Introducing the LCD-i3
Aug 21, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #61 of 1,041
I'm interested in the LCDi4, for the sound quality, but the Bluetooth aspect would be a major boon, as i'd love to use them with a VR headset. Is the Bluetooth module part of the 'phones themselves or a separate module that could be used with LCDi4s as well?

If not, i'm wondering if a Bluetooth LCDi4 might be in the works.

Aug 21, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #62 of 1,041
I'm interested in the LCDi4, for the sound quality, but the Bluetooth aspect would be a major boon, as i'd love to use them with a VR headset. Is the Bluetooth module part of the 'phones themselves or a separate module that could be used with LCDi4s as well?

If not, i'm wondering if a Bluetooth LCDi4 might be in the works.
Order LCDi4 from Audeze and they'll ship you Bluetooth cable for free. Purchase elsewhere and you can still purchase it from them for $100. Tuned differently than for iSine, so you have to inform them for who h device you need the cipher cable

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #64 of 1,041
Introducing the LCD-i3

Audeze announces the new LCD-i3, successor to the extremely popular iSINE 20 and “little brother” to the LCD-i4. The LCD-i3 features sonic improvements over the iSINE 20, with Bluetooth, Lightning, and standard 3.5mm connectivity included. By using the Magnesium housing and grill design of the LCD-i4, the LCD-i3 reduces unwanted resonance and offers improved resolution over the iSINE 20.

The LCD-i3 will be priced at only $899 USD retail and will begin shipping on August 23rd.

ORDER NOW

AUDIOPHILE SOUND FROM ANY DEVICE

Included with each LCD-i3 are the Audeze CIPHER Lightning Cable, Bluetooth Module, and standard 3.5mm cable, providing incredible connection versatility that delivers audiophile sound quality through any device.

Featuring a Bluetooth 5.0 chipset with integrated support for AptX and AptX HD, our CIPHER Bluetooth Module delivers low latency 24 bit wireless audio that has been optimized for even the most discerning ear.

IMPROVED COMFORT

Our brand new Ear Fins are ergonomically designed to provide a comfortable and secure fit within the concha bowl of the ear. For those that prefer the traditional iSINE fit, our redesigned Ear Hooks now curve inward along the back of the ear to ensure superior fit for ears of all shapes and sizes.

These new accessories come included with every LCD-i3 and are fully compatible with all existing Audeze in-ear headphones! Current iSINE or LCD-i4 owners interested in purchasing the accessories separately can do so through the iSINE accessory kit.

ORDER NOW
Are these still on track to start shipping tomorrow?

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #66 of 1,041
I think it's less about neglecting Android and more about an ecosysten that doesn't have a set standard. Not all USB c Android phones function the same way. Not all USB c DACs function with Android phones. It has to do with how each phone may be wired just a little differently. That's not a problem with iOS as apple phones have one set standard. It is currently impossible to make a usbc accessory and say that it will work for all USB c Android phones. I think that is part of what this is about. For the record I have had an iPhone 7 as solely a music player for one year. I've been using Android phones since the 2007 g1, will continue to use Android flagship devices, and won't buy apple phones to use as phones. I'm Android for sure, but didn't want to deal with resampling with all my USB DACs so bought a used iPhone 7 for audio use
I guess it depends on what you mean with "wired differently" but surely it would function with all USB type C. If you mean the quality of power rather than signal from the port then I assume that could differ.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #67 of 1,041
I am concerned that these may be isine20s dressed up in an i4 shell with a $100 bt cable for 300 bucks more. I. guess we shall see. Can’t seem to find much in the way of details.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #69 of 1,041
I’m hoping they are LCD i4s without the expensive cable, leather case, etc at a much more reasonable price
That’s what I hope but it appears from what I have found so far (admittedly not much) they are much closer to the 20 than the i4 in terms of driver technology. Waiting for audeze to respond to my inquiry in the topic.

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #73 of 1,041
All this iPhone vs. Android cable discussion is amusing. Instead, I find it more strange that a company double-down on the need for DSP equalization on its headphones at all, thus tying it to a phone or PC app for best response. This leaves those of us just wanting to use the analog-out of a top-drawer source out in the cold.

Next!

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #74 of 1,041
I guess it depends on what you mean with "wired differently" but surely it would function with all USB type C. If you mean the quality of power rather than signal from the port then I assume that could differ.
Not all USB C dongle DAC
All this iPhone vs. Android cable discussion is amusing. Instead, I find it more strange that a company double-down on the need for DSP equalization on its headphones at all, thus tying it to a phone or PC app for best response. This leaves those of us just wanting to use the analog-out of a top-drawer source out in the cold.

Next!
Don't think it's necessarily a need. For instance, LCDi4 has more treble sparkle via 3.5mm than cipher. Bass is still deep and present just not hitting as hard. It's a neutral low end via 3.5mm. I actually like it more with some genres via 3.5mm than cipher. For modern music, r&b, hip hop, I'm definitely going cipher for that thicker low end, but for classical, some jazz, I actually prefer 3.5mm out of my mojo or xdsd

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #75 of 1,041

Users who are viewing this thread

Back