Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Nov 24, 2015 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 657

audionewbi

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, for now I have made this thread since there is none. I have no unit but I know of few members who are getting a unit and they assure me ignoring its UI the sound is ver competitive. 
So for now here are the following information that I have:

Official site:
http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/valoq/index.php

First impression

DrSheep
http://www.head-fi.org/t/788756/introducing-venturecraft-soundroid-valoq-sdp-1-impression-thread-check-second-post-for-updates/135#post_12204470
http://www.head-fi.org/t/788756/introducing-venturecraft-soundroid-valoq-sdp-1-impression-thread-check-second-post-for-updates/150#post_12210690
http://www.head-fi.org/t/788756/introducing-venturecraft-soundroid-valoq-sdp-1-impression-thread-check-second-post-for-updates/165#post_12211203
http://headpie.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/venturecraft-soundroid-valoq-sdp-1.html

nanaholic
http://www.head-fi.org/t/788756/introducing-venturecraft-soundroid-valoq-sdp-1-impression-thread-check-second-post-for-updates/150#post_12208781

productred
http://www.head-fi.org/t/788756/introducing-venturecraft-soundroid-valoq-sdp-1-impression-thread-check-second-post-for-updates/195#post_12228198

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 657
Product informations

■ Features​

Fully balanced analog circuit design /2.5mm 4-pole

1. The differential output of the DAC completely full balance circuit design intact, adopted Analog Devices Inc. AD8397 capable of driving a large load with excellent linearity in headphone amplifier.

Native playback of straight PCM384k / 32bit, DSD256

1. DAC part by all of circuit design, including the Asahi Kasei Electronics (AKM) "VERITA AK4490", 
    can be native playback of PCM384k / 32bit, DSD256.

Real-time up-conversion function

1. This unit SRC part Asahi Kasei Electronics (AKM) "AK4137" adopt a new generation flagship VERITA 32-bit sampling rate converter. It entered PCM data DSD128 or PCM (up to 352.8 / 384k, 32bit) convert to convert to output more than sound quality CD, compressed sound source will also achieve a more vibrant sound becomes a CD or more of the high-quality sound.

Interchangeable op amp configuration of venture craft tradition

1. DAC output low-pass filter op amp part of SounDroid VALOQ is possible to replace the operational amplifier to match the sound quality of the user's preference (will be the self-responsibility of the customer).

To an analog signal system, adopt high-quality sound Vishay Merufu resistance

1. Merufu adoption greatly suppress the generation of thermal noise by the resistance, to achieve the clarity of a particularly high frequency a relaxed.

To an analog signal system condenser, adopt high-quality sound Rubicon PML film condenser

1. The peak feeling of using the film type capacitors, to reduce the noise impression to realize smooth tone.

To support high-quality, adoption of the six-layer Filled via build-up substrate

1. Bass and relaxed treble that had pulled adopts the filled via structure and a low dielectric constant substrate to the substrate, contributing like to clear vocal sound.

New development charge pump type analog power supply circuit

1. The analog circuit operational amplifier power, adopted a separate charge pump power to perform sufficient power supply of ± 7V, 
    and to emphasize the reduction and stereo crosstalk improves the drive ability of the headphones.

Three types of digital filter equipped

1. You can choose three types of digital filters by the sound source. Because it has a built-in each of the sound color, you can determine a flexible and easily sound quality.

Installation of 5 Band EQ function that allows a high degree of sound quality adjustment

1. Graphic EQ divides the frequency at regular intervals, can be used to adjust the level of each band. ※ band fixed

Direct operation reproduction by the rotary encoder

1. Such as menu operation has adopted a rotary encoder that can be intuitive operation.

Adopt universe material carbon fiber resin in housing

1. The 80 percent of the resin portion of the housing adopted a carbon fiber resin Mochiawaseru the same robustness and aluminum material high rigidity, electromagnetic shielding, and it is a good design to lightweight.

