Introducing VentureCraft SounDroid VALOQ [SDP-1]-Impression thread- Check second post for updates
Aug 24, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #571 of 657
  While I had it I utterly enjoyed the T8iE and Valoq pairing. To be honest I wished Valoq was slightly more brighter but that is a minor issue. Paired with JH Layla it made me want to drop 3K on the JH Layla but I held myself back.

My only issue is perhaps the balance out is not really that much different than the single ended, at least the improvement isn't  as notable for me.

The balance out being not much different from the single end is a true blessing. It simply means the single end output is done right and done well - such is definitely the case in the Valoq.

On the contrary on my AK380cu the single end is done pretty much better than the balanced, while with the AK amp the balanced is very noticeably better than the single end. This really should not happen if both the single end and balanced are well done - it is the same player after all.

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #572 of 657

The balance out being not much different from the single end is a true blessing. It simply means the single end output is done right and done well - such is definitely the case in the Valoq.

On the contrary on my AK380cu the single end is done pretty much better than the balanced, while with the AK amp the balanced is very noticeably better than the single end. This really should not happen if both the single end and balanced are well done - it is the same player after all.

Maybe I should sell one of my OPA627SM ..... 
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #574 of 657
  Maybe I should sell one of my OPA627SM ..... 
wink.gif

Maybe you should save it for the gaudy red or banana yellow limited edition Valoq.....
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #576 of 657
  Does anyone know the output impedance of 3.5mm and 2.5mm of valoq?
I could not find in the manual or any website.
Thanks. 

Just heard back from VentureCraft.

"Dear Mr. XXXX

Thank you for your inquiry.

The output impedance is 0.47Ω.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

VentureCraft,Inc.
Support center
2-12-5 showa No.8 Bldg. 4F, Uchikanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-0047
Japan TEL. +81-3-3525-8403 FAX. +81-3-3525-8417
"

Sep 13, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #577 of 657
I was 90% ready to buy a VALOQ this past week- then my phone broke & Sony announced new DAPs, got me all uncertain again.

:confused_face_2:

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #578 of 657
The best pairing I have found so far with valoq is my InEar Stagediver SD2s. I highly recommend this iem, to me it even best the much higher price IEM when it comes to pairing with valoq. 

Sep 14, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #579 of 657
  The best pairing I have found so far with valoq is my InEar Stagediver SD2s. I highly recommend this iem, to me it even best the much higher price IEM when it comes to pairing with valoq. 

I almost exclusively use my Empire Ears Zeus-R and Kumitate Trio with the Valoq. With these I haven't wandered into any head-fi stores for weeks (except receiving my Mojo+AK70 as my no.2 system - Valoq is no.1). Big deal.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #580 of 657
I have not had any issue with paring multiple IEMs - all were performing very well. Exception is some full size cans like Fostex TH-X00 - did not like the pair.
Now Etymotic ER4SR is just perfect. The same story with Phonon - very well.

Sep 15, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #581 of 657

I almost exclusively use my Empire Ears Zeus-R and Kumitate Trio with the Valoq. With these I haven't wandered into any head-fi stores for weeks (except receiving my Mojo+AK70 as my no.2 system - Valoq is no.1). Big deal.

I am also looking into the AK70+Mojo pair myself, and Dignis sells a very nice combo case for it in case you are not aware.

I have not had any issue with paring multiple IEMs - all were performing very well. Exception is some full size cans like Fostex TH-X00 - did not like the pair.
Now Etymotic ER4SR is just perfect. The same story with Phonon - very well.

Same here, but of course all this is subject to what OpAmp you use for the Valoq.

Oct 22, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #584 of 657
Hi. Can anybody tell me if there is a significant difference between opa627au and opa627bm, both original from Venturecraft. Does the upgrade make sense?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back