Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Jul 18, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #961 of 4,830
A couple of people mentioned us on another thread with couple of questions.

One of the questions was if I was still at rj, the answer is no. I still do some design work for them and they have some cool things coming end of the year.

Trinity is a completely new company and everything has had to be done from scratch.

I have seen in another thread a few people discussing delays on shipping on is campaigns. Although it's not my place to defend any other company on shipping times after a campaign I have to say that shipping 1000,s of parcels quickly just isn't...well quick.

Ks campaigns are projects and as such, after funding and after receiving the funds some 2-3 weeks later you can start building your project. Then you have to run through all the things you need, packaging, logistics and the actual product. Packaging will need to be finalized, accessories finalized as well as the production version of the product. All of this takes time. Thankfully we had been able to do 99% of the above before our ks campaign finished, but even during ks I was fine tuning lots of little details and I still had a packaging issue which delayed final production.

Then we get to preparing for shipping. Ks provide backer info in the most annoying xl sheet ever with masses of pointless info and you have to extract all backer info into something you can work with. I did a separate survey which was much better, but even so it requires extra work after is all been extracted.

Then you have to prep all the shipping labels for all the parcels, again time consuming unless you have a program to generate all the labels.

So once you have all your product built either in house or outsourced you have to prep each backers reward/s.

In our case each uk reward takes 1 person around 5 minutes from receipt of backer sheet and label to it being packed and booked with a courier.

For overseas rewards this takes much more time per person of around 8 minutes per backer. This is due to all the extra paperwork needed for each shipment.

Of course time scales will vary dependant on the size of the team.

Believe me the task of shipping all the rewards all over the world was certainly underestimated by me, thankfully we are on top of it now.

So what will I do different next time around.

1. Charge a little more for shipping for overseas and use a courier that collects from us and not use royal mail as we have to deliver all the parcels everyday.

2. Use program for extracting the data and print all the labels.

3. Allow a 4 week longer lead time than I did this time around.

Think that about covers it, time for a beer before it's back to work tomorrow packing more rewards.

:D

Bob

Jul 18, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #962 of 4,830
I can only imagine how much of a pita it could be doing this for the first time.
Thanks for keeping everyone updated on the progress.
(I hope I've sucked up enough to ensure mine get shipped next
wink_face.gif
)

Cheers. (and enjoy that beer, you deserve it)

Jul 18, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #964 of 4,830
  I can only imagine how much of a pita it could be doing this for the first time.
Thanks for keeping everyone updated on the progress.
(I hope I've sucked up enough to ensure mine get shipped next
wink_face.gif
)

Cheers. (and enjoy that beer, you deserve it)

Make it TWO.....for everyone. The man and his team more than deserve it for all the hard work they're doing.
beerchug.gif

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #965 of 4,830
If I ever come to Birmingham one day I'll buy you a beer Bob. 
beerchug.gif
  You deserved this btw 
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #966 of 4,830
  Make it TWO.....for everyone. The man and his team more than deserve it for all the hard work they're doing.
beerchug.gif

cool.gif
+1000 %

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jul 19, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #967 of 4,830
  If I ever come to Birmingham one day I'll buy you a beer Bob. 
beerchug.gif
  You deserved this btw 
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Damn  ozkan, You are FINE. will you dominate me?  Please......

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #969 of 4,830
cool.gif
Hey Bob. How's it going? Now that You don't have any left, How many Employees still have hair on their heads after you've pulled it out? 
biggrin.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
TWIN

Jul 19, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #973 of 4,830
Bob to be honest its great you and Flare are actually shipping, some of the technology ks my husband backs can take over a year.

There is one preticular one that I know of (he didn't back) that has taken nearly 2 years and they sent out an email saying at least another 6 months.

So to be only an extra couple of weeks behind is kind of good, especially when you compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back