■ Block Diagram​

gairyakuzu.png

■ Spec​

■ recording medium​
Built-in MemoryAbout 6GB
External slotmicroSD card x1: SDHC / XC * SDXC until correspondence / 1 file 4GB up to 2TB in that format in this machine
■ music playback​
Continuous playbackAbout 7 hours (FLAC / 44.1k / 16bit)
file formatWAV, AIFF, mp3, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, DSDIFF, DSF (DSD256 / SD (corresponding after USB_DAC during DSD128 ※ update))
Sampling 
rate
PCM: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 / 352.4 / 384 kHz 
DSD: DSD64 / DSD128 / DSD256
Quantization bit rate16/24 / 32bit
Folder Management
Tag information
Database managementMusic (all / Views order / playlist), by album, by artist, genre, high resolution PCM, DSD only
Resume function
Album art display
Playlist function
Repeat modeRepeat, Repeat One, Shuffle
EQ function5band EQ
Gapless playback○ (on / off) ※ support after the update
■ Audio​
Sampling rate 
converter
AK4137EQ
Info: http://www.akm.com/akm/en/product/datasheet1/?partno=AK4137EQ
D / A converter AK4490

Info: http://www.akm.com/akm/en/product/datasheet1/?partno=AK4490EQ&link_id=link753
Headphone amplifierAD8397
PreamplifierMUSES8820
Input and output terminal3.5mm stereo mini / optical digital (round-maximum PCM192kHz 24bit) x1,2.5mm4 pole balance x1 (DSD output of an optical digital conversion to PCM 192kHz 24bit)
USB-DAC function44.1 ~ 192KHz / 24bit, DSD64 / 128/256: correspondence after the asynchronous mode ※ update
Headphone 
output level
125mW + 125mW at 32Ω (Unbalance / Balance)
Line output level2Vrms (no load, the time line output mode)
Frequency characteristic10Hz-100KHz
S / N ratio110dB or more (A-weighted)
THD + N0.001% or less (1kHz / -6dBFS, PCM 44.1kHz 24bit, no load)
Output switchingBalanced / unbalanced / optical digital (automatic switching)
Volume adjustment81 step, the main power ON / OFF
Output modeHeadphones (variable volume) / line (fixed volume)
LR balance0 ~ -6dB, 0.5dB step
gainUser-configurable (0 ~ 30dB), 1dB step
Up 
sampling
When the analog output: PCM to DSD (DSD128), PCM to PCM (PCM176.4, 192k / 352.8,384KHz, 16/24 / 32bit, bypass) optical digital output when: PCM to PCM (PCM192k, 16/24 / 32bit, bypass)
■ display language​
Display languageJapanese, English, 
(Chinese (Traditional, Simplified), other ※ correspondence after the update)
■ Power​
batteryBuilt-in lithium ion polymer (3000mAh / 3.7V)
Auto-off functionAuto Power Off (user-configurable), back- 
light-off (user-configurable), sleep timer
Charging methodCharging only (when the power is turned off), charging and playback, 
charging and data transfer
Charging timeCharging time of about 6 hours (500mA when charging)
Screen standby time1 minute / 5 minutes / 10 minutes / 15 minutes / 30 minutes
Screen brightnessSeveral steps
■ USB type​
shapemicro USB (B)
InterfaceUSB2.0 High speed
USB classUSB mass storage
■ Screen​
Display 
resolution
2.4-inch TFT color LCD QVGA (W320xH240 dot)
■ size / mass​
sizeW70mm × H107mm × T20mm
massAbout 160g
※ After the update, there is a corresponding specification. 
※ With regard to the specifications and appearance of the product, there may be subject to change without notice.​

​

Nov 24, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 657
1-Unit arrived just before Christmas, thank the gods of head-fi for not making me wait a week till the next deliver cycle! [24-12-2015]

was not expecting to get the unit this quick but I did. The unit is infact very light, if you find Ak120 easy to carry this should be as easy. First impressions are quiet positive. This is the first DAP venturecraft has produced however I will not use that as a justification for any short coming on their behalf however so far for a first attempt it is a nicely done unit, I give them a pass however there are few things I liked improved:

1. The unit uses wheel for navigation:The scroll wheel design when done right can work (shanling M3 for instance) however the one used on Valoq seems loss, I like a bit more resistance.
  2. Scroll wheel is easy to spin, we must always lock it: Since it is so easy to spin the wheel which what it does is skip a few second in track (no big deal right) but if you want to FF a song this means you have to take the unit out of your pocket, unlock it and FF it. 
  3. Where is my FF button: In order to FF a song it is required to press the scroll wheel hard twice.
  4. There is still a slight gap between song: Not truly gapless but the gap as stated in the audio setting is 100ms, still long enough for me to notice
  5. Quality check can be better: Sadly my unit has developed a white-line across the TFT screen, I think there is a set of faulty screens that they used on their early batches.
But now lets focus on sound: In short it sounds very similar to AK240, very wide, well extended and detailing using stock opamp is adequate however that can easily be fixed. The magic of valoq is in us been able to fine tune the sound using different LPF. I know I cannot wait to figure this part out myself.

