Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 29, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #2,686 of 4,830

The other thing is though that the creative process is all about revisions. You're never really done with a product, there's always some room for improvement which I'm sure Bob is well aware of. It seems to me the idea behind this entire Trinity Audio Engineering project is to buck trends in every way possible. Pricing lower than the tradition brands. Build quality better than others at every price point. If you think about another thing he's striking at, it's that the established companies put out their IEMs, but they run for many years as that same IEM even when they and others know what the flaws are and know how to fix them. Bob, being the trend-bucker, is exploring the idea of "we know what to tweak right now, so why not tweak it right now?" It makes sense to start putting out a better product when you can, not holding those tweaks back for a couple years before releasing. That results in the best representation of the company's ability being in the hands of consumers at all times, not once every few years. I swear, it seems like if Bob could do over-the-air updates the way Tesla does with their cars, he would. Hence why I'm always surprise like I am above about how quickly plans are moving along, it really is going by quickly. Make no mistake though, we aren't guinea pigs, that's left up to the few he's chosen to test the prototypes for him
etysmile.gif

I understand and admire the vocation towards improvement. But, as a customer, it does make me feel like I should have waited, if a revision comes up so quickly after the product is released, or an update. If I hadn't bought the Delta's, I'd hold on for a little bit and buy the tweaked version, which would have also come with the gold filters included. 

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #2,687 of 4,830

I understand and admire the vocation towards improvement. But, as a customer, it does make me feel like I should have waited, if a revision comes up so quickly after the product is released, or an update. If I hadn't bought the Delta's, I'd hold on for a little bit and buy the tweaked version, which would have also come with the gold filters included. 

I have a similar feeling to you, especially when the Atlas was announced a week after I received my Delta lol. But I'll attribute it to the breakneck that @Bobtrinity is cranking out new stuff. Shows that he has vision at the very least. I've been in this line so I know that it's a choice to make, to develope and max out a current product or just ignore it and let a new one supersede it. I'm glad Trinity is doing both and most importantly letting us know about the changes. I do wish there was a little bit of a breather so that we can recover from our buyers remorse lol but being a small new company, I know they need to sprint or risk being left behind. Every day with less sales means more overheads that aren't getting recouped. It's a peculiar sort of place to be. 
redface.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #2,688 of 4,830
Just remember that the Delta and Atlas are different earphones, so one is not an upgrade over the other.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bob does with the Phantoms - but for me personally the Delta is still at the pinnacle for my preferences (and I do like both Atlas and Helios).

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #2,689 of 4,830
  Just remember that the Delta and Atlas are different earphones, so one is not an upgrade over the other.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bob does with the Phantoms - but for me personally the Delta is still at the pinnacle for my preferences (and I do like both Atlas and Helios).

cool.gif
Agreed. Especially with those new GOLD filters, it just stepped up a notch. I love the Gunmetal but the Bass can be a tad too much for some material. The Golds are I think, a much flatter EQ at least to my ears...

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:53 PM Post #2,690 of 4,830

True. I was simply looking based on the fact that the Atlas has a similar config with more features and better tuned bass driver. 
redface.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:36 PM Post #2,691 of 4,830
Totally second a trade-up program. (Though the actual implementation will be sticky..)

Yeah... Not sure that even makes sense for a business and this kind of product, I just wanted to put the idea out there, just in case. :)

I definitely don't feel like a guinea pig or anything like that, as others may feel... I use my Deltas every day and I love em. I wouldn't have waited for a newer revision or anything like that. I was an early Kickstarter so maybe My mindset is different...

As a consumer if you invest an obvious innovator (like Trinity), change is going to be quick and often and should be expected to some degree... I think it's part of the reason that makes them great and necessary.

I see these incremental tweaks and changes just as part of the improvement process, and show forward momentum. If the original Delta hadn't been purchased by people because they wanted to wait for the potential revised version, there would be no revised version, or maybe no Atlas... Right? :wink:

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #2,692 of 4,830
Even if an improved Delta came out next week, I'd not be complaining. I've had mine for months; I paid knowing that a) they'd get cheaper over time, and b) there would be competition whether it be an updated version, newer Trinity products, or the cool stuff all those other people are making too.

Its shouldn't be all on the consumer to judge or guess about future products; ideally they get good notice of new products or updates, but you can't fault Bob there. He's just given at least several months notice for a Delta refresh. If you want to wait, all power to you. I could have waited for the Atlas which fits one my main uses for IEMs perfectly, but then I wouldn't have anything like the Deltas now or for likely a couple more months. To me, its worth having them now even if they don't get used as often in the future. 

Few products are ever truly finished or as good as they could possibly be, and everything becomes obsolete in time. We all know this. I think if you're not happy with something based on anticipation of the future, you're not actually happy with it right now, which is entirely fair - but I don't think complaining about the future is.

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #2,693 of 4,830
I've had bad luck with my headset.... The first ones had no bass at all and none working filters but the amazing support sent me a new one without me needing to return the older ones, after I got my new ones they had bass but where a terrible match with the tera player, the highs shouted at my ears and the trable was horrefaing

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #2,694 of 4,830
What is the output impedance on the Terra?  Which Trinity earphones did you buy?

Oct 30, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #2,696 of 4,830
Hmmm - Delta is only 16 ohm, so if it is impedance sensitive, that could be the root of your problem.  Damping factor would indicate preferable DAP output impedance of around 2 ohm. Can you try a player with a low OI, and see if impressions change?  If they don't, then it may be that you just like a much darker earphone.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #2,699 of 4,830
Just wanted to use this thread to thank Bob for his awesome support.

My new Deltas came yesterday, and in one of the earphones the driver was not glued to the housing.

He promptly sent me a new pair today , and even though I offered to send the defective ones to him, he said it was not necessary.

So kudos to you Bob, and a big thank you again for your help :) !

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #2,700 of 4,830
You're talking about the Altmann Tera Player? To my understanding: the general rule is that you want headphones/IEMs with an impedance of at least 8x the output impedance (to avoid bass roll-off, at the very least)... so for the Tera, phones with 80+ impedance are ideal... the Delta is only 16ohms...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back