Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Feb 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #3,196 of 4,830
Just ordered my Atlas after being completely satisfied w/ the Deltas for the past few months.  I really prefer headphones that go over the ear for running and working out, so these should be perfect.  Pair that with the awesome Head Fi discount and the trade in deal for the Deltas, and us Trinity Audio fans are getting a hell of a deal.  I expect big things!

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #3,197 of 4,830
both those deltas and atlas iems look sweet

anyone listened to both?

and are the atlas a step up from the deltas, fit and sound quality wise?

reason i ask is that i just got in the sony mdr7550 iems (love the more balanced sound:
punchy deep bass when need be but it doesn't overwhelm the mids or treble).

but for being truly portable with a good seal, ah, not so much (worse yet is one
of my ear canals is tougher to plug than the other)...the sony frankenbolt design
isn't exactly a really fluid fitting design, either.

so ...hopefully i can purchase my first pair of trinitys.

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #3,198 of 4,830
  both those deltas and atlas iems look sweet

anyone listened to both?

and are the atlas a step up from the deltas, fit and sound quality wise?

reason i ask is that i just got in the sony mdr7550 iems (love the more balanced sound:
punchy deep bass when need be but it doesn't overwhelm the mids or treble).

but for being truly portable with a good seal, ah, not so much (worse yet is one
of my ear canals is tougher to plug than the other)...the sony frankenbolt design
isn't exactly a really fluid fitting design, either.

so ...hopefully i can purchase my first pair of trinitys.

Yep - I have both.  The are both really good - but TBH I'm going to buck the trend and say that I actually like the Deltas a little more (they were my first love from the Trinity line.  I love what Bob did with the bass on the Atlas though - much more refined and less boomy.

As far as fit goes, the Atals definitely more ergonomic - but I prefer a slightly deeper fit, so my preference is the Delta - but I think most people will gravitate to the Atlas.  Really speaking you can't go wrong with either - but for me, I'm arranging to buy the new Delta when it comes in stock. 

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #3,199 of 4,830

Yep - I have both.  The are both really good - but TBH I'm going to buck the trend and say that I actually like the Deltas a little more (they were my first love from the Trinity line.  I love what Bob did with the bass on the Atlas though - much more refined and less boomy.

As far as fit goes, the Atals definitely more ergonomic - but I prefer a slightly deeper fit, so my preference is the Delta - but I think most people will gravitate to the Atlas.  Really speaking you can't go wrong with either - but for me, I'm arranging to buy the new Delta when it comes in stock. 

did you get a chance to  try the Delta V2? wondering how you contrast them. 

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #3,200 of 4,830

thanks...and i do think bob said with the soon to be released delta hybrid ii, that the bass has been tightened up.
and also i prefer a deeper fit....so maybe it is to be the newer deltas...

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #3,201 of 4,830
  did you get a chance to  try the Delta V2? wondering how you contrast them. 

Not ready until later in Feb - but I've already arranged to buy a pair from Bob - so I'll review them when I eventually get them :)

thanks...and i do think bob said with the soon to be released delta hybrid ii, that the bass has been tightened up.
and also i prefer a deeper fit....so maybe it is to be the newer deltas...

Yep - that's what I'm going for.

Should have the prototype Phantom Sabre in another week.  Really looking forward to that.  Bob seems quite taken with, and he and I share similar tastes so I'm looking for ward to being blown away.

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #3,202 of 4,830

Not ready until later in Feb - but I've already arranged to buy a pair from Bob - so I'll review them when I eventually get them :)

Yep - that's what I'm going for.

Should have the prototype Phantom Sabre in another week.  Really looking forward to that.  Bob seems quite taken with, and he and I share similar tastes so I'm looking for ward to being blown away.

looking forward to your review of them. the tighter bass would be really good improvement to it. and of course the 4 additional filters. 

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #3,203 of 4,830
  Just ordered my Atlas after being completely satisfied w/ the Deltas for the past few months.  I really prefer headphones that go over the ear for running and working out, so these should be perfect.  Pair that with the awesome Head Fi discount and the trade in deal for the Deltas, and us Trinity Audio fans are getting a hell of a deal.  I expect big things!

wait so you can use the discount along with the delta trade in? that means it will be much cheaper than the kickstater one then wth

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #3,204 of 4,830
  wait so you can use the discount along with the delta trade in? that means it will be much cheaper than the kickstater one then wth

The point of the trade in is to get people to shell out more money to the company...and they can go and resell your trade in.  So presuming you already purchased and own the Deltas, it's a way to get you to buy into their more expensive products since most people didn't know about the Atlas when they purchased the Delta.

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #3,205 of 4,830

The point of the trade in is to get people to shell out more money to the company...and they can go and resell your trade in.  So presuming you already purchased and own the Deltas, it's a way to get you to buy into their more expensive products since most people didn't know about the Atlas when they purchased the Delta.

yeah but getting another 30% discount in addition to the trade in i think thats absurd. i purchased my atlas from KS and this makes me doesnt want to buy it from ks anymore then if people starts on buying it on much lower price than on ks, i can still justfiy if bob allow either the head fi member or the trade in but if both? makes me doesnt want to buy it from ks anymore then

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #3,206 of 4,830
  yeah but getting another 30% discount in addition to the trade in i think thats absurd. i purchased my atlas from KS and this makes me doesnt want to buy it from ks anymore then if people starts on buying it on much lower price than on ks, i can still justfiy if bob allow either the head fi member or the trade in but if both? makes me doesnt want to buy it from ks anymore then

You don't get to trade in the Delta BEFORE you buy the Atlas, you literally have to buy the Atlas...once you receive it, you decide if you want to basically sell your Delta to Trinity.  I can turn around and sell the Delta on eBay or to someone here for about the same price (if you include the cost of me shipping the Delta to the UK from the US)...so what's the difference?  The advantage from Trinity's point of view is that they can then go and resell the Delta and make a few dollars as a refurb or whatever.  Plus it's goodwill to the customers.  

Not quite sure what it has to do with KS...because you, as a KS backer, can now go and turn in your KS pair for the Phantom or whatever comes out in the future from Trinity.  I don't see what your complaint is?

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #3,207 of 4,830

You don't get to trade in the Delta BEFORE you buy the Atlas, you literally have to buy the Atlas...once you receive it, you decide if you want to basically sell your Delta to Trinity.  I can turn around and sell the Delta on eBay or to someone here for about the same price (if you include the cost of me shipping the Delta to the UK from the US)...so what's the difference?  The advantage from Trinity's point of view is that they can then go and resell the Delta and make a few dollars as a refurb or whatever.  Plus it's goodwill to the customers.  

Not quite sure what it has to do with KS...because you, as a KS backer, can now go and turn in your KS pair for the Phantom or whatever comes out in the future from Trinity.  I don't see what your complaint is?

What i am trying to say is i'd rather do what you just did rather than bought it from their ks campaign because i have actually bought delta from first campaign. So once i get the atlas im not sure if i still want to keep the delta which makes this trade in program seems to be a better option for me ( if i had known this before buying it from ks). 

Feb 2, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #3,208 of 4,830
I'm sure, since you already purchased the Atlas, you'll be able to trade in your Delta and get the money for them!  Or sell them...it doesn't matter.  You can recoup money either way. Just PM Bob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back