Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jan 27, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #3,166 of 4,830
  I am trying to decide what to buy - pay a little bit more for the Atlas, and get it soon, or save a bit of money and wait for the revised Delta, which also has more tuning filters than the Atlas.   But then I might have to wait a few weeks.  

For all intents and purposes, they are the same driver configuration, right?

The alternative is I hold out and wait for more info on the Phantom, but it seems like that could be awhile yet... I'm not looking for a high end IEM anyhow.  I have my 1964 V6 customs currently being repaired
frown.gif
, so if the Phantom is 4 driver and gonna cost upwards of 400 GBP, then it's treading on my TOTL terroritory.  

What I am looking for is one that will be rugged, for work.   I broke my V6 customs at work once, so now they are staying at home where they will not get destroyed.   That is why the Atlas looks so compelling...very rugged and of course detachable cables which are still rare in that price category.  Not to mention, it's over-the-ear form factor makes it a little more convenient than the Delta too....but I still want to know more about the Phantom before I pull the trigger; 

Should be the Mantra of Head-Fi "Decisions, Decisions, Decisions". By the way the Delta's can easily be worn over ear
wink_face.gif
If you don't want to spend a lot and you are just looking for an interim iem have you considered the Techne's? Still my overall favorite of the Trinity's of course my Atlas have not made it here yet
bigsmile_face.gif
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #3,167 of 4,830
If I had to choose between the Delta and Atlas I'd get the Atlas... Granted I have no way of comparing it to the Deltav2, but the ergonomics on the Atlas are fantastic imo... Worth the buy for that alone.

Regarding the sound, they'll likely sound different, even with the new tuning options, since the Atlas housing is larger

Jan 27, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #3,168 of 4,830
I've been loving my Atlas headphones during my day to day commutes and workouts at the gym.  They've really propelled my training sessions and made my commutes more enjoyable.

An issue I've been noticing is that the filter and ear tip tend to unscrew themselves from the headphone body.  There have been several occasions where I was wearing one earpiece or had them both out, then I'd hear a small thud on the floor and see the filter with ear tip rolling on the ground.  If I wasn't paying more attention, I surely would have lost it.  No matter how much I tighten them into the body, they'll eventually loosen and fall out.  

Any one else come across this problem? 

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #3,169 of 4,830
  I've been loving my Atlas headphones during my day to day commutes and workouts at the gym.  They've really propelled my training sessions and made my commutes more enjoyable.

An issue I've been noticing is that the filter and ear tip tend to unscrew themselves from the headphone body.  There have been several occasions where I was wearing one earpiece or had them both out, then I'd hear a small thud on the floor and see the filter with ear tip rolling on the ground.  If I wasn't paying more attention, I surely would have lost it.  No matter how much I tighten them into the body, they'll eventually loosen and fall out.  

If you don't change filters often (I found the one I like and I just left it in), you can always use some loctite on the filter threads.  You don't need much and be sure to let it "cure" for 24 hours before use and you should be good.  I've done it in the past on metal/metal type connections and while it's not permanent, it adds quite a bit of resistance, which is what you need.

If you change filters often based on the music you're listening to, this isn't an option though because you've gotta work pretty hard to remove anything that's been loctite'd.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #3,170 of 4,830

An issue I've been noticing is that the filter and ear tip tend to unscrew themselves from the headphone body. 

Yes but I've found now that the tips I use make a great deal of difference.  I know this sounds counter intuitive but with the medium supplied silicon tips it was a problem but with these wide bore aftermarket tips it hasn't been.  I suspect it's because the bell or shroud of the aftermarket tips is so much closer to the body of the Techne and may be touching when inserted in my ear canal inhibiting the filter loosening.  At least thats my guess but regardless the loosening stopped when using these tips.

I don't know their make or model as they were included in a "care package" of a variety of medium and small tips to get me started on tip rolling.  I do know that they appear to be the same ones advocated by 1clearhead here http://www.head-fi.org/t/780859/rock-zircon-mula-iem-impressions-thread/195 .

Jan 27, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #3,171 of 4,830
so, Bob, as per your reply ('not exactly in the same category are they?')
that begs the question, when comparing your line to to the FLC 8S or Dunu 2000J:

is the phantom series designed to be a major step up to be able to compete sonically
against the shure 535 or FLC 8S, westone W4 etc or similarly priced products?
the phantom series sure do sound like some pretty exciting iems (actually your whole line
does, so kudos on what you've done).

to be sure, we so live in a great age of portable music with so many improved daps and iems coming out each yr.
feels almost like a bit of a renaissance is happening in this area.

Originally Posted by audio123 

Wait till u try FLC8s

Not exactly in the same price category are they 
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,172 of 4,830
Everybody who wants a BT cable on their Delta V2's.... get ready to put in your pre-order :)

Bob confirmed (via email) to me that the upcoming BT cable for the Atlas will be compatible to the Delta V2....!
That's why I immediately pre-ordered the V2's.

(And that all to a little tip of 2Dutch on another forum!)

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #3,174 of 4,830
  I am trying to decide what to buy - pay a little bit more for the Atlas, and get it soon, or save a bit of money and wait for the revised Delta, which also has more tuning filters than the Atlas.   But then I might have to wait a few weeks.  

The alternative is I hold out and wait for more info on the Phantom, but it seems like that could be awhile yet... I'm not looking for a high end IEM anyhow.  I have my 1964 V6 customs currently being repaired
frown.gif
, so if the Phantom is 4 driver and gonna cost upwards of 400 GBP, then it's treading on my TOTL terroritory.  

What I am looking for is one that will be rugged, for work.   I broke my V6 customs at work once, so now they are staying at home where they will not get destroyed.   That is why the Atlas looks so compelling...very rugged and of course detachable cables which are still rare in that price category.  Not to mention, it's over-the-ear form factor makes it a little more convenient than the Delta too....but I still want to know more about the Phantom before I pull the trigger; 

More info coming really soon is all I can say for now..... well wait until Monday at the latest 
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #3,175 of 4,830

Not exactly in the same price category are they 
wink.gif

The Phantom series is aimed squarely at the high end audio market, but as always to the price tag.

The Multi drive phantoms will be a big leap from our current range.

We are doing things in ways that no others are doing and will reveal more really soon :)

Jan 28, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #3,176 of 4,830

frown.gif

Such tough decisions to make. Well I know I'm not helping and Bob is promising a few more details later, but the Phantoms might be quite tempting and may very well give your V6 a run for money. So what if you could get the ruggedness that all Trinity IEMs seem to possess combined with sound nearly on par with or even surpassing what you get with your 1964 Ears V6? And in an IEM that you can comfortably use at work with worrying about breaking it? Cuz Phantom Pure is slated to have 6 BAs (just like your V6) with 7 tuning filters and I think Bob is aiming for somewhere around the 250 GBP price range based on how the rest of the IEMs he's made have been priced so far. With the Delta at under 100 GBP and the Atlas being Trinity's current high-end offering at 150 GBP, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Phantom Pure and Bass coming in at about 250 GBP. Bob has been known to make IEMs with some ridiculous price/perfomance ratios.

Jan 28, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #3,179 of 4,830
It's a cable with a built in bluetooth receiver and battery.  I haven't seen the finished product - but basically you'll connect your IEMs to a single short cable (no jacks).  You'll then connect via bluetooth.  Basically its a way to turn any mmcx connected IEM into wireless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back