Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 16, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #1,651 of 4,830
  Initial impressions of the Delta are that they sound fantastic. Great job on detail and bass quality. Everything is controlled and clean, separation is easily heard. I did a quick and dirty comparison between the 3 filters and I now know for sure I'll pretty much never touch the purple filters anymore, they just don't hit my fancy. But the gunmetals and silvers? Gonna depend on the day as the silvers really to offer quite the impact in bass, perfect for EDM tracks which is what I've been listening to more of recently. These are almost perfect in sound sig for me, with the gunmetals being the closest. I think the minor tweak I'd personally make is to add a little more mid presence and bass to the gunmetals and it would be stellar for me. Basically, slightly more mids than gunmetal and more bass than gunmetal but less than the silvers. The drivers are capable of good bass extension, but I have to crank it up more on the gunmetals than the silvers, which I'd prefer not to do of course so as to not destroy my ears
tongue.gif

Overall, very happy with both Trinity IEMs I purchased, they're impressive IEMs in all aspects for the price.

cool.gif
1000% agreed. Those guys are still playing around with those Flare Audios, trying to get them to sound 1/2 way decent. S**t..... Only took me a week to figure out they weren't going to work. But I'm a quick study.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #1,652 of 4,830

cool.gif
1000% agreed. Those guys are still playing around with those Flare Audios, trying to get them to sound 1/2 way decent. S**t..... Only took me a week to figure out they weren't going to work. But I'm a quick study.
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I think that Flare has a potentially good IEM on their hands and an interesting concept. I don't personally feel that the R2A isn't good, it is a decent IEM for my tastes, but it feels overpriced. Though playing devil's advocate here, I understand the cost; the brunt of it isn't in the materials (we all can attest to that without a doubt), but I'm sure the R&D cost quite a lot. In a way, I feel it's like the Aurisonics Rockets. Those are almost (though not quite) as small and also use solid metal shells and a dynamic driver, so R&D costs could theoretically be similar, but the result matches their asking price much better. They sound like they are worth that much ya know? Not just asking for the R&D price? I don't think the R2A is bad, but there's better value at the KS price and undoubtedly better value at the retail price. They are pretty damn comfortable though, in a way the Rockets couldn't be for me.

Trinity, however, nails it in just about every way. Ergonomics are stellar, sound quality is superb for its pricing, build quality is beautiful AT ANY PRICE, and the packaging and accessories simply scream PREMIUM, even with the $40 Hyperion. Realistically, it seems the only possible fault is that the sound signature just might not end up being what you're looking for, though there's at least a lower chance of that with the Techne and Delta due to the filter system. Yup, from where I'm standing, Trinity Audio is doing IEMs the RIGHT WAY.

Aug 17, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #1,653 of 4,830
I don't want to sound harsh to Bob, but I'm just a little concern. As recently I just moved, I need to know when it would arrive in my old house. So ya and I still haven't receive the shipping notification. I receive an email saying that we would receive the shipping info from last Monday, but I have not receive mine yet. A bit concern over this. Pardon me if I'm just being abit pushy.

Aug 17, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,658 of 4,830
I spent much of the weekend with the Hyperion, a bit with the Delta. The Hyperion is really amazing at $40. I will not hesitate to recommend them for anyone looking for IEMs under $100. I think there is nothing that even comes close to touching it. I will not be giving mine up ever. They may be a bit bass heavy for some genres, but for what I generally listen to, they are superb. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,659 of 4,830
  I spent much of the weekend with the Hyperion, a bit with the Delta. The Hyperion is really amazing at $40. I will not hesitate to recommend them for anyone looking for IEMs under $100. I think there is nothing that even comes close to touching it. I will not be giving mine up ever. They may be a bit bass heavy for some genres, but for what I generally listen to, they are superb. 

The Hyperion is truly a fantastic total package. There are better offerings in the sub-$100 range depending on how tolerant you are of the bass quantity from the Hyperion, but all in all, a good sounding IEM in its price bracket. I also wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, especially given that I've seen IEMs 5x the price not built as well. What have you been listening to? Cuz I've been listening to some progressive house and future bass lately and I think that they realistically work very well with anything EDM. The bass feels a little too intrusive for me on some other genres though, but still tolerable for my tastes at least.

Recent stuff I've listened to are mostly from Monstercat. High Tide by Grant Bowtie, Chrysalis by Protostar and Draper, Closer (feat. Jennie A) by Lemaitre, Saturday Morning Space Ride by Stephen Walking and Hyper Potions. I think that Saturday Morning Space Ride is particularly good for checking out the bass response of an IEM.

Aug 17, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #1,661 of 4,830
I'd rather have an IEM with quick copious bass I can cut with EQ than an IEM with too little or too slow bass any day!

It's easy to subtract. Not as easy to add without worrying about distortion.

Just sayin'...

+1. If you start out with something that has lots of quality bass, then you already know it won't distort at the levels you want it at. I find that if I have to use bass boost, the bass distorts because the drivers weren't tuned to provide that amount without distortion in the first place. Better to start with too much of a good thing than not enough!

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,662 of 4,830
+1. If you start out with something that has lots of quality bass, then you already know it won't distort at the levels you want it at. I find that if I have to use bass boost, the bass distorts because the drivers weren't tuned to provide that amount without distortion in the first place. Better to start with too much of a good thing than not enough!

Damn straight, boi!!!

:wink_face:

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #1,663 of 4,830
About 2-3 weeks away on the new filter.

Shipping is free on a 7-14 day service (usually a week to the usa) or £15 if you want them faster.

Although I have been following the thread pretty closely, I must have missed discussions regarding the new upcoming Delta filter. What will it's tuning be like? And more importantly, how do we get a set when they launch?

EDIT: Disregard as I found the answers further up on this page! I guess there have been a couple new pages added since my last visit.

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #1,664 of 4,830

The Hyperion is truly a fantastic total package. There are better offerings in the sub-$100 range depending on how tolerant you are of the bass quantity from the Hyperion, but all in all, a good sounding IEM in its price bracket. I also wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, especially given that I've seen IEMs 5x the price not built as well. What have you been listening to? Cuz I've been listening to some progressive house and future bass lately and I think that they realistically work very well with anything EDM. The bass feels a little too intrusive for me on some other genres though, but still tolerable for my tastes at least.

Recent stuff I've listened to are mostly from Monstercat. High Tide by Grant Bowtie, Chrysalis by Protostar and Draper, Closer (feat. Jennie A) by Lemaitre, Saturday Morning Space Ride by Stephen Walking and Hyper Potions. I think that Saturday Morning Space Ride is particularly good for checking out the bass response of an IEM.

Nice to see another Monstercat fan. I agree, those are all great new tracks. My own test for bass is also a MC track, Fury by Feint. The bass is deep but very fast and textured, so it takes a decent IEM to do a good job. Deltas certainly have no problems with it, and every time I read more about them I want some Hyperions to try too. 

Aug 17, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #1,665 of 4,830
After using the Deltas with gunmetal filter for a few day, I really do feel that  they're like baby DN2kJs, with amazing clarity, the clear sparkly highs, but with waay more bass. Unfortunately this also means that they're just a bit bright for me and can't listen for long periods. The bass thing was weird, the quantity changed a lot for me with slightly different insertion depths when using with the stock tips. After trying spinfits and spiral dots, found a happy balance with Havi B3 tips. What tips are you guys using with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back