The balance out just offer excellent dynamic for my T8iE, I will test other IEM later, early days. 

I will post pictures later tonight, promise :)

2-The strength of this dap is in DSD upsampling, for now [24-12-2015]

I think the strength of this dap is
a)DSD playback and
b)DSD upsampling.

I notice no improvement when going DSD-DSD however PCM-DSD I notice a positive change. Going from PCM to higher res PCM(354/384) adds brightness which I dislike. That brightness increases as the sample rate increases. Also bit-depth of 24 I find better sounding than 32 bit. I think they still have a bit of work to do when it comes to PCM-PCM algorithm. 

DSD128 upsampling is just so easy to listen to, non-fatiguing is the right word to describe it.

PS: Happy holidays :)

3-Where can I buy it? [5-01-2016]
Currently the only official authorised seller outside of Japan is salehifi.com. They ship internationally using fedex. For those who are interested in going balance i highly recommend their balance mmcx cable. I wish the fitear version was cheaper but I kind of thing getting the F111 balance is an over kill. 

For further information please refer to this link http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/buy.php

salehifi site: salehifi.com

salehifi.com

This is the first time I have done business with them. Their communication is done in English and they are promote. Depending when you email them their response could be done in matter of hours if not they will respond the very next day. I sometimes get replies back late Saturday night too. The information that they pass to me comes as quick as they get it from VC Japan.

Nov 28, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 657
Sadly the only annoying thing about them is their communication is slow, they are just like how Lotoo were at start are, they seem to only be interested in Japan and than Hong Kong market. As much as I loved to try this I have to pass, if I do find any future updates I will post it here. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #11 of 657
When there is a will there is a way, after many search and almost two dozen email I managed to find a the international distributor for venturecractf. At first I was not sure if it is legit but they are. For those who are interest to order venturecraft product without going international forwarders they can try them: http://www.salehifi.com/

Right now they do not have the VALOQ dap on their list, they are waiting for their stock to arrive before they list it on their site. Things I do for this hobby :D

Dec 17, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 657
Just got the great news from salehifi that they just got their shipment limited to 10 units, I couldn't resist and sent my payment. It ended up costing me less than what I had to pay using pricejapan. Only if it was this time last year I could have this for less than 680 AUD but it ended up being more, but for those who are interested in getting venturecraft product i highly recommend salehifi. My first interaction has been very positive. 

According to their site they ship 30 country, the price of their product includes fedex shipping. They also sale a 2.5mm mmcx and fitear type cable, I ordered a unit of 2.5mm mmcx cable as i needed one to test the balance out.

I will keep this thread active, I am glad I somehow bought it. Last time I felt this excited about a product was when I got the lotoo paw gold, my gut feeling hasn't failed me so far.

On the other hand the venturecraft japan arent still as responsive, sadly the language barrier is the main issue. However their international seller are very active and I think I pass my technical question to them. I am currently researching opamp rolling thread as I am interested to attempt to make a chart comparing different opmap but I am not sure on the power limit of valoq. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 657
  I will keep this thread active 

Yes, please.
Looking forward to reading your impressions.
I'm quite happy with Vantam today but I would also consider VALOQ in addition.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #14 of 657
 I just hope I get it before christmas else it will be a long wait. 

More information on salehifi the are actually officially related to venturecraft, they do global shipping (excluding Japan) so great news warranty is on them as they are not a grey market seller. Now if I could find a cheap way to access Ocharaku products.

I also have got a unit of MXH-RF550B, it comes already terminated with the AK 2.5mm TRRS. I love dynamic driver IEM, I could not resist. After all it is Christmas and money for food, who needs that!

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #15 of 657
Originally Posted by audionewbi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also have got a unit of MXH-RF550B, it comes already terminated with the AK 2.5mm TRRS.

Interesting. Is there any review in English?

I am fan of dynamic IEM too. )) Really like R2Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back