Introducing the LCD-i3
Aug 22, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #78 of 1,041
Aug 22, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #79 of 1,041
And no real direct comparison to the isine20 which is what I assume most of us want to see (err hear).
Also true. The seems promising, was in regards to the fact he enjoyed them, and nothing more. We all know the real reviews will come soon enough.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #80 of 1,041
And no real direct comparison to the isine20 which is what I assume most of us want to see (err hear).

Indeed. I like the look of the i3 and would upgrade from my Isine20s if I felt the extra cost is justified. The magnesium shell looks nicer than the plastic Isines. But I really love the sound of the Isines, so it has to be a significant sound improvement for me to pull the trigger.

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #82 of 1,041
Indeed. I like the look of the i3 and would upgrade from my Isine20s if I felt the extra cost is justified. The magnesium shell looks nicer than the plastic Isines. But I really love the sound of the Isines, so it has to be a significant sound improvement for me to pull the trigger.
I am coming from the iSine 10, so I am interested in the comparison with the iSine 20 as well. It would be really nice for me if the iSine 20's still hold their own against the newer i3, from a price stand point. However, if the i3 are better than the iSine 20 by a good amount, then I will go the i3 route for sure. One way or another I will own an iSine 20 or i3 soon, as I really love my iSine 10's, and want to go to the next level. :ksc75smile:

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #83 of 1,041
@Audeze ... will you eventually be releasing a package without an Apple Cipher cable? I don't do iPhone and never will. Increase cost of purchase even if $50 will keep me from buying this.

Also, is the Cipher Bluetooth supplied with this a unique DSP tune? I read people assuming that. But I have not seen it confirmed by you (maybe it was and I missed it). If not, I already have two of those. So paying for another would keep me away. Please advise on that.

Big thanx! This is the exact product I was waiting for. Hoping for good news on the accessory pack options.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #84 of 1,041

I believe it would be incremental with a noticable difference. I A/B'd the i4 & 20 for near an hour at Audio46. I walked out with the iSine 20 for utilitarian reasons. It was "good enough for a lot less $" compared to the i4; and better on the go w/o an amp. But I was never going to confuse it for the i4. I lusted after that for a while.

I suspect (supposition here) the i3 has the musical reproduction flavorings of the i4. And will clearly stand apart from the iSine 20. Where to some, me included, it may be difficult to discern a difference between an iSine 10 & 20. I suspect the i3 will not be easily confused with a iSine 20. ... TBD of course. :wink:

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #85 of 1,041
I believe it would be incremental with a noticable difference. I A/B'd the i4 & 20 for near an hour at Audio46. I walked out with the iSine 20 for utilitarian reasons. It was "good enough for a lot less $" compared to the i4; and better on the go w/o an amp. But I was never going to confuse it for the i4. I lusted after that for a while.

I suspect (supposition here) the i3 has the musical reproduction flavorings of the i4. And will clearly stand apart from the iSine 20. Where to some, me included, it may be difficult to discern a difference between an iSine 10 & 20. I suspect the i3 will not be easily confused with a iSine 20. ... TBD of course. :wink:
Nice! Thanks for your input.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #86 of 1,041
I am coming from the iSine 10, so I am interested in the comparison with the iSine 20 as well. It would be really nice for me if the iSine 20's still hold their own against the newer i3, from a price stand point. However, if the i3 are better than the iSine 20 by a good amount, then I will go the i3 route for sure. One way or another I will own an iSine 20 or i3 soon, as I really love my iSine 10's, and want to go to the next level. :ksc75smile:
If you think about it, it's not really much of a price difference for what you get. Separately, the Bluetooth module is $100 and the cipher cable is $129. 550+100-129=779. So you're not really paying that much more than you would for an iSine 20 and the cables. The magnesium housing is already worth a price increase

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #87 of 1,041
@Audeze ... will you eventually be releasing a package without an Apple Cipher cable? I don't do iPhone and never will. Increase cost of purchase even if $50 will keep me from buying this.

Also, is the Cipher Bluetooth supplied with this a unique DSP tune? I read people assuming that. But I have not seen it confirmed by you (maybe it was and I missed it). If not, I already have two of those. So paying for another would keep me away. Please advise on that.

Big thanx! This is the exact product I was waiting for. Hoping for good news on the accessory pack options.

The Bluetooth cables are programmed for i3 and i4. ISine 10 and 20 have different tuning. To answer your question, yes they are programmed and will not be suitable for non-audeze earphones. At the moment the in-ears come with all three cables. The Lightning cable with USB adapters are being used by many non-apple users.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 23, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #88 of 1,041
The Bluetooth cables are programmed for i3 and i4. ISine 10 and 20 have different tuning. To answer your question, yes they are programmed and will not be suitable for non-audeze earphones. At the moment the in-ears come with all three cables. The Lightning cable with USB adapters are being used by many non-apple users.
I didnt know that last sentence is possible. (Only an infrequent visitor here reading a few specific threads that interest me) Well, that changes ... Everything! Wow, really jazzed to read that. Thank you!

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #89 of 1,041
Another Audio46 review, this time in english:

Not a very good review if you ask me. Still waiting on proper impressions. But there seems to be consistency that we may be looking at a V-shaped sound sig.

Aug 23, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #90 of 1,041
All this iPhone vs. Android cable discussion is amusing. Instead, I find it more strange that a company double-down on the need for DSP equalization on its headphones at all, thus tying it to a phone or PC app for best response. This leaves those of us just wanting to use the analog-out of a top-drawer source out in the cold.

Next!

Yep everyone I know who had iSine said it doesn't sound good without the software DSP correction, so if you want to use analog out of a good dap or android device then it's probably not going to be very impressive at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back