Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Jul 21, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #631 of 659
Lately I have been truly enjoying valoq and stagediver Sd2 single ended. I get a very rich bass, excellent isolation and coherency that I expect from single driver IEM. Treble extension is excellent for dual BA. I wish Valoq was more silent so I can use it with HUM pristine but for now SD2 does a fine job.

Jul 21, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #632 of 659
Lately I have been truly enjoying valoq and stagediver Sd2 single ended. I get a very rich bass, excellent isolation and coherency that I expect from single driver IEM. Treble extension is excellent for dual BA. I wish Valoq was more silent so I can use it with HUM pristine but for now SD2 does a fine job.

I really need to try SD2! IDK why I like this driver configuration so much- have owned 6 or 7 dual BA over the years, but still not heard one of the most famous models still in production :confounded: Though rather content with Q-Jays and ES2 atm.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #633 of 659
I really need to try SD2! IDK why I like this driver configuration so much- have owned 6 or 7 dual BA over the years, but still not heard one of the most famous models still in production :confounded: Though rather content with Q-Jays and ES2 atm.
i've given up on any IEM which has more complicated driver combination. Most hiss, too sensitive or have insane impedance curve. I'm hoping to try a balance cable tomorrow and have another listen with layla II Vs K10. i owned the Layla II and I liked how it sounded with Valoq, however disliked its size and metallic body feeling during heat of summer and cold of winter.

I am getting the Cardas A8 anniv model next week, i hope it pairs nicely with valoq. Currently valoq has been my daily DAP. With the right IEM it is so darn engaging, specially with DSD upsampling.

Jul 29, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #638 of 659
@audionewbi is stating the output voltage the unit can deliver. With the UFEEL MKIII it needs a constant voltage output of 9v making it unusable for the Valoq.

One I'm really curious about is the 637sm. Wonder if they will release for valoq. Has anyone seen or found or heard news?

Jul 30, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #640 of 659
Let me share with you a review on the opa627 and opa637 being used in in a different system setup.
I feel these can be taken with a small grain salt as the valoq truly is transparent in its relating quality per opa.
https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/auzentech-x-fi-forte-7-1-soundcard-review-|-test,15.html

As per the review of the 637sm "We have the laidback Burr-Brown character but with an extended high end and improved separation and clarity. There is no confusion or congestions on complicated musical passages. The amplifier just provides a very balanced crystal clear, articulate sonic profile."

Sep 17, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #644 of 659
Just got this dap recently, with stock op amps. Which one is better replacement for the amps, muses02 or opa627/637?

This is quite a weird DAP that produce hiss in all my IEMs, strangely enough only my flamenco (11 BA) doesn't hiss even though hybrids IEMs do.

Sep 17, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #645 of 659
Yes it isn't a quiet DAP, it has a lot of things wrong with it but I find the tonality very addictive once the music is playing.
I found opa627 reduces the hissing a lot however Muses02 is more balance approach, opa627 eats power, heats the dap and makes the sound too smooth for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back