Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 28, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #2,656 of 4,830
ah, I thought the alcohol/swab principle would be fine for the filters..
Maybe Bob should insert a "how to clean" section in a FAQ on the site or something :wink: Wouldn't want to ruin a filter due to "agressive cleaning" :D  

Good idea, although cleaning instructions are in the main instruction leaflet.

Best way is to just gently move them around in some warm soapy water. Dont use any brushes on the gunmetal filter membranes. Just the gentle movement of the warm water should remove anything unwanted.

Oct 28, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #2,657 of 4,830

Best way is to just gently move them around in some warm soapy water. Dont use any brushes on the gunmetal filter membranes. Just the gentle movement of the warm water should remove anything unwanted.

Thx Bob. I must admit I left those leaflets in the packaging and those are stacked somewhere in a corner of my attic
biggrin.gif

Nowadays I am used to FAQ's and downloadable instructions (pdf) on websites.
Also handy for folks that have the special ability to "misplace" stuff all the time
wink.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #2,658 of 4,830

Think I've read hydrogen peroxide can remove earwax. Never tried it myself though

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,660 of 4,830
Got the deltas last night. Quick listening so far I enjoy the gunmetal more than the gold. I do see why you guys prefer the bass on the gold, but it is a bit to bass light to my ears for a neutral spectrum. The gunmetal sound more neutral to me, though I agree the bass can approach boomy at times, but I don't think I have heard boomy/bleeding bass yet. Timbre and tone seems pretty good so my ears, better than the Havis anyway. Only concern with the sound so far is the top end which can get harsh at times, especially with poorly recorded music. For example, Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, the brightness levels of this recording pretty much blend together at times into a somewhat piercing result. Anyone else experience this? 

To contrast, The Samurai of Prog - 'The Imperial Hotel' sounds really nice on the deltas. No harsh top end and the tone/timbre seem spot on to me. The Havis (which is typically compared to the deltas) I always found has a funny (maybe metallic) sound to cymbals and drums in this recording - I think the deltas make stuff sound right!

So far I am enjoying the deltas and hoping maybe some burn in will smooth out the top end a bit.

Edited to add more comparisons.

Oct 29, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #2,661 of 4,830
The gunmetal sound more neutral to me, though I agree the bass can approach boomy at times, but I don't think I have heard boomy/bleeding bass yet. Timbre and tone seems pretty good so my ears, better than the Havis anyway. Only concern with the sound so far is the top end which can get harsh at times, especially with poorly recorded music. For example, Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, the brightness levels of this recording pretty much blend together at times into a somewhat piercing result. Anyone else experience this? 

I was delighted at how different the Deltas sound after 20 hours burn in - any harshness just dissolves away into wonderfully buttery smooth sparkly highs. Mine have had a good 80 hours on them now and tbh I can't fault them :)

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #2,662 of 4,830
  Got the deltas last night. Quick listening so far I enjoy the gunmetal more than the gold. I do see why you guys prefer the bass on the gold, but it is a bit to bass light to my ears for a neutral spectrum. The gunmetal sound more neutral to me, though I agree the bass can approach boomy at times, but I don't think I have heard boomy/bleeding bass yet. Timbre and tone seems pretty good so my ears, better than the Havis anyway. Only concern with the sound so far is the top end which can get harsh at times, especially with poorly recorded music. For example, Smashing Pumpkins Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, the brightness levels of this recording pretty much blend together at times into a somewhat piercing result. Anyone else experience this? 

To contrast, The Samurai of Prog - 'The Imperial Hotel' sounds really nice on the deltas. No harsh top end and the tone/timbre seem spot on to me. The Havis (which is typically compared to the deltas) I always found has a funny (maybe metallic) sound to cymbals and drums in this recording - I think the deltas make stuff sound right!

So far I am enjoying the deltas and hoping maybe some burn in will smooth out the top end a bit.

Edited to add more comparisons.

Just goes to show everyone has a different idea of neutral. I personally don't consider the Delta's neutral (with gunmetals) since there's a little too much bass and not enough mids to fit my definition of neutral, but it's certainly an enjoyable sound.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #2,663 of 4,830

Just goes to show everyone has a different idea of neutral. I personally don't consider the Delta's neutral (with gunmetals) since there's a little too much bass and not enough mids to fit my definition of neutral, but it's certainly an enjoyable sound.

Ya, it's a bit of a moving target lol....

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #2,665 of 4,830
bavinck Ostry blue tips (OS100) and spinfits helped tame the highs on mine a little more.

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,668 of 4,830
  Just a passing thought: I hope the next version of the Hyperion has a smoother treble.  Thank-you in advance for moving the mids forward.

Feeling the spike? Cuz it's not as noticeable to me if I've been listening to it for a while, but if I'm switching other from most of my other IEMs, the treble does feel sharp. I'd be happy with more mids and smoothing out the top end a little bit, though I do really like the bass it puts out for EDM listening. And I dunno if anyone else feels it, but the treble seems a bit thin, maybe just an effect of not having enough mids to bolster?

Oct 29, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #2,669 of 4,830

Feeling the spike? Cuz it's not as noticeable to me if I've been listening to it for a while, but if I'm switching other from most of my other IEMs, the treble does feel sharp. I'd be happy with more mids and smoothing out the top end a little bit, though I do really like the bass it puts out for EDM listening. And I dunno if anyone else feels it, but the treble seems a bit thin, maybe just an effect of not having enough mids to bolster?

Yep, feeling the spike.  I know the Deltas and Hyperions were tuned with the help of Head-fi folk with deservedly great reputations but I think they like a brighter/brassier signature than I do.

I love the form factor of the Hyperion and I'm hoping the next version will be a l'il closer to a sound signature I can live with than the current version.  Of course this is just my subjective desire; for many the sound signature might be bang-on already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back