Introducing the LCD-i3
May 18, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #1,022 of 1,041
Yea, was gonna say… I’m reconsidering my plans to buy any of their product, since they all, even flagships, rely on EQ to sound any good - and dropping support for a product that expensive that soon, does not inspire trust.

Good on them for responding at least.
The Euclid doesn't need EQ to sound great. Doesn't need a Cypher cable or Audeze's app/EQ. It's just a very good IEM.

Sadly, I don't think Audeze is making more Euclids, seeing as how their website has been at sold out status for months. You can still purchase them brand new at some retailers and can find them on eBay for about half of the MSRP.

May 22, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #1,024 of 1,041
Assuming you're using the Lightning Cipher cable?
It's a fairly basic equaliser but basically I use this and I'm very happy:
Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 13.55.06.png_quarter-res.jpg

Oct 21, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #1,025 of 1,041
Question to LCDi/iSine owners: how is the longer-term durability of the clips? I worry that the clips are pretty flimsy looking and have seen reports of them breaking/falling off easily.

Oct 21, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #1,026 of 1,041
Question to LCDi/iSine owners: how is the longer-term durability of the clips? I worry that the clips are pretty flimsy looking and have seen reports of them breaking/falling off easily.
Gotta be really careful but they can last. I suggest finding the wings or go with Bose comfort tips.

Oct 21, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #1,027 of 1,041
One single clip of mine broke, I believe, but they come with at least two sets (maybe three?) for any given size, so it was fine. I use them intermittently (sometimes daily for a few weeks, then not at all for 6 months, then daily again, etc.)

Oct 21, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #1,028 of 1,041
One single clip of mine broke, I believe, but they come with at least two sets (maybe three?) for any given size, so it was fine. I use them intermittently (sometimes daily for a few weeks, then not at all for 6 months, then daily again, etc.)
I’ve owned mine for about a year, probably use them weekly for an hour or two. I had one crack about a week ago, not on the bit that goes over your ears but on the bit that goes around the earphone itself (ie the half circle bit). I have actually super glued it up and reattached it to the earphones and it seems fine for now. It broke probably because I was being a bit rough with them and just put them on the top of my luggage in a soft sided bag that then was tossed into our car with other stuff for a long trip. They seem pretty tough in general though.

Feb 26, 2024 at 4:00 AM Post #1,029 of 1,041
The price of the i4 is the problem. For me, any in ear over $1000 is too much, and not worth it IMO
yes i am late to the show, but have to say i still have a hard time finding the soundquality of the 4 in a cheaper headphone. so to me you exactly get what you pay for. i know that specially some americans often have a problem with getting behind the idea that bigger isnt necessarily better and that small things can surpass big and bold bad assery. these people want a good chunky peace of kit for their hard earned money no matter of it logically makes any sense. but to each his own i guess...

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 4:34 AM Post #1,030 of 1,041
I thought LCD-i3 was the best planar IEM I’ve heard, then I listened to the Raptgo Hook X original, and was blown away. Cost much less, sounds much better. No EQ needed, everything is just so much more clear, detailed and transparent on the Hook X in comparison.

owning both i cannot agree at all. the quality and tightness of the bass in the i3 is miles ahead of the raptgo. you can feel it reaching down your spine like a sharp sword, while raptgo is simply a muddy overblown blob without defintion. same with treble and imaging. its absolutely no comparison and i am really not an audeze fanboy. for example my old gen 1 lcd2 with the fazors right after they came out with it was nothing but a shouty mess in the upper mids, with zero soundstage plus impossible to wear for more that 20 minutes before head and neck pain kicked in. also the recent lcd5 is one comedy show in a headphone, specially compared to the okish lcd4. they must have thought for what ever reason, that soundstage isnt a thing at all, so lets skip that part. so in fact i am quite the opposite of a fanboy, but the i series is a rare marble that might have fallen out of another dimension, because otherwise i cannot get behind how out of all the manufacturers it was Audeze who figured it out. Its soundquality you wont find else where. i am listening to them with a straight cable plugged in and without any eq. in case you are curious. they have a hint of colouration in the mids as usual for Audeze, but it only sounds off, when directly compared to a headphone with proper timbre in the mids. the brain adjustes very fast and accepts the slight weirdness and you´re good to go.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 5:10 AM Post #1,032 of 1,041
In the case of LCD-i4 maybe not, but in other cases, there's a difference. I would place the limit at 1500€ :)
just for iem? so you think the 30 dollar material that an over ear might bring on the table in comparison is worth a larger amount of money or do you think a single driver of what ever kind and size is able to surpass the soundquality, speed, separation and details that are achieved with lets say 12 custom balanced armature drivers per side proper implemented with a custom 4 or even 5 way crossover and exactly calculated routes thru sound tubes that transport each frequency exactly as they are supposed to do right next to your ear drum while not having to deal with different auricles of different people that reflect the heck out of the wall of sound in over ears which finally ends up in an individual signature including different spikes in the frequency response for everyone? interesting. biology and physics have hard times discussing with audiophiles :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #1,033 of 1,041
yes i am late to the show, but have to say i still have a hard time finding the soundquality of the 4 in a cheaper headphone. so to me you exactly get what you pay for. i know that specially some americans often have a problem with getting behind the idea that bigger isnt necessarily better and that small things can surpass big and bold bad assery. these people want a good chunky peace of kit for their hard earned money no matter of it logically makes any sense. but to each his own i guess...
I've since obtained the lcd i4, but at a black friday, half off type of deal. I think it's better than the i3, but it took me a while to appreciate it as immediately i was like, I like the i3 better. There is something about the i3 that took me a long time to get over. I sold my i3. It was like I was guilty that I might have liked it better. I had to get rid of it. Over time I've learned to appreciate the i4s strengths. I think i liked the i3s bass and warmth better.

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #1,034 of 1,041
A used i4 is only around €3-500 more than a used i3. These iems really don't have have driver failure from all finding I've seen. Mine has lasted 4 years. The difference between the 3 and 4 once you correctly use auto eq 20-6000hz is about 25% improvement in performance. The i4 is far more effortless in its presentation than the 3, much like the lcd4 is once corrected. Its like the difference between a almost spotless window, and no window at all. Like the driver is completly imperceptible, or is ethereal like a E-stat. None of these iems should be used without serious EQ like a qudelix. Their defult FR's are abominable, but the i3s is noticeably better than the i4. Like going from a E to a D+. Technical performance wise, it's going from a S- to a S+. For such a small difference on the used market, that is worth the jump every time, but absolutely not for $1500 more brand new. Its not that large.

Feb 27, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #1,035 of 1,041
I've since obtained the lcd i4, but at a black friday, half off type of deal. I think it's better than the i3, but it took me a while to appreciate it as immediately i was like, I like the i3 better. There is something about the i3 that took me a long time to get over. I sold my i3. It was like I was guilty that I might have liked it better. I had to get rid of it. Over time I've learned to appreciate the i4s strengths. I think i liked the i3s bass and warmth better.
much appreciate your reply and see what you liked about the i3, maybe you could additionally get another i3, once you find a good deal for a used unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back