoq until today?

have been interested in this player for quite a long time, loving the unique design and the ability to change opamp, until finally i pulled the trigger on this. i had a very good deal for a second hand unit and finally received the unit today. btw it's the 64gb model and not sure which opamp installed inside the unit since i got it second hand, i don't have the screwdriver at the moment to check it but i suppose it's the default muse 8820

first impression when holding the unit. it is more light than i had expected the plastic body have a nice feeling to it, but the wheel the button and silver plastic in the sides feel a little bit clunky. it moves quite easily and i'm quite worried if it would last.

I start up the unit right away and plug ini my microsd, somehow it can only detect several song, so i plug it in the computer and try to copy the content of the microsd to the internal storage, but it is painfully slow? did anyone also experience this? or is because the slow writing speed of my microsd?

actually I was using chord hugo before this but decide to downgrade because it's just not portable enough for me, so bear with me for the sound impression i would also ask you guys for the opinion regarding this matter.

the first thing i noticed when i listen to it for about 3-4 songs is the superb separation and detail especially from the instruments. i think the little laid back midrange contribute to this making the other instrument feel forward and engaging. it also has a really good low impact and it's really controlled without bleeding into other region, the treble has some nice spark to it but somehow i feel it's not really extended and lack some air and refinement in it. but what i find the most lacking is the black background i don't know if i have been too pampered with the hugo refined signature but i feel that even if the separation is good there is a too much noise between it. i have read the article in the ohm image that the valoq has some grounding problem is this problem related to the grounding problem? i even reconnect my jack several time to make sure that the connection is tight.

for the hissing, i tried with my iem zero audio doppio which is quite senstive i could hear a faint hiss but it's not really bothering when the music is playing

i have read quite a lot in this thread and many suggest to change the opamp for a better sound, is rolling the opamp will change the sound significantly and maybe solve these problems? from the cosensus that i read MUSES 02 i and OPA627 is a good replacement , too bad MUSES 01 couldnt be used because of the voltage problem, i have hear about nothing but good things about MUSES01 really want to try that one actually.

now i'm pondering whether i should keep the valoq or not, i actually really love the compact form factor and the tonality of this device but i just can't help but think that this device could deliver better than what i'm hearing now. for now i will listen to it some more to allow my brain to "burn in". i also have new IEM coming this week so maybe i'll try to listen the valoq with it

looking forward for your opinion guys, thanks so much

May 13, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #619 of 659
A very good player, I've recently tried. More affordable compared to other high-end DAPs, and with a surprisingly good sound quality. The build and interface may discourage some people though. Background is very clean, and dark. Separation, soundstage, tonal accuracy, are all superb. I've only tried listening with a few classical and jazz, so I cannot comment much. But overall sound tends to the warmer, natural side. It is impressively clear, wide, and transparent.

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #620 of 659
Very happy at the moment! My player returned from servicing looking brand spanking new and sounding much more refined then previously. When I purchased it used, it looked fine from the outside and played well, however, when using a interconnect with the nakamura porta aclear there was some sorta of buzz going on. Light and small, but noticeable. No more though. Pitch black is where I'm at and here to stay (decided not to sell).

Kudos to Venturecraft whom were fast, courteous, and prompt with shipping. Between sending and turn around, just under two weeks. Having only dealt with Aune in the past, this was a breeze comparatively speaking. Additionally communication was quick and clear and I was able to have them change my battery. I shouldn't be letting this out of my sight for some time..

Has anyone tested out the muse03 referred to previously? I'm wondering if anything that might rival the 627sm in performance or offer a different tuning that doesn't lack the same level of dynamics.

Jun 25, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #621 of 659
Very happy at the moment! My player returned from servicing looking brand spanking new and sounding much more refined then previously. When I purchased it used, it looked fine from the outside and played well, however, when using a interconnect with the nakamura porta aclear there was some sorta of buzz going on. Light and small, but noticeable. No more though. Pitch black is where I'm at and here to stay (decided not to sell).

Kudos to Venturecraft whom were fast, courteous, and prompt with shipping. Between sending and turn around, just under two weeks. Having only dealt with Aune in the past, this was a breeze comparatively speaking. Additionally communication was quick and clear and I was able to have them change my battery. I shouldn't be letting this out of my sight for some time..

Has anyone tested out the muse03 referred to previously? I'm wondering if anything that might rival the 627sm in performance or offer a different tuning that doesn't lack the same level of dynamics.
How did you contact them? I have a similar issued with mine and I think mine can do with a service.
I love valoq tonality however I do hear background noise which till now I thought was the nature of the player, but now reading your post it might not be the case.

Jun 25, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #623 of 659
Jul 17, 2017 at 1:56 AM Post #628 of 659
I have limited knowledge about the 627bm. However, I do know that the 627sm was a limited edition op amp Venturecraft was able to produce. From my understanding there is 100 limited edition models with the 627sm. From my experience, again I'm in not mistaken as all the sites were in various languages(chinese,japanese) there may have been a few 627sm op amps sold separately, though few in number. Speaking from owning the limited edition it is quite capable without even needing an amp. Very black background with great separation and 3d imagining and tonal balance. As I live in the states, I have yet to come across anyone with even a basic model as so don't have impressions/comparisons to other models.

In short if you come across the 627sm and you have the money. Do it.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #629 of 659
I personally think single ended Valoq is as good as balance. So maybe start by getting a pair of 627sm and starter from there.

Valoq limited also has higher pcm upsampling capabilities as well as 200 GB microsd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back