Introducing the LCD-i3
May 10, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #826 of 1,041
They do. I have a 2015 MBP and a USB to Lightning adaptor made by Anker. Works perfectly

May 10, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #827 of 1,041
Just wonder. Is that these earphones no longer come with lightning cipher cable? Does audeZe still produce one?
Wasn't aware of that - I emailed Audeze today and they said they don't currently have plans to restock the Lightning cable and they're focused on other products such as the Bluetooth Module.

I'm an iOS user, love the CIPHER cable with the iSine 10. Was thinking about getting an i3. This is disappointing.

May 10, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #828 of 1,041
Wasn't aware of that - I emailed Audeze today and they said they don't currently have plans to restock the Lightning cable and they're focused on other products such as the Bluetooth Module.

I'm an iOS user, love the CIPHER cable with the iSine 10. Was thinking about getting an i3. This is disappointing.
In that case I hope they will at least produce a better bluetooth cable then. Thx for your info

May 11, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #830 of 1,041
Thanks, I was looking at Amazon.es and I only found usb-c.
They may well have stopped making it now that a lot of new devices are moving to USB-C. Saw one on eBay but they want £74 for it 😂😂😂
However, I think you can simply connect it to a USB-C > USB-A adapter. From Amazon if it doesn't work, just return it. Might look ugly but should work fine.

May 11, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #831 of 1,041
Just use my own setttings for APO and make your i3 sounds like "almost-i4". Unfortunately you can't use normal fixed-band equalizer to make them sound like this.

Also, for the cable, I concur. Even MMCX are possible if you are persistent enough. 🙂

Z9nozbD.jpg

My custom, fully handmade 8-core copper cable /w bubinga wood. Surprlisingly, it sounds better with stock i3, while my other cable, 8-core silver-coated copper, which sounds better with i3+APO and i4 on the other hand.

pVRyHVi.png

The cable choice should be related to your posssible upgrade path and method of listening this headphones in my opinion (and based on some time with both cables).
Where did you get the tips??

May 12, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #832 of 1,041
They may well have stopped making it now that a lot of new devices are moving to USB-C. Saw one on eBay but they want £74 for it 😂😂😂
However, I think you can simply connect it to a USB-C > USB-A adapter. From Amazon if it doesn't work, just return it. Might look ugly but should work fine.
Thanks, Amazon.de, €27.99

Last edited:
May 20, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #833 of 1,041

If you have the Cipher cable it will work with the i3.

May 21, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #834 of 1,041
If you have the Cipher cable it will work with the i3.
Although it will work, the built-in EQ is very different so you may not be able to get it to sound the way it should.

May 25, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #836 of 1,041

You can get a LCD-i4 lightning cypher cable from this AU dealer, but at a premium price and overseas shipping rate:

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/audeze-cipher-lightning-cable-for-lcd-i4

May 26, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #837 of 1,041

Why not put an ad in the 'For Sale' forum with a WLTB? You might find there are a lot of users of the i3 that don't have any Apple products and would be willing to sell it to you.

Jun 16, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #838 of 1,041
Please tell me if someone now. Im a Audeze fan boy (LCD-3, LCD-XC are my favourite). Also i own last macbook on M1. They will fit directly from mac usb ? I need to reduce my headphone rig because finally bought my dream stereo setup.

Jun 16, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #839 of 1,041
@Perzua Fits perfectly if you use the Anker USB audio adapter (A and C types both available)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back