Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 25, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #1,846 of 4,830
  Do you know what would be the ultimate mod for HYPERION?

introducing.. Hyberion 
smily_headphones1.gif

One can only dream right?

So you meant the Delta with detachable cables and minus the over priced TWFK drivers? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,847 of 4,830

So you meant the Delta with detachable cables and minus the over priced TWFK drivers? 
biggrin.gif

Should probably have a nicer toothpick tip, like maybe a mahogany or teak? You could experiment with the results of different wood types
biggrin.gif
The ADEL modules are just way too big for any of the models, no way they could possibly fit.

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #1,848 of 4,830
BTW, if any of you are also backing the sports IEMs and have a Delta from the first campaign, Bob mentioned he would include the extra filter for the Delta in the package for the new campaign if you remind him rather than sending it separately. That is, if you can stand the wait for it. 

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,849 of 4,830
[COLOR=FF0000]Do you know what would be the ultimate mod for[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]HYPERION[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=FF0000]introducing..[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]Hyberion [/COLOR]:)

One can only dream right?
Nice design.

I would go with a Titanium diaphragm for the dynamic and something other than tfwk armature drivers. Tfwk usually has too much top end to be "perfect" IMHO.

I might be a black sheep when I say this, but I really like the sound of hybrids that use a single armature as opposed to dual. In general from what I've heard it often times ends up being a more fatigue free listening experience.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #1,850 of 4,830
Nice design.

I would go with a Titanium diaphragm for the dynamic and something other than tfwk armature drivers. Tfwk usually has too much top end to be "perfect" IMHO.

I might be a black sheep when I say this, but I really like the sound of hybrids that use a single armature as opposed to dual. In general from what I've heard it often times ends up being a more fatigue free listening experience.

I only have the Delta, A83, and 1Plus2 to go off of in terms of this comparison, but I think I agree, at least in the case of the 3 IEMs I've had a chance to listen to. The A83 and 1Plus2 can cause fatigue from the upper treble for me after a period of time, even if they're perfectly comfortable (which both miss the mark for me due to my small ears). The Delta continues to be a great IEM to me right now though, especially since I'm finally getting some listening time with it that isn't in the EDM sphere lol.

On a different note, the wiring for my left side (blue) on my Deltas are longer than the right side. Not saying it's really a problem, just an observation I was curious if anyone else experienced. Also, I've noted that my Hyperion's left side wiring out of the shell seemed to have been crimped slightly and resulted in a tiny amount of wear, enough to see a small sliver of green wire. This is definitely nowhere near as bad as what @eric0531 experienced with his set of Deltas, but I just wanted to mention it anyway. The overall build is still very good and my wire sheathing isn't pulling out like his, just noting that spot can be subjected to some rigors and could be a future spot for Bob and his team to check during QC. Honestly, if the Hyperions broke, I'd probably just buy them again off Amazon when they were restocked
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #1,851 of 4,830
There is only little talk about Techne yet. Can anyone compare Hyperion to Techne?

It would be perfect if someone could post a FR regarding to toothpick, blu-tack modded and stock Hyperion btw. I wonder how the results are gonna be 
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #1,852 of 4,830
Nice design.

+1000000000!

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,853 of 4,830
I only have the Delta, A83, and 1Plus2 to go off of in terms of this comparison, but I think I agree, at least in the case of the 3 IEMs I've had a chance to listen to. The A83 and 1Plus2 can cause fatigue from the upper treble for me after a period of time, even if they're perfectly comfortable (which both miss the mark for me due to my small ears). The Delta continues to be a great IEM to me right now though, especially since I'm finally getting some listening time with it that isn't in the EDM sphere lol.

On a different note, the wiring for my left side (blue) on my Deltas are longer than the right side. Not saying it's really a problem, just an observation I was curious if anyone else experienced. Also, I've noted that my Hyperion's left side wiring out of the shell seemed to have been crimped slightly and resulted in a tiny amount of wear, enough to see a small sliver of green wire. This is definitely nowhere near as bad as what @eric0531
experienced with his set of Deltas, but I just wanted to mention it anyway. The overall build is still very good and my wire sheathing isn't pulling out like his, just noting that spot can be subjected to some rigors and could be a future spot for Bob and his team to check during QC. Honestly, if the Hyperions broke, I'd probably just buy them again off Amazon when they were restocked :p

If you have a failure or fault get in touch. That's what warranty is for :D

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #1,854 of 4,830
If you have a failure or fault get in touch. That's what warranty is for
biggrin.gif

Well noted. I'm just too into my Hyperions to send them in unless they were broken. If they broke before the warranty period (which is like what, 1 year?) then I'll contact you guys, but if it breaks outside of warranty, then I'll just buy another set. Pretty much a win-win really; you get more business and I get to continue enjoying my music
biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,855 of 4,830
biggrin.gif

Yes, but "HybriDelta" doesn't sound as sexy... 
wink_face.gif

Nice design.

I like the dual armature drivers of the DN-2000 but the "J" went way over the top.  As long as a single armature can provide the frequency range and power I guess I can live with it, but I really would like to see one driver support mids and one support treble (just not "ear-bleeding")...
wink_face.gif

Not to sound like a wet blanket on the Deltas, but using the gunmetal filters, I'm not hearing the mids and treble that other Delta owners have reported.  They actually sound recessed and overwhelmed by the bass (although the bass filter has even more...
wink.gif
). Silly question, might these particular gunmetal filters not be configured right (is that even possible)?  Full disclosure:  I only have about 20 hours on them out of an X5 Gen 2 with no EQ and stock tips.

Don't get me wrong...I love the gunmetal bass, but everything seems out of proportion and not as balanced as other impressions I have read.
Cheers and Thanks!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

PS...+1 for the titanium diaphragm!

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #1,856 of 4,830
If you have a failure or fault get in touch. That's what warranty is for
biggrin.gif

Bob - I was going to return mine to Amazon (see the pictures upthread) unless you would prefer to handle it as a warranty issue. Really doesn't matter to me. Please reply and let me know.

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #1,857 of 4,830
Yes, but "HybriDelta" doesn't sound as sexy... :wink_face:

I like the dual armature drivers of the DN-2000 but the "J" went way over the top.  As long as a single armature can provide the frequency range and power I guess I can live with it, but I really would like to see one driver support mids and one support treble (just not "ear-bleeding")...:wink_face:

Not to sound like a wet blanket on the Deltas, but using the gunmetal filters, I'm not hearing the mids and treble that other Delta owners have reported.  They actually sound recessed and overwhelmed by the bass (although the bass filter has even more...:wink: ). Silly question, might these particular gunmetal filters not be configured right (is that even possible)?  Full disclosure:  I only have about 20 hours on them out of an X5 Gen 2 with no EQ and stock tips.

Don't get me wrong...I love the gunmetal bass, but everything seems out of proportion and not as balanced as other impressions I have read.
Cheers and Thanks!:beerchug:
-HK sends

PS...+1 for the titanium diaphragm!

Hhmm strange one there HK.

On the side of the filter will be a very small hole hidden between the groves. Get a dress makers pin and push it into the hole, use as much force as you are happy with, but not so much as to snap the pin. Do the same on both filters and tell me if that improves or not and we can take it from there.

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #1,859 of 4,830
Hhmm strange one there HK.

On the side of the filter will be a very small hole hidden between the groves. Get a dress makers pin and push it into the hole, use as much force as you are happy with, but not so much as to snap the pin. Do the same on both filters and tell me if that improves or not and we can take it from there.

Will do, thanks!  I'll let you know.
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back