Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Oct 10, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #226 of 613
Thank you!
smily_headphones1.gif

I had the GR07BE, but it was too harsh for me and had sibilance issues, thats why I sold it. The MA-750 (I have) is good, but I miss the details, clarity and the highs.. Even the VSD3S has more details and I find it more accurate, but the build quality, the cable.. Cant even compare to the RHA.

Thats why I am interested if the T10 would be an real upgrade, and its not far behind the GR07, which costs half the price of the RHA..
smily_headphones1.gif

I have owned the GR07 and the MKII and would agree with Audiophile1811 assessment. Having said that if you found the GR07BE to sibilant the T10I may be right up your alley.

After a night of burn in these have opened up some but lack the clarity and detail I love in an IEM when it comes to cymbals. But I do think these need more time burning in (my brain too!!) before I reach a final verdict.

Build and accessory wise these are one of the best IEMs I have owned though which easily justifies their cost as compared to the GR07 (and I think the GR07 comes well equipped!).

Another alternative for you might be the Pioneer DJE1500. It has treble similar to the GR07 but without the sibilance issues. But it will likely require 3rd party tips from either Sony or UE (I prefer UE myself).

BUT I suggest you wait for a couple of days to let us reviewers have more time with the T10I. Dynamic based IEMs really do need some time to settle in my opinion.

@dweaver I totally agree with the T10i's being an upgrade to the GR07's build quality & accessories. @honfoglalo As mentioned before, calling them an actual "upgrade" for you will depend on the signature you prefer. For example, if you didn't like the treble of the GR07 BE's but you liked the extra bass then you might find the bassier, inoffensive sound of the RHA's to suit you just right. Is that the type of sound you prefer?    

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #227 of 613
@dweaver
 I totally agree with the T10i's being an upgrade to the GR07's build quality & accessories. @honfoglalo
 As mentioned before, calling them an actual "upgrade" for you will depend on the signature you prefer. For example, if you didn't like the treble of the GR07 BE's but you liked the extra bass then you might find the bassier, inoffensive sound of the RHA's to suit you just right. Is that the type of sound you prefer?    
+1

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:56 AM Post #228 of 613
Hello all,

I feel we're together here, watching a sonic legend being born. Based on many reviews and my own requirements, I was looking to buy the 750i, and then I found this announcement about the T10i... HOLD, STOP, REASSESS! These look aesthetically and quality built wise amazing, and the first sound wise reviews seem to be corresponding the same way (personal likings taken into account).

@dweaver,

you refer "walking in heavy traffic with zero issues". Isolation, more than microphonics, is a big issue to me, as most of the time I will be using these at work (office full of people), and on the way to work/home (1h each way mini-bus, in the middle of the noisy streets of Cairo). I'm used to one of the best IEM's regarding passive environmental noise isolation, the Etymotic MC3, and I totally got these just to be able to be isolated from the noise around me, while taking calls at the office. Whenever I turn in to music listening though, well, the Etymotics just don't cut it. So, for new IEM's, I'm looking to have isolation levels which are the most similar possible to the Etymotics, but that actually also deliver some musical fun and enjoyment.

- Did you get to try the double flange ear tips?
- Taking them in and out, do you feel a significant cut in the environmental noise levels?
- I know you never tried the 750i, but do the T10i's shape allow them to snug properly in the ear, creating a seal to prevent minimal in-out sound leaking? Supposedly, the T10i's shape will also be an improvement over the 750i's, in terms of better fitting the ears, possibly accomplishing a better seal (not that I know that this is an issue with the 750's).

Other T10i reviewers, any opinions on this?

Thank you all!

Oct 11, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #229 of 613
Also how well does the "memory wire" work in practice? Many times I haven't been able to get a good fit with this form of iems because the memory wire would not stay permanent around my ear. For example, Shure SE215. I had better luck with the cable from the Vsonic GR07BE, which hooked my ear really nicely.

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #230 of 613
@dweaver I totally agree with the T10i's being an upgrade to the GR07's build quality & accessories. @honfoglalo As mentioned before, calling them an actual "upgrade" for you will depend on the signature you prefer. For example, if you didn't like the treble of the GR07 BE's but you liked the extra bass then you might find the bassier, inoffensive sound of the RHA's to suit you just right. Is that the type of sound you prefer?

I only has sibilance issues with GR07, the highs were okay, just peaky, harsh, annoying somewhere.
For example I had no such problems with Westone W40, it has highs, but not peaky or sibilant at all.
I like the enhanced bass, but I miss some highs and clarity when I am listening the MA-750. Rap/hiphop is great, at the same time jazz/classical music is not really enjoyable with ma750.
Would you say- only soundwise that the T10 is a great IEM for the price?
Is it okay for vocal, jazz and classical music as well, at a similar level (with different sound signature) like the GR07?

