Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Oct 6, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #198 of 613
These look plain awesome. And for $200? Top notch build quality and good impressions? I think I have chosen these already (Hurry up November!)

Just a few questions:

Previously, I owned shure se215 and Westone 3 as cable over-ear iems. The sharp cable of the westone was extremely uncomfortable, and the slightly larger shure cable was still not that comfortable. I am mainly worried about the weight + the over ear cable: I am really hoping that it doesn't dig in after a while (Though im sure there is a way to mod them if it happens). Does anyone who has tried these have any opinions on the

Aside from that:

Dynamic driver looks good (EDM!!)
Impressions look good

Last question:

Is that little circle on the outside of the earpieces (By the RHA logo) evidence an open-backed design?

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #199 of 613

Last question:

Is that little circle on the outside of the earpieces (By the RHA logo) evidence an open-backed design?

Wanted to jump on this early, the IEMs are indeed ported for optimum air flow. Not quite fully open back, the hole beneath the mesh is very small, but it allows the driver to draw in air as needed.

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #200 of 613
Thanks for the reply!

I've pretty much decided on these I believe.

So the release date is November 1st?

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #202 of 613
Look what came in today... 

I'll be writing my review after they're burned-in but I will be posting some impressions along the way for those who're curious. Thanks again to RHA for sending these out to me, it's greatly appreciated.   

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #205 of 613
My wife says I have a UPS package waiting for me at home, so I may be up next :)

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #206 of 613
My wife says I have a UPS package waiting for me at home, so I may be up next
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #207 of 613
Here are a few pictures to satisfy the curious :). Plus some initial out of the box sonic impressions...

Ok before I talk sonics let's talk build, packaging, and accessories! This piece of art is built like a tank and is yet light and super comfortable. The over ear cable design is simply stunning and will be mimicked by many unless it has been patented. The package has enough tips to meet anyone's needs plus it has a nice carry case and shirt clip. The case is soft so some might argue it should be a hard case but really what would be the point! The IEM is so robust it just doesn't need the protection a hard case would provide..

Ok so initial listen straight from the package to my ears using the default tips and default reference filters. Played from my LG G3 phone at just shy of 50% volume.

The headphone has a warm dark signature to my ears with the bass being a bit over cooked and the midrange and treble slightly subdued. The sound stage is a bit small and the imaging is average.

Are my mid/treblehead tendencies showing? ABSOLUTELY, but I also suspect that I need to let these cook over night to see what happens.

Switched out the filters for the treble ones and there is definite improvement to the treble and upper mids. The bass is still to strong but I do expect this area to change. Sound stage has opened up a bit and imaging has improved. Vocals sound much better as well.

Ever curious I then ventured to the bass filter...

Have to admit I actually enjoyed the fun factor of this filter. It bass them more bassy and warmed up the midrange. It actually reminded me of the XBA-H3 when I had a pair for about a week. Imagine being able to have that big bass sound when you want it without having to just live with that choice!

OK, so these filters ABSOLUTELY work as advertised and you get one of the best physically designed IEMs I have personally seen. Now I need to let these cook for the night and see what changes occur. So far I am impressed and really hoping the sound evolves into what I think it can. I am getting ready to go for a walk so will make one more post regarding microphonics and wind noise later.

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #208 of 613
Here are a few pictures to satisfy the curious
smily_headphones1.gif
. Plus some initial out of the box sonic impressions...

Ok before I talk sonics let's talk build, packaging, and accessories! This piece of art is built like a tank and is yet light and super comfortable. The over ear cable design is simply stunning and will be mimicked by many unless it has been patented. The package has enough tips to meet anyone's needs plus it has a nice carry case and shirt clip. The case is soft so some might argue it should be a hard case but really what would be the point! The IEM is so robust it just doesn't need the protection a hard case would provide..

Ok so initial listen straight from the package to my ears using the default tips and default reference filters. Played from my LG G3 phone at just shy of 50% volume.

The headphone has a warm dark signature to my ears with the bass being a bit over cooked and the midrange and treble slightly subdued. The sound stage is a bit small and the imaging is average.

Are my mid/treblehead tendencies showing? ABSOLUTELY, but I also suspect that I need to let these cook over night to see what happens.

Switched out the filters for the treble ones and there is definite improvement to the treble and upper mids. The bass is still to strong but I do expect this area to change. Sound stage has opened up a bit and imaging has improved. Vocals sound much better as well.

Ever curious I then ventured to the bass filter...

Have to admit I actually enjoyed the fun factor of this filter. It bass them more bassy and warmed up the midrange. It actually reminded me of the XBA-H3 when I had a pair for about a week. Imagine being able to have that big bass sound when you want it without having to just live with that choice!

OK, so these filters ABSOLUTELY work as advertised and you get one of the best physically designed IEMs I have personally seen. Now I need to let these cook for the night and see what changes occur. So far I am impressed and really hoping the sound evolves into what I think it can. I am getting ready to go for a walk so will make one more post regarding microphonics and wind noise later.

Agreed. These seem to have a darker signature with a lot of bass to boot. This is very common with dynamic driver earphones so I'll let them burn-in for about a 100hrs before I do my main impressions. So far so good though! 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #209 of 613
Sorry to borrow the thread again and again but these look so good and I'm currently wanting to buy IEMs (faster the better) so I have to ask if I should wait for these?
I want IEMs with good soundstage on this price range and these look good, let me know on your reviews if the soundstage will be good for movies if possible.
Looking forward to reviews anyways, cheers.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #210 of 613
Agreed. These seem to have a darker signature with a lot of bass to boot. This is very common with dynamic driver earphones so I'll let them burn-in for about a 100hrs before I do my main impressions. So far so good though! :ksc75smile:

Could you compare the clarity, detail level to GR07, VSD3S?

Even if these have diffrent sound signatures, It would be a great help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back