Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Jun 8, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #526 of 659

The 7.3mm height is without the pins so I don't see how trimming the pins can make it fit... The cap is to prevent interference and dust so removing the cap will make the DAC prone to RF and EMI or any other noise interference. That's one of the reasons the 627BM that I use now also has the capsule...
We can only hope that Burson could make a smaller in height version...

I read too quick, part of me wants to make this work so bad. 

The easy solution would be a DIY back closure. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #527 of 659
  I read too quick, part of me wants to make this work so bad. 

The easy solution would be a DIY back closure. 

I really wanted this to work too... I almost clicked the purchase button on Paypal when I suddenly thought "wait a minute, is this going to fit"?
Guess I'll have to stick with the already very good 627BM and that's a good thing for my wallet too. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #528 of 659
How things has changed, from a dap that I must try valoq is slowly becoming my most used audio gear. The 627au upgrade made a huge difference. It is just scary to think that opa627BM and SM also exist. 

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #529 of 659
There was comments made before for limited release valoq. What makes this limited valoq special are three things:
  • OPA627SM
  • 200 GB microSD replaces the 8GB
  • Maximum PCM upsampling that the SRC offers, PCM705.6/768k

While the first two are not a big deal that can be done later the last one is partially something that interest me. I do use the SRC feature, to my ears I hear enough difference to use it. For instance the DSD usampling makes the sound more warm whereas the PCM makes the sound more expansive. 

I never upsample the bitdepth as I find it degrades the sound but the freq I set at the max I can, ie if the file is 16/44.1 I use the 16/352 setting. 

Jun 10, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #530 of 659
  There was comments made before for limited release valoq. What makes this limited valoq special are three things:
  • OPA627SM
  • 200 GB microSD replaces the 8GB
  • Maximum PCM upsampling that the SRC offers, PCM705.6/768k

While the first two are not a big deal that can be done later the last one is partially something that interest me. I do use the SRC feature, to my ears I hear enough difference to use it. For instance the DSD usampling makes the sound more warm whereas the PCM makes the sound more expansive. 

I never upsample the bitdepth as I find it degrades the sound but the freq I set at the max I can, ie if the file is 16/44.1 I use the 16/352 setting. 

Do you know if It is hardware or software that provides the upsampling ?

Jun 10, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #531 of 659
  Do you know if It is hardware or software that provides the upsampling ?

The hardware has support, which I guess require to be enabled. It is the same trick AK uses to make different housing AK sound different, they tweak it differently.

Our valoq has the same SRC chip, which technically we can also upsample too but they most likely will not release that version for us. 

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #532 of 659
http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/index.php

New firmware's out. No new user facing features but is said to improve SD card reading and USB connection stability 

Jun 24, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #533 of 659
  http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/index.php

New firmware's out. No new user facing features but is said to improve SD card reading and USB connection stability 

direct link for those finding it hard to locate

http://www.venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/valoq/firmware.php?dlfile_id=16

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #535 of 659
Hey guys during normal usage like turning it off when you are not listening to it and so on.. whats the average battery life you are getting? do you think it'll last a full day of on and off usage? 

Jul 5, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #536 of 659
  Hey guys during normal usage like turning it off when you are not listening to it and so on.. whats the average battery life you are getting? do you think it'll last a full day of on and off usage? 

It's around 4.5 hours with the opa627au, and it sould be around 6.5 - 7 h with the stock op amps.

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #537 of 659
Cheers thanks, i'm looking for an all around dap for personal usage and I recently got put off the idea of carrying a dap with an amp.. this looks pretty cool however i'd love to pictures/videos of it during general use like track selection or user interface. 

Jul 5, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #538 of 659

Play time depends more on what op-amps you use and whether you are using up-conversion and/or playing lossless files. Venturecraft claims 7hrs playback time using stock op-amps playing back CD spec (16bit/44.1kHz) flacs.  

Jul 6, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #539 of 659
Just wondering if anyone had tried to use two different OP at the same time in Valoq ?For example , one is Muse02 and the other is OPA627 ? Thanks to share your experience if any .  

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #540 of 659
Just wondering if anyone had tried to use two different OP at the same time in Valoq ?For example , one is Muse02 and the other is OPA627 ? Thanks to share your experience if any .  

It will basically be one channel sounding clean and the other sounding warmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back