Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Apr 5, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #166 of 4,830

A quick question regarding the campaign, the 'EARLY BIRD + FRIEND Hyperion' option is for 2 units of Hyperion right?
Thanks!

Yes - it is two Hyperion units. I'm going to get that one for my two teenagers.

How about comparing the Hyperion with the Yamaha eph-100 or the Hifiman re400 ?
And comparing the delta with the etymotics hf5?

I'll let Mark or H20 answer tan one - unfortunately I've heard none of those earphones. 

I wonder, how delta looks compared to T-peos H-200?

Pretty sure H20 may have heard the H-200, so hopefully he'll be able to shed some light.  I've only heard the Altone.

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #167 of 4,830

Yes - it is two Hyperion units. I'm going to get that one for my two teenagers.

I'll let Mark or H20 answer tan one - unfortunately I've heard none of those earphones. 

Pretty sure H20 may have heard the H-200, so hopefully he'll be able to shed some light.  I've only heard the Altone.

When will H20's reviews be out? 

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #168 of 4,830

Well - you could ask him that ...... 
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #169 of 4,830
News!

KS just put two more tier rewards in place (very limited)

2 x Hyperion + Delta = £95 quid (only 50 slots available)

2 x Delta = £105  (again only 50 slots available)

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #170 of 4,830
News!

KS just put two more tier rewards in place (very limited)

2 x Hyperion + Delta = £95 quid (only 50 slots available)

2 x Delta = £105  (again only 50 slots available)

Why do you do this to me? Changing my pledge yet again! First in on the double-Delta...

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #171 of 4,830
Blame Bob - and the requests he's been getting ....... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:24 AM Post #172 of 4,830

Hyperion will sound brighter, cleaner, more detailed than EPH-1000 and a little more than RE400. Of both the earphones mentioned I still give the nod to Hyperion. Keep in mind I wasn't a huge fan of RE400 despite its high praise. I haven't heard HF5, only ER4S.

I wonder, how delta looks compared to T-peos H-200?

Its been a long time since I heard H-200 though I'd quite easily take Delta, this isn't to say I don't think H-200 could keep up, just the signature of Delta is more to my tastes.

Then you have the filter system to adjust the sound which gives you basically 3 earphones in one.

I'll have something up for Techne early this week, then following reviews over the course of KS.

We don't want to flood you guys too much at once and its better for the campaign. 

I'm like that final fire-cracker that goes off on New Years Eve, the really loud one to keep things moving (in a nutshell)  
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #175 of 4,830

cant comment on the yammy as i dont have, always wanted one but never seen it cheap enough for me to justify buying only to settle my curiosity.

as for the 400.  not really sure why your wanting something compare to things at a rather differing price point but anyway.

in terms of audio the 400's take the little Hyperions and batter the snot out of them.  in terms of other attributes however the Hyperions shine where the 400's are lacking.  the cables for one, the cable is ever so flexible and non kinky the 400's cable is slightly stiff and when unravelling it it very much has a tendency to kink, which if you pull is exactly how you break cables.  the rest of the build too, the 400's feel like you need to be carefull.  the Hyperions feel vastly more sturdy.

Delta vs the hf5, another weird paring.  id hand detail extraction to the Deltas with the gold filters and they still have more bass than the ety.  however the reason you buy an ety is becaues its a brain implant noise killer.  they isolate like nothing else and the Delta with the gold is rather open so isolates like crap in comparison.  i cant see why anyone would think of them in the same breath.

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #176 of 4,830
Think imma have to back it. Seriously like the look of the Techne wondering how it matches against the Delta. May have to get both and see. Any of your guys who've heard can you shed a little light on vocals really want something smooth and euphoric. I miss my Fischer audio SB so much for that reason alone.

I saw brief comparisons against the Dunu 2000 you think the Delta will be a touch smoother and relaxing without compromising too much detail ??

Apr 5, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #177 of 4,830
Blame Bob - and the requests he's been getting ....... :veryevil:
mea culpa :p want to gift one to my sister, grateful to Bob for his quick reply

@H20Fidelity (and other Titan1 owners): how is the isolation and leakage of the Delta compared to the Titan? If isolation and leak is on par with the Duoza it'll be pure win :D

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #178 of 4,830

Hyperion will sound brighter, cleaner, more detailed than EPH-1000 and a little more than RE400. Of both the earphones mentioned I still give the nod to Hyperion.

not really sure why your wanting something compare to things at a rather differing price point but anyway.

in terms of audio the 400's take the little Hyperions and batter the snot out of them.

Really, that is what we do here on Head-fi! Esp. newer cheaper stuff vs. older more pricey stuff. $50 now vs. what was $79 etc. etc. on and on. Not $30 vs. $200, only $30 difference isn't that much of a stretch
wink.gif
. Actually if after the KS, the 30GBP plus 8 shipping IIRC(unless the shipping is included), the difference is only $20, atm. $75 vs. $55 for US.

I see we have a little difference there, lol. Though not a little better one way and the other. A little better vs. beat the other to a pulp. Remember kids... YMMV!

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #179 of 4,830
I don't understand the raving for RE400 personally. I ran them balanced from HM700 and preferred Brainwavz S5 in the end. But, people seem to like it, so be it. What this means for me is Hyperion instantly takes my vote due to preferences and it's signature, (as I said in my comment above). I've had much more fun with Hyperion.

About the leakage :

None of the Trinity products will leak like Dunu Titan does as it's completely different design. Titan's half in-ear concept is basically reminiscent of a semi open headphone, all the Trinity IEM's are sealed with the exception of porting.

Isolation is quite good on Hyperion, not sure you grasp how small the housing are, if I'm not careful I can insert the entire housing inside my canal, virtually disappears. Granted, I use large tips.

Delta's isolation is also solid but Techne is causing me some problems atm getting a correct fit, namely getting the right angle with the nozzle / housing.

Apr 5, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #180 of 4,830
I don't understand the raving for RE400 personally. I ran them balanced from HM700 and preferred Brainwavz S5 in the end. But, people seem to like it, so be it. What this means for me is Hyperion instantly takes my vote due to preferences and it's signature, (as I said in my comment above). I've had much more fun with Hyperion.

About the leakage :

None of the Trinity products will leak like Dunu Titan does as it's completely different design. Titan's half in-ear concept is basically reminiscent of a semi open headphone, all the Trinity IEM's are sealed with the exception of porting.

Isolation is quite good on Hyperion, not sure you grasp how small the housing are, if I'm not careful I can insert the entire housing inside my canal, virtually disappears. Granted, I use large tips.

Delta's isolation is also solid but Techne is causing me some problems atm getting a correct fit, namely getting the right angle with the nozzle / housing.

oh i can quite see the Hyperions being more fun than the 400's but for plain, raw audio quality i find them for the money untouchable.  though as i say the build and cable do not share the same stratospheric heights.  as was the case of the RE-0 before it, its not always a signature that plays well with the masses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back