Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 17, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #1,667 of 4,830
  After using the Deltas with gunmetal filter for a few day, I really do feel that  they're like baby DN2kJs, with amazing clarity, the clear sparkly highs, but with waay more bass. Unfortunately this also means that they're just a bit bright for me and can't listen for long periods. The bass thing was weird, the quantity changed a lot for me with slightly different insertion depths when using with the stock tips. After trying spinfits and spiral dots, found a happy balance with Havi B3 tips. What tips are you guys using with it?

Thank you !  Nice to know someone can relate to them like I can.  The difference is the bass - 2KJs have less quantity but tighter, and more definition.

I use the Sony Isolation Tips more often than not.  Either that or Comply S400.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #1,668 of 4,830
Still waiting for my Hyperion 
redface.gif

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #1,671 of 4,830
  I'm using sennheiser bi-flange tips.I feel that they improve the soundstage and increase clarity a bit.

Ah ok. the Havi comes with similar ones yea. I'll give them a try.

Thank you !  Nice to know someone can relate to them like I can.  The difference is the bass - 2KJs have less quantity but tighter, and more definition.

biggrin.gif
 I'd actually seen that from your description first, but upon listening to them that's what they remind me of, more so than any other iem I've heard so far (haven't heard all that many however ). Took the liberty just now of using your measured data for both iems and superimposing them onto the same graph. 
redface.gif
 They match almost perfectly, except that DN2kJ has a broader treble peak till maybe 7kHz. Deltas have only 4dB more bass. 

Been hearing a lot about those Sony Isolation tips.. Probably will get a pair some time soon. Look at Ostry tuning tips now to physically reduce bass and tame the treble slightly.

Still waiting for my Hyperion 
redface.gif

You'll get them soon! Plus you'll get to listen to the Deltas on Friday haha.. 
ksc75smile.gif

FTFY 
wink.gif
  Will probably get to hear some Trinities at some point. Fat bottomed baby DN2KJs don't seem to tempt me, so which would be the least bassy ones?

The purple filter lol.. Super bright for me though. 
eek.gif

Edit: Fat bottomed babies are kinda cute tho 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 18, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #1,672 of 4,830

You'll get them soon! Plus you'll get to listen to the Deltas on Friday haha.. 
ksc75smile.gif

Yeah... looking forward to that.
Hopefully my Hyperion will be delivered before Friday, so Friday we can have mini meet to compare Hyperion, Delta, and all the Dunu thousands series. That would be fun 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #1,673 of 4,830
  Yes, a silver filter but with just a touch less bass in favour of slightly better mids would be amazing (Striking a balance between silver/gunmetal basically)

I agree.

To me the Gunmetal filters make vocals sound tinny, while the Silver filters is too V for me, causing ballads to sound overly warm.

It would be awesome if the new filters could give more fullness to vocals compared to the Gunmetal filters, have punchy bass but does not sound boomy like the Silver filters.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #1,674 of 4,830
  After using the Deltas with gunmetal filter for a few day, I really do feel that  they're like baby DN2kJs, with amazing clarity, the clear sparkly highs, but with waay more bass. Unfortunately this also means that they're just a bit bright for me and can't listen for long periods. The bass thing was weird, the quantity changed a lot for me with slightly different insertion depths when using with the stock tips. After trying spinfits and spiral dots, found a happy balance with Havi B3 tips. What tips are you guys using with it?

I'm using the large tips that came with my PFE. They fit shallower, and are longer stem-wise so the earpieces are further away from my eardrums. I find this helps tame the mid bass a bit. They were a stretch (literally) getting them on, and a word of warning; if anybody is going to try them, make sure they are all the way on and biting the nozzle groove otherwise they could slip off in your ears.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #1,675 of 4,830

Nice to see another Monstercat fan. I agree, those are all great new tracks. My own test for bass is also a MC track, Fury by Feint. The bass is deep but very fast and textured, so it takes a decent IEM to do a good job. Deltas certainly have no problems with it, and every time I read more about them I want some Hyperions to try too. 

The Hyperions don't seem to have quite as good extension, but it makes up in sheer quantity. It's much looser than that of the Deltas though, but better than what I'd usually expect from a $40 set of IEMs anyway. I think I recall hearing Fury, I have a bunch of Feint stuff, I just don't remember if Fury was one of the ones I liked. Feint was hit and miss for me.

Just using the stock tips, in fact the ones that were already on outta the packaging. Haven't been tip rolling at all, the fit is fine right now though. May do a bit in the future when I have more time.

Aug 18, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,676 of 4,830

hey Paul, about your Savant vs Delta comparison in your Savant review:
Noble Savant $599 vs Trinity Delta $140
Both have very good build quality throughout – with the Savant being slightly more robust overall. I actually prefer the Delta’s cable, but the Savant’s body shape. The Savant has far better isolation. Sonically the Savant is clearer, and slightly more vivid. Comparatively the Delta has much more bass impact, but it feels slightly boomy, and is not as fast as the more nimble Savant. The Delta is smoother overall, and whilst the Savant is more vivid and euphonic, it is also a little more thin through the lower mid-range.
Was it with the Gun metal filter? If the Savant's bass will be more like the Purple filter and not like the Gun Metal, I'm afraid I'll have to sell my commissioned Univ Wiz Savant.
I mean same bass impact and extension as Gun metal I'd be more than fine with. Even if my perfect ideal would be the new filter Bob's working on (Gun metal with bit more bass / Silver with less).

Aug 18, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #1,677 of 4,830
  hey Paul, about your Savant vs Delta comparison in your Savant review:
Noble Savant $599 vs Trinity Delta $140
Both have very good build quality throughout – with the Savant being slightly more robust overall. I actually prefer the Delta’s cable, but the Savant’s body shape. The Savant has far better isolation. Sonically the Savant is clearer, and slightly more vivid. Comparatively the Delta has much more bass impact, but it feels slightly boomy, and is not as fast as the more nimble Savant. The Delta is smoother overall, and whilst the Savant is more vivid and euphonic, it is also a little more thin through the lower mid-range.
Was it with the Gun metal filter? If the Savant's bass will be more like the Purple filter and not like the Gun Metal, I'm afraid I'll have to sell my commissioned Univ Wiz Savant.
I mean same bass impact and extension as Gun metal I'd be more than fine with. Even if my perfect ideal would be the new filter Bob's working on (Gun metal with bit more bass / Silver with less).

I'm pretty sure I can graph them both when I get home tonight so you can see.  Difference is in lower bass - and yes Delta has a lot more bass with the gun-metal.

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #1,678 of 4,830
Hi Bob! It's incredible the job that you are doing, and even more impressive is that you are doing along with the Head Fi community, just have a couple questions that i have to clear before making a buy :D 

1)Do you offer shipping to México? 

2)How would you describe the sound signature of the Hyperion's, and im a bit concerned about the strain reliefs that come out of the earphones themselves, they seem quite short to be efficient when pulling out from the ear, seems that a lot of times you will have to give the cable a little pull to get em out, anyway, thanks Bob! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back