Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 31, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #2,716 of 4,830
Strangly enough I find the gun metal (with tape and needle hole) less dull than the gold (with tape and needle hole).

Yes, King Henrik
wink.gif

I'm not sure what you're asking. What I find neutral and what I enjoy is not necessarily the same thing but it feels as if that's what you assume.

I enjoy quite a few different signatures. Pretty much the only thing I don't enjoy is boomy mid-bass. It's also quite obvious to me after trying an extensive number of ear- and headphones that there's some frequencies in the mid-bass that bothers me more than other. I really like a good subbas impact and mid-bass presence as long as the quality of the bass is good.

To try to answer your questions:

1. My favorite full sized are the Fidelio X2 and Grado SR325is

2. As I've already written here before I don't like the gun metal filter either with the vents fully taped (to little bass and unengaging for me) but with a small needle hole in the tape the bass quantity is pretty perfect for my preference.

3. I don't have to many (if any) headphones that I'd call neutral but the Q701's and Brainwavz HM5 are probably the closest opened/closed among the ones I've got.

My top three IEM's (among those I own) are the Havi B3, VE Duke and ATH-CKR9. The only one of those I'd call fairly neutral is the B3's. I enjoy all of thr CKR9, CKR9LTD and CKR10 quite a lot and I don't think anyone would call them either neutral nor bass light. The CKR9 has the best bass I've ever heard in a IEM if that's any indication for you.

If you're more interested in my preferences you can also check out my reviews. Comparing some of them to some others of the same product should give a pretty good indication.

Yes, sorry about the assumption. I was assuming you preferred neutral. I have heard the x2 and liked it a lot.

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #2,717 of 4,830
Yes, sorry about the assumption. I was assuming you preferred neutral. I have heard the x2 and liked it a lot.

No worries, I just wanted to make clear that that isn't the case :wink:

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2,718 of 4,830
I have not heard the x2 in a few months, but from memory the gunmetals remind me of it. Obviously my memory is wrong as you don't like the gunmetal and do like the x2 - correct?

Oct 31, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #2,719 of 4,830
I have not heard the x2 in a few months, but from memory the gunmetals remind me of it. Obviously my memory is wrong as you don't like the gunmetal and do like the x2 - correct?

I'm not really comfortable comparing a $300 open headphone to a $90 IEM.

If you enjoy the Delta's (as I do also once modded) that's really all that matters.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #2,721 of 4,830
cool.gif
You guys must be some SERIOUS Bassheads.
biggrin.gif
Modded or Unmodded the Gunmetal filters are almost over the Top with Bass, at least to my ears. I'm really liking the Gold filter unmodded. It really gives an audiophile EQ quality to the Deltas sound.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 31, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #2,722 of 4,830
:cool: You guys must be some SERIOUS Bassheads. :D Modded or Unmodded the Gunmetal filters are almost over the Top with Bass, at least to my ears. I'm really liking the Gold filter unmodded. It really gives an audiophile EQ quality to the Deltas sound.

JMHO

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Hi TWIN, to my ears the bass on the modded gunmmetal and unmodded gold filters is very similar:)

Oct 31, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #2,723 of 4,830
:cool: You guys must be some SERIOUS Bassheads. :D Modded or Unmodded the Gunmetal filters are almost over the Top with Bass, at least to my ears. I'm really liking the Gold filter unmodded. It really gives an audiophile EQ quality to the Deltas sound.

JMHO

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

OK, so I think you are right. I live in a very noisy house and the deltas don't seem to isolate well. I think this has seriously skewed my impressions. Found a dark corner tonight and I agree the gunmetal are boomy, and bass heavy to the point of affecting the mids. The gold is much more neutral, with proper bass that does not affect the mids. I do prefer the golds. However, if my noisy house I think the bass is drowning out due to poor isolation.

Also, while I really like the deltas with gold for jazz and classical, they don't feel very full with Rock and pop. However, maybe I am just used to an overly thick sound and I need to get used to the more neutral presentation of the golds.

Sorry guys for posting impressions really prematurely.

Oct 31, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #2,724 of 4,830

cool.gif
You guys must be some SERIOUS Bassheads.
biggrin.gif
Modded or Unmodded the Gunmetal filters are almost over the Top with Bass, at least to my ears. I'm really liking the Gold filter unmodded. It really gives an audiophile EQ quality to the Deltas sound.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Then again, I find it makes the midrange to high transition a bit less refined, and the treble presentation a bit too forward for my tastes.

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #2,728 of 4,830
  What tips do you guys use for the techne? I find single flange very hard to get a fit. While the provided double flange seems a little too slippery kind of feel. It falls off my ear really easily. :S

Any answer you could get for this is irrelevant; you have to find something that fits yourself. Unless you can give us a reference for something that fits. It's no different than asking what size jeans someone uses. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back