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #231 of 613
Hello all,

I feel we're together here, watching a sonic legend being born. Based on many reviews and my own requirements, I was looking to buy the 750i, and then I found this announcement about the T10i... HOLD, STOP, REASSESS! These look aesthetically and quality built wise amazing, and the first sound wise reviews seem to be corresponding the same way (personal likings taken into account).

@dweaver,

you refer "walking in heavy traffic with zero issues". Isolation, more than microphonics, is a big issue to me, as most of the time I will be using these at work (office full of people), and on the way to work/home (1h each way mini-bus, in the middle of the noisy streets of Cairo). I'm used to one of the best IEM's regarding passive environmental noise isolation, the Etymotic MC3, and I totally got these just to be able to be isolated from the noise around me, while taking calls at the office. Whenever I turn in to music listening though, well, the Etymotics just don't cut it. So, for new IEM's, I'm looking to have isolation levels which are the most similar possible to the Etymotics, but that actually also deliver some musical fun and enjoyment.

- Did you get to try the double flange ear tips?
- Taking them in and out, do you feel a significant cut in the environmental noise levels?
- I know you never tried the 750i, but do the T10i's shape allow them to snug properly in the ear, creating a seal to prevent minimal in-out sound leaking? Supposedly, the T10i's shape will also be an improvement over the 750i's, in terms of better fitting the ears, possibly accomplishing a better seal (not that I know that this is an issue with the 750's).

Other T10i reviewers, any opinions on this?

Thank you all!

This IEM delivers isolation via a similar design as the Shures and Westone design. But it's port makes it slightly less effective than my SE215 but is still better than my DJE1500. I also have a pair of Ety HF5 and I would say They are more like the SE215, so long story short these are not quite as good as my absolute best isolating IEM so far.

I struggle with dual flange tips due to comfort and often seal issues. But I still haven't tried the foam tips yet which may more isolation. I will let you know how they work later.

Btw if you like the ety for it's upper mods a treble you will have significant brain adjusting to do with the T10i as they are not nearly as bright in those areas.

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #232 of 613
Also how well does the "memory wire" work in practice? Many times I haven't been able to get a good fit with this form of iems because the memory wire would not stay permanent around my ear. For example, Shure SE215. I had better luck with the cable from the Vsonic GR07BE, which hooked my ear really nicely.
The memory wire as always is a acquired taste but RHA has made one of best memory sure solutions I have ever used.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #233 of 613
I only has sibilance issues with GR07, the highs were okay, just peaky, harsh, annoying somewhere.
For example I had no such problems with Westone W40, it has highs, but not peaky or sibilant at all.
I like the enhanced bass, but I miss some highs and clarity when I am listening the MA-750. Rap/hiphop is great, at the same time jazz/classical music is not really enjoyable with ma750.
Would you say- only soundwise that the T10 is a great IEM for the price?
Is it okay for vocal, jazz and classical music as well, at a similar level (with different sound signature) like the GR07?
based strictly on sound for the genres you mentioned I prefer the DJE1500 more. It has as good a detail as the GR07 without it's harshness and a more balanced signature as well.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #235 of 613

I have hated absolutely every single memory wire implementation I've run into in the past. I agree with Dweaver that the this is the best one I've come across. The fact that it's spring based and not 100% plastic makes it much easier to control when you're inserting the IEMs, you don't have to fight the previously memorized shape. That said, it's not as memorizing as other cables are and if you want the cable to hug the back of your ear all the way down to the lobes then I think you'll be disappointed, these don't seem to be capable of that since they're a bit more malleable than traditional memory wire cables. If you don't need it to hug the back of your ear like an overly affectionate grandmother then I think you'll find that the memory portion of the cable does a good job of remaining behind the ear without popping up and over as some memory cables have done to me in the past.

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #236 of 613
Ya they don't hug the ears as good as form fitted or really bendable memory wire. But I really appreciate their comfort and ease of use.

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #237 of 613
So, it sounds like these retain a lot of the sound signature of the MA750 but have increased mid presence and are more ergonomic / comfortable and sound signature can be slightly optimized to suit individual taste. Is that a fair assessment? If so, I'm going to try these when they come out. My main complaints with MA750 are comfort issues due to poor over ear design (personal preference) and recessed mids.

For those trying to decide whether to hold off on MA750, they've got good, deep bass presence (if a bit slow), recessed mids, and smooth high end with good soundstage. As mentioned above, I don't find the over ear guides on them comfortable/ergonomic (rub upper ear + pop out a lot). FWIW, im always amazed when I listen to classic Black Sabbath with them and really enjoy them with electronic music with strong bass (as long as it's not too fast - like drill n bass stuff). Hope that helps someone make the choice to pull the trigger on MA750 or hold off for T10. Personally, I'm seriously considering selling my MA750 and purchasing T10, so if you're interested in MA750...

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #238 of 613
Unfortunately I have not tried the 750 so can't say for sure but your assessment sounds pretty spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back