Introducing the LCD-i3
Sep 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #166 of 1,041
Hi there,

I am verry interested in these. I liked my isine 20 alot before they were stolen I was listening mostly direct from my LG V 30 or Mojo/Poly combination. I still have a FAW hybrid cable to fit these and thought about ditching the cypher cables to save some bucks. So I wanted to ask if anyone is using them with Mojo/Poly. The post from @MacedonianHero worried me a bit. Can you maybe say something about cypher vs Mojo/Poly? Since I dont plan on buying an Iphone I fear to miss the best quality possible.

Also @Audeze will there be an android app down the line?

Thanks alot for the early impressions everyone!

Cheers
I was using my ISine 20 without cipher for a year. Didn't see what the big deal was. Then I got a cipher cable...major difference. I use stock tuning on the cipher. Get the cipher for these, and purchase the Anker lightning to USB c adapter. With that you can use these on a USB C phone, and if you also purchase a USB c to USB a adapter you can use these on a PCs USB a slot, a non USB c phone with an OTG cable, etc. Unless you have the ability to eq these, and use your mojo, etc. Then for sound the cipher v2 is the way to go.

Sep 6, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #167 of 1,041
Thx for your input @Devodonaldson
I hope my dealer has an adapter when I audition them , or I might buy one and bring it with me....it would be nice to get the most out of these with just my phone and using the Tidal app without third party apps like Bubbleupnp would be a plus , too.

Sep 6, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #168 of 1,041
Thx for your input @Devodonaldson
I hope my dealer has an adapter when I audition them , or I might buy one and bring it with me....it would be nice to get the most out of these with just my phone and using the Tidal app without third party apps like Bubbleupnp would be a plus , too.

The i3 sounds terrific right out of my note 10 using cipher, anker cable and tidal. I bumped the bass a bit using my iphone first and the connect to the Samsung. While I'm sure expensive equipment might sound better, the simplicity and portability of the cipher can't be beat

Sep 6, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #169 of 1,041
Sep 6, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #171 of 1,041
I was using my ISine 20 without cipher for a year. Didn't see what the big deal was. Then I got a cipher cable...major difference. I use stock tuning on the cipher. Get the cipher for these, and purchase the Anker lightning to USB c adapter. With that you can use these on a USB C phone, and if you also purchase a USB c to USB a adapter you can use these on a PCs USB a slot, a non USB c phone with an OTG cable, etc. Unless you have the ability to eq these, and use your mojo, etc. Then for sound the cipher v2 is the way to go.
ever tried cipher v2 + PEQ? that's next level to my ears

Sep 6, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #173 of 1,041
Please elaborate.
use the cipher and use a decent parametric equalizer to make the mids and highs clearer for a better layering and detail retrieval.

Sep 7, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #175 of 1,041
Thanks. I was unaware that you could eq over the cipher cable other than through the audeze ha app
the audeze 10 band eq app is too average. It doesnt respond to eq that much. Using an external PEQ really opens up better. Oh if you happen to have s10, please turn on the Dolby Atmos and use the movie mode. It is just toooo good to not use it.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #176 of 1,041
Just received mine. First impressions; more warmth and bass than isine 10. I’m having a hard time hearing much difference in these and the 10s and 20s. I guess I would say these are smoother, warmer and slightly better detail retrieval. I absolutely swear by the isine series so all three are insanely good from my perspective. I’m really curious how much different the lcd i4 are. I’m going to sell my 10s now because these have those slightly different characteristics. Finally, these look amazing and the earclips are better. The ear fins are crap

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #177 of 1,041
Just received mine. First impressions; more warmth and bass than isine 10. I’m having a hard time hearing much difference in these and the 10s and 20s. I guess I would say these are smoother, warmer and slightly better detail retrieval. I absolutely swear by the isine series so all three are insanely good from my perspective. I’m really curious how much different the lcd i4 are. I’m going to sell my 10s now because these have those slightly different characteristics. Finally, these look amazing and the earclips are better. The ear fins are crap
I own ISine 20 and LCDi4. I was in love with my 20, even through analog cable. Then I bought cipher and was wowed. Then I got LCDi4. Now the ISine 20 sounds somewhat muddy in comparison. Still very good, but not even close to being on the same level. The 20 is now a gym or run headphone for me now.

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #179 of 1,041
Can't say I ever considered doing that with a 600 iem. Hard to believe they stay put.
the original earhooks, and the larger eartips, and they don't go anywhere. i wouldn't have thought i would either, but when you have the lcdi4, you gotta use your isine 20 somewhere, since you paid for it. and i love running on the street with the open back headphone

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #180 of 1,041
the original earhooks, and the larger eartips, and they don't go anywhere. i wouldn't have thought i would either, but when you have the lcdi4, you gotta use your isine 20 somewhere, since you paid for it. and i love running on the street with the open back headphone

You are my hero. I love it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back