Introducing the LCD-i3
Aug 20, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #31 of 1,041
Have both ISine 20 and LCDi4. Leak sound in like nothing was in your ear. No music playing you can hear everything Round you. Music playing it will drown out most average level noises. I compare it to listening to a high quality audio system in a vehicle while driving. You can hear the road noise, but the music is what you hear most. As far as what others hear, it's minor, seeing as these are in ear, doesn't take ridiculous levels to hear plenty of volume. Others around you won't be bothered unless they are joined to you at the shoulder

Thanks, I’m definitely interested in these. Closest coworkers are a couple of meters away, so it probably shouldn’t bother them. I’ll wait for reviews and see what the EU prices shape up to be.

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #32 of 1,041
This is baffling to me too. The USB adapter from Anker allows me to use it with any of my USB C devices such as my MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, and Pixel 3. However, I can't adjust the EQ without an old iPhone SE.

Even worse is the choice to only charge the Bluetooth cable with MicroUSB. There is no excuse for this in 2019. I love my LCD-i4 but these are just terrible and lazy product decisions.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #33 of 1,041
Thanks, I’m definitely interested in these. Closest coworkers are a couple of meters away, so it probably shouldn’t bother them. I’ll wait for reviews and see what the EU prices shape up to be.

Usually, simply take dollars and convert to euros...

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #35 of 1,041
This looks fantastic. I'm especially interested in trying out the new ear fins. I'm not at all a fan of 99% of what Bose does, but their "StayHear" eartips are extremely comfortable and I bet these will feel similar.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Aug 20, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #37 of 1,041
This is baffling to me too. The USB adapter from Anker allows me to use it with any of my USB C devices such as my MacBook Pro, iPad Pro, and Pixel 3. However, I can't adjust the EQ without an old iPhone SE.

Even worse is the choice to only charge the Bluetooth cable with MicroUSB. There is no excuse for this in 2019. I love my LCD-i4 but these are just terrible and lazy product decisions.

exactly! That Anker dongle is a band-aid.

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #38 of 1,041
Jeez, what's with the misinformed whining?! Please do some fact checking before you post!

Lightning connector has been used on iPhones SINCE the iPhone 5 from 9/12, and is still in use today. Also, while I'm NOT an Apple fanboy, I don't understand the Android fanboys who constantly talk about how Android has majority market share? iPhone is 7% of the market?? On what planet? A simple google search indicates iPhone has more like 40%+ market share in the US, and iPad around 25% tablet market share, making it the dominant tablet (though that market is shrinking).

While the need to use the cipher cable is a VERY MINOR inconvenience, the benefit it provides is HUGE. If you need to use an extra adapter for your source that IS a little more annoying, but it's really not that big a deal if you think about it and stop crying at your keyboard over first world problems (while spouting drastically exaggerated incorrect statistics).

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #39 of 1,041
Jeez, what's with the misinformed whining?! Please do some fact checking before you post!

Lightning connector has been used on iPhones SINCE the iPhone 5 from 9/12, and is still in use today. Also, while I'm NOT an Apple fanboy, I don't understand the Android fanboys who constantly talk about how Android has majority market share? iPhone is 7% of the market?? On what planet? A simple google search indicates iPhone has more like 40%+ market share in the US.

While the need to use the cipher cable is a VERY MINOR inconvenience, the benefit it provides is HUGE. If you need to use an extra adapter for your source that IS a little more annoying, but it's really not that big a deal if you think about it and stop crying at your keyboard over first world problems (while spouting drastically exaggerated incorrect statistics).

This indeed.

Aug 20, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #40 of 1,041
I did think that Apple updated to USB C on this last phone, that is my mistake. I don't use Apple products. However, it's still only good for ONE phone.

But that's fine. $900 for a headphone that needs DSP that can only get it natively on ONE phone, otherwise a 3rd party half functional dongle is needed.

Oh and you can't update / change any of the EQ settings with that Dongle as there is no Android app. So yah, that is a GREAT solution.

I will leave now.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #41 of 1,041
iPhone is 7% of the market?? On what planet?
Relax. I don't take things all that serious and I can understand why they focus on Apple customers anyway because of money.

As for the 7%, https://www.counterpointresearch.com/global-smartphone-share/, https://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone-market-share/vendor, Apple had 12% of the global smartphone market in Q1 2019, I thought it was 14 and then simply considered all the PCs which you may always want to hook them up with and hence made PCs/other devices = same size as smartphone markets (which may be wrong in the current situation) and hence divided 14 by 2.

12% of smartphones, likely majority of tables, very few computers = whatever.

But it doesn't really matter since people who buy a $150 Android phone likely very rarely by $900 headphones to go with them.

To get an included dac + amp is nice and add to the value if it's good. So they should have that to their advantage.
As for hooking up with cable I personally don't like cables connected to device in pocket anyway so I would prefer the bluetooth solution anyhow.

As for what Apple will do that's hard to guess but they have switched to USB type C on laptops and the Pro models of the tablets no longer use the Pencil with lighting connector though they let that remain on the lower end ones but likely just as a way to encourage people to spend more to get the "better" thing. I don't know if type C is much bulkier in phones or not. Was it the case that the Pro tablets also changed to type C as they were "professional" whereas the lower end didn't because of old accessories? Regardless plenty of old Apple and Android devices around with lighting and micro-USB .

Also no Android fan boy (though I'd much rather had an open/free system then again their user interface design is crap) and it's not an argument. As for Apple having 7% market share (on phones) that was never a claim but that was rather a claim for number of devices with lightning vs with USB.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #42 of 1,041
Subbed and interested in first impressions. Really liked the iSine10/20 but never ended up pulling the trigger. This might be the one
I am a happy iSine 10 owner, and was just about to pull the trigger on the iSine 20, and then I saw these and can't wait to hear them. These just went to the top of my wish list!

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #43 of 1,041

Lightning connector has been used on iPhones SINCE the iPhone 5 from 9/12, and is still in use today. Also, while I'm NOT an Apple fanboy, I don't understand the Android fanboys who constantly talk about how Android has majority market share? iPhone is 7% of the market?? On what planet? A simple google search indicates iPhone has more like 40%+ market share in the US, and iPad around 25% tablet market share, making it the dominant tablet (though that market is shrinking).

I wanna make 10 accounts to like this 10 times

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #44 of 1,041
I am a happy iSine 10 owner, and was just about to pull the trigger on the iSine 20, and then I saw these and can't wait to hear them. These just went to the top of my wish list!
Yeah I felt like my current IEMs were a bit too far ahead of the iSine10 for me to find proper uses for it, while the lcdi4 has a few too many inconveniences in its usage to justify its price. This sounds like a really good tradeoff though

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #45 of 1,041
Favoring Apple and neglecting Android is a no-buy for me. I'll look back if Audeze ever does the right thing and give Android users equal treatment with a USB-C Cipher cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back