Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Jul 18, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #557 of 657
Can you post a link to the makers site please? Thank
smily_headphones1.gif

Here you go , but it just re-direct you to Taobao online shop after click http://www.ufeel.hk/

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #560 of 657
  Probably a stretch, but has anyone compared the Valoq w/ 627SM opamps with the AK380cu?
Trying to decide between the 2 to pair with my incoming MASS-kobo 404.

Saw your post on Fb but can't respond there.  Anyway.  It doesn't matter which amp you have in the Valoq, you are not going to get the sound of the Cu.  The biggest reason being that the Valoq is just not that quiet compare to the Cu, and if you want the AK380, take my advice and just get the original or the black version.  I sold my Cu not just because I didn't use it enough, but the copper casing makes it very hard to handle without making a mess.  Of course there are case options out there, but you just can't avoid touching the copper bits.  Also, take a look at the AK300 too, as it is more closely matched price wise to the Valoq.

Aug 17, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #561 of 657
  Saw your post on Fb but can't respond there.  Anyway.  It doesn't matter which amp you have in the Valoq, you are not going to get the sound of the Cu.  The biggest reason being that the Valoq is just not that quiet compare to the Cu, and if you want the AK380, take my advice and just get the original or the black version.  I sold my Cu not just because I didn't use it enough, but the copper casing makes it very hard to handle without making a mess.  Of course there are case options out there, but you just can't avoid touching the copper bits.  Also, take a look at the AK300 too, as it is more closely matched price wise to the Valoq.

Thanks for the help, could you elaborate a bit more on the SQ differences between the 380 and Valoq?

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #563 of 657
I have the AK380cu and the Valoq 627SM Limited as my portable lineup. While admittedly the design of the Valoq means it's not the most quiet of players, on portable usage especially in noisy cities and subways it doesn't matter much in terms of sound quality really. What's fascinating about it is even with the occasional pops and a tiny bit of background hiss, it sounds even more transparent than the almighty AK380 at times. IMHO SQ-wise the Valoq even paired with lesser Opamp than the 627SM is every bit as competitive as the AK380 or AK380cu (pity the UI are miles behind but that's a tradeoff).

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #564 of 657
Yep, another reason why I sold my Cu as the Valoq is good enough already.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #565 of 657
While I had it I utterly enjoyed the T8iE and Valoq pairing. To be honest I wished Valoq was slightly more brighter but that is a minor issue. Paired with JH Layla it made me want to drop 3K on the JH Layla but I held myself back.

My only issue is perhaps the balance out is not really that much different than the single ended, at least the improvement isn't  as notable for me.

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #566 of 657
  While I had it I utterly enjoyed the T8iE and Valoq pairing. To be honest I wished Valoq was slightly more brighter but that is a minor issue. Paired with JH Layla it made me want to drop 3K on the JH Layla but I held myself back.

My only issue is perhaps the balance out is not really that much different than the single ended, at least the improvement isn't  as notable for me.

Mk1 or Mk2?  I have been seriously considering the TiE8 Mk2 myself, and you may want to try tuning the sound again with another opamp.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #567 of 657
Mk1 or Mk2?  I have been seriously considering the TiE8 Mk2 myself, and you may want to try tuning the sound again with another opamp.

Mk1 died, loved it. Mk2 is what I got as a replacement but it too has developed the same issue.

I really should look into more opamp for Valoq.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #568 of 657
Mk1 died, loved it. Mk2 is what I got as a replacement but it too has developed the same issue.

I really should look into more opamp for Valoq.

Thanks, and for brighter sound, try the LME49860, cheap too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back