Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Oct 10, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #211 of 613
These are not dark at all, I'm sure most will agree with me on this. The Ma600 was dark, not this one, at all. But it surely depends on your fav kind of sound.
They're very clear actually and the bass is perfectly adjustable. I prefer the reference filter at home and the bass filter when on the go.

Biggest new contenders are the DX160 from Beyerdynamic and the Inear Momentum. All good, similar new IEMs

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #212 of 613
Could you compare the clarity, detail level to GR07, VSD3S?

Even if these have diffrent sound signatures, It would be a great help.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ooh, at this point they still need quite a bit of burn-in before I could say whether the T10i's have better clarity than the GR07's. But if I were to guess I'd say they T10i's are likely to sound smooth anyway so the VSonic's are likely to have better clarity and detail overall. This is in part due to the seemingly dark, warm nature of the T10i's so I would say (without guaranteeing anything) that the GR07's are gonna suit you better if you prefer clarity and detail. I hope this helps! :)  

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #213 of 613
  These are not dark at all, I'm sure most will agree with me on this. The Ma600 was dark, not this one, at all. 

I certainly hope that's true 'cause they seemed a little dark to me. But then again I'm used to treble a little above neutral with some of my other earphones so it could just be me.  

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #215 of 613
Ooh, at this point they still need quite a bit of burn-in before I could say whether the T10i's have better clarity than the GR07's. But if I were to guess I'd say they T10i's are likely to sound smooth anyway so the VSonic's are likely to have better clarity and detail overall. This is in part due to the seemingly dark, warm nature of the T10i's so I would say (without guaranteeing anything) that the GR07's are gonna suit you better if you prefer clarity and detail. I hope this helps! :)  

Thank you! :)
I had the GR07BE, but it was too harsh for me and had sibilance issues, thats why I sold it. The MA-750 (I have) is good, but I miss the details, clarity and the highs.. Even the VSD3S has more details and I find it more accurate, but the build quality, the cable.. Cant even compare to the RHA.

Thats why I am interested if the T10 would be an real upgrade, and its not far behind the GR07, which costs half the price of the RHA..
:)

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #216 of 613
I have owned the GR07 and the MKII and would agree with Audiophile1811 assessment. Having said that if you found the GR07BE to sibilant the T10I may be right up your alley.

After a night of burn in these have opened up some but lack the clarity and detail I love in an IEM when it comes to cymbals. But I do think these need more time burning in (my brain too!!) before I reach a final verdict.

Build and accessory wise these are one of the best IEMs I have owned though which easily justifies their cost as compared to the GR07 (and I think the GR07 comes well equipped!).

Another alternative for you might be the Pioneer DJE1500. It has treble similar to the GR07 but without the sibilance issues. But it will likely require 3rd party tips from either Sony or UE (I prefer UE myself).

BUT I suggest you wait for a couple of days to let us reviewers have more time with the T10I. Dynamic based IEMs really do need some time to settle in my opinion.

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #217 of 613
I tossed the T10I to a co-worker and his exact words were, "These are the nicest IEMs you have given me to try so far!" This co-worker has tried every Sony I have owned including the XBA-H3 along with my current sonic favorite the DJE1500 and he definitely prefers the T10i to them all. So again, setting my personal preferences aside these really are a darned good IEM!

Now I just have to figure out how to get them back from my friend... LOL

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #218 of 613
He is still wearing them LOL, he asked if I had another IEM to use because he wants to use them for the day :).

He likes them better than even the full size headphones I have let him try...

He is now figuring out how to get a pair for Christmas }:)

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #219 of 613
I have owned the GR07 and the MKII and would agree with Audiophile1811 assessment. Having said that if you found the GR07BE to sibilant the T10I may be right up your alley.

After a night of burn in these have opened up some but lack the clarity and detail I love in an IEM when it comes to cymbals. But I do think these need more time burning in (my brain too!!) before I reach a final verdict.

Build and accessory wise these are one of the best IEMs I have owned though which easily justifies their cost as compared to the GR07 (and I think the GR07 comes well equipped!).

Another alternative for you might be the Pioneer DJE1500. It has treble similar to the GR07 but without the sibilance issues. But it will likely require 3rd party tips from either Sony or UE (I prefer UE myself).

BUT I suggest you wait for a couple of days to let us reviewers have more time with the T10I. Dynamic based IEMs really do need some time to settle in my opinion.

Thank you, its great to read your experiences :wink:
I like the thicker sound of the MA-750, and I am not so much a fan of the GR07, I like the VSD3S tonality more, but I miss those details to be honest :)

I use even the MA-750 with Sony Hybrids, although the stock tips are almost at the same level.

I am waiting for your further experiences -in case you will get your IEM back at all :D

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #220 of 613
At risk due to having not heard the 750. I think the T10i will be the upgrade your looking for especially when using the treble filter. The nice thing is that you then have the other 2 filters to play with to change up your listening experience.

I actually only have UE and Sony tips to use on the T10i today as I forgot the RHA tips I settled on at home because I was tip rolling last night.

The UE tips are brighter and more open than the RHA tips while the Sony hybrid are slightly darker. So you can have even more finite control over your sound experience.

From the pictures I think it's safe to say you will find the T10i to be an upgrade comfort wise. They really are comfortable to wear.

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #221 of 613
Thank you, its great to read your experiences
wink.gif

I like the thicker sound of the MA-750, and I am not so much a fan of the GR07, I like the VSD3S tonality more, but I miss those details to be honest
smily_headphones1.gif

I use even the MA-750 with Sony Hybrids, although the stock tips are almost at the same level.

I am waiting for your further experiences -in case you will get your IEM back at all
biggrin.gif

I prefer the sony hybrids as well.  For some reason the stock silicone tips then to slip and I lose my seal.  I'm getting a better seal with the Sony hybrids.  I switch to the double flange from time to time.

Oct 10, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #222 of 613
OK, handed them to another co-worker and his exact words (well almost exact :wink:) were, "these are bleeping unbelievable, their beautiful, I HATE YOU!"

:)

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #223 of 613
I"m assuming the nozzle diameter is exactly the same as ma750?

?

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #225 of 613
How are microphonics and noise isolation?
almost non-existant and excellent. I also just spent 15 minutes talking to my wife walking in heavy traffic with zero issues ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back