Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 26, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #2,641 of 4,830
Hey guys , could you help me with this?

What filters does it come with the Deltas ?

I have seen purple, silver, gun metal and golden, the first 3 come with the Deltas, and the golden you have to pay for it?

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #2,642 of 4,830

cool.gif
Cool, another pair of ears. Peter let me know if my assessment is correct or if my old ears decieve....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I'd agree with your opinion. The gold definitely cut down on the boom as it were. The bass is still there, just not as dominant - an maybe not quite as extended. For the first time with the Delta I can use the bass boost on my e12a - sounds way good
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #2,644 of 4,830
Oct 26, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #2,645 of 4,830
Yeah thats right, but isn't there a vent in the nozzle also ?

There is, but to my knowledge, its use is more for fine-tuning the sound (part of how you get the different filters) than for getting air to the dynamic driver. The vent on the back is what's mainly used for that in addition to altering the sound characteristics.

Oct 26, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #2,646 of 4,830
Covering the rear port on the main housing wont cause a problem with the iem but it will cause increased pressure inside the ear canal which is never a good thing. This is only a bigger problem on dynamics due to the volume of air moved and almost a non issue on BA driven iems as long as used at sensible volumes.

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #2,647 of 4,830
  I'd agree with your opinion. The gold definitely cut down on the boom as it were. The bass is still there, just not as dominant - an maybe not quite as extended. For the first time with the Delta I can use the bass boost on my e12a - sounds way good
biggrin.gif

can you comment on purple filter with bass boost in comparison? i haven't bought the gold one yet. just interested to know about the boomy part.

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #2,648 of 4,830
  can you comment on purple filter with bass boost in comparison? i haven't bought the gold one yet. just interested to know about the boomy part.

Only listened to the purple one for a minute. I don't think the boost of the e12a would be enough
wink_face.gif

The gold aren't in anyway boomy - that was referring to the gunmetal.

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #2,650 of 4,830
  Only listened to the purple one for a minute. I don't think the boost of the e12a would be enough
wink_face.gif

The gold aren't in anyway boomy - that was referring to the gunmetal.

yeah, was referring to the gunmetal one for the boomy bass. i do actually quite enjoy the purple one with bass elevated with spinfit tips. just wondering about the gold filters. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #2,651 of 4,830
  Is it ok to wash the filter or soak it in water? My delta gun metal filter seems to have some ear wax, can't scrap it out.

Saw this one a while back, seems like a decent guide: http://cleanmyspace.com/how-to-clean-earbuds
Maybe an old toothbrush and Q-tip/cotton swab will help a lot too, but you'll need to brush towards the edges and try not to push the wax through the membrane though..

Oct 27, 2015 at 5:12 AM Post #2,652 of 4,830
I've gotta say that with the vents taped with a small hole in it and paired with the DACport Slim these sounds really really nice.

It's been a long journey for me but this morning I finally managed to get that special moment with the Delta's. Now I can't wait for those gold filters to arrive 
gs1000.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #2,653 of 4,830
I've gotta say that with the vents taped with a small hole in it and paired with the DACport Slim these sounds really really nice.

It's been a long journey for me but this morning I finally managed to get that special moment with the Delta's. Now I can't wait for those gold filters to arrive :gs1000smile:  

Let us know your impressions when they do! I love the stock gunfilter sound.

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #2,654 of 4,830

Saw this one a while back, seems like a decent guide: http://cleanmyspace.com/how-to-clean-earbuds
Maybe an old toothbrush and Q-tip/cotton swab will help a lot too, but you'll need to brush towards the edges and try not to push the wax through the membrane though..

Well I'm talking about the filter as I am worried I might broke the filter that's why I ask.
biggrin.gif
 Anyway,Thanks.

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #2,655 of 4,830

Well I'm talking about the filter as I am worried I might broke the filter that's why I ask.
biggrin.gif
 Anyway,Thanks.

ah, I thought the alcohol/swab principle would be fine for the filters..
Maybe Bob should insert a "how to clean" section in a FAQ on the site or something
wink.gif
Wouldn't want to ruin a filter due to "agressive cleaning